[DEV] World of warcraft mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Galfurn

[DEV] World of warcraft mod

Post by Galfurn »

MOD Title: World of warcraft mod
MOD Description: I'm sure this will grow with time will create direct links to the world of warcraft armory, be able to add up to 10 different characters into the profile to cover all your alts.
MOD Version: Dev

MOD Download: Not Yet
Last Stable version: None

Demo Board: Not Yet
Demo Username: Not Yet
Demo Password: Not Yet

Planned Features

* Select what character to show in the post topic
* upto 10 chars (your main and your alts)
* image set for world of warcraft
* adding armory links to member list and profiles
* a new bb code to link to the allakhazam loot popups
** Request** DKP (Dragonkin points) loot system
** Request** Raid signup and scheduling.
* Other things suggested by you

Notes
5/29/07
I'm open to suggestions for features. im using the phpbb 3.0 on my world of warcraft guild site so thought id make a mod to tie it all in nice .. and extra features to do with the world of warcraft post and ill see what i can do
05/30/07
ok love the idea of the raid signup going to wait a bit to see what the calander is all about may just make that a requirement for this mod and us that f its not up to what we need then will reinvent the wheel.

05/31/07 RE:DKP
ok there are 1000's of dkp systems in use by different guilds to make a comprehensive system to cover all of them is unrealistic so the one im settling on to design is the zero sum dkp. basically there will be a per user option to enter the dkp system done only by moderators( once a user hits raiding lvls) the total points active on the board will be 0 there for if you have 101 members using the dkp system and an item costs 100 dkp then that user will become -100 points and the points will be enenly redistributed throughout the rest of the members in this case +1 each. if this isn't the system you use then I'm sorry but in the words of WoW less qq plz I can't acomidate everyone here.

06/01/07-- its been claimed there is a pbpbb version 3 x wow mod out there already i cant find it anywhere in pbpbb site if you now if this mod please send me a link or pm me with details untill then im going to carrry on with the mod as i couldnt find it anywhere

07/01/07 -- sorry for the long delay between updates i got a new job and got side tracked from updating you guy im at about 75% of the way done with V alpha1.0 ill post a link as soon as its stable enough
Last edited by Galfurn on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
seylon

Re: [DEV] World of warcraft mod

Post by seylon »

nice, a mod specifically for WoW :).

I guess one of the front running suggestions for any big guild in WoW would be some sort of raid signup feature. Possibly integrate it with the calender mod that is being developed.

For linking items from allakhazam you may want to check itemstats which was coded to work with phpbb2 and the author has stopped updating because he doesnt play anymore (http://itemstats.free.fr/news.php).

I suppose this might not be necessary because eqdkp exists and reinventing the wheel is wasting time but perhaps a dkp system as well linked to members profile so they can see how much they have?

Raid progress system where raid leaders can update how far the guild has progressed through raid content.
considering the armory and armor sets, perhaps also some form of armor set progress as well.

and i need to get back to work now so i cant post anymore thoughts.
Galfurn

Post by Galfurn »

seylon wrote:nice, a mod specifically for WoW :).

I guess one of the front running suggestions for any big guild in WoW would be some sort of raid signup feature. Possibly integrate it with the calender mod that is being developed.

For linking items from allakhazam you may want to check itemstats which was coded to work with phpbb2 and the author has stopped updating because he doesnt play anymore (http://itemstats.free.fr/news.php).

I suppose this might not be necessary because eqdkp exists and reinventing the wheel is wasting time but perhaps a dkp system as well linked to members profile so they can see how much they have?

Raid progress system where raid leaders can update how far the guild has progressed through raid content.
considering the armory and armor sets, perhaps also some form of armor set progress as well.

and i need to get back to work now so i cant post anymore thoughts.

Great ideas added the raid sign up and dkp to the list of features as for the raid progress ill have to think on the best way to do this before i commit to adding it
xsnslaine

Post by xsnslaine »

when do you plan starting development on this?
Bhaerau

Post by Bhaerau »

Sounds like something I'd use.
Galfurn

Post by Galfurn »

xsnslaine wrote:when do you plan starting development on this?
Actually started on it I'll post a link to the demo board once theres something stableish to see
liquidox

Post by liquidox »

Yes please!

I'd like to note that for DKP and Raid signups, there's a really well established system/software package, EQDKP. You might really want to focus on the other features first ;)
Galfurn

Post by Galfurn »

liquidox wrote:Yes please!

I'd like to note that for DKP and Raid signups, there's a really well established system/software package, EQDKP. You might really want to focus on the other features first ;)
Yes it will be one of the later parts of the project but it would be nice to have an open source designer feriendly system that wont cause havoc with our styles lie that package dose.
Dagar

Post by Dagar »

I second the request for the "Itemstats" module. A lot of my guild members have been asking about it.
tonydevil

Post by tonydevil »

i'm interested in this too, but mainly for customising for use on a GuildWars forum ;)
MasterSaji

Post by MasterSaji »

tonydevil wrote:i'm interested in this too, but mainly for customising for use on a GuildWars forum ;)
My thoughts exactly :D

Can't wait to see how it turns out :ugeek:
seylon

Post by seylon »

heh, zerosum is just the dkp system we dont use :P ah well qq off :)

looking forward to the code.

Some interesting options might be to look at some lua coding that pulls the guild info specifically relating to ranks within the guild and that directly translating into user rights for this mod. Ie officers being able to edit the dkp system when it gets implemented ;)

ach i'm gonna qq some more. the eqdkp system has mods for it to allow the system to be versatile. basically you can set it up to run on a bidding system , fixed price and one mod will allow the system to become zerosum. This would give the user a bit more choice. Zero-summing is just a mathematical system, so basically you could set the mod such that when a user adds an item to the dkp, they could either have a board wide setting or specifically only for that item an option to turn on zero-sum.

Things you need to keep in mind with the dkp, Not all users earn the points, only those that were present at the raid. Also many guilds run penalty systems punishing players that are late, leave early and what else they may do wrong :P same goes for applying bonuses and these are user specific and not board wide changes.

As for the raid signup. The way our guild does it currently is set up a forum where you post the event and optionally attach it to the calender and then the users just post a /sign in that forum relating to the raid. Of course i'm assuming here that we want a bit more extensive system that includes class limitations and queue systems and an auto-updating list of who has signed up for the raid.(hate that scrolling through threads to see who signed up) a cancelling system would also be a nice plus.

well brain stalled, going back to work.
Galfurn

Post by Galfurn »

seylon wrote:ach i'm gonna qq some more. the eqdkp system has mods for it to allow the system to be versatile. basically you can set it up to run on a bidding system , fixed price and one mod will allow the system to become zerosum. This would give the user a bit more choice. Zero-summing is just a mathematical system, so basically you could set the mod such that when a user adds an item to the dkp, they could either have a board wide setting or specifically only for that item an option to turn on zero-sum.

Things you need to keep in mind with the dkp, Not all users earn the points, only those that were present at the raid. Also many guilds run penalty systems punishing players that are late, leave early and what else they may do wrong :P same goes for applying bonuses and these are user specific and not board wide changes.
i want to be able to release the beta of this by end of June so I'm going to keep it simple for now but my guild is already over excited about this and has already "given suggestions" later on it may support various dkp systems editable in the mcp for now the 0sum is what im doing there will be an omit add option similar the v2 cash mod option had so moderators will be able to manually edit the dkp points.. when points are added/removed the moderator will only be editing the points to those who signed up to that raid via the scheduling system. basically when you sign up for a raid you go on a pending list a moderator will accept/decline the application once approved you go on the active list for that raid. then when the moderator closes out the raid the add the raid points earnt. who spent points ( i guess i can add a remove points for punishments too) then when they close it the system updates those people points accordingly. thats how im planning it all out anyway .. lets see if i can stick to it as the coding go tho.
seylon wrote:As for the raid signup. The way our guild does it currently is set up a forum where you post the event and optionally attach it to the calender and then the users just post a /sign in that forum relating to the raid. Of course i'm assuming here that we want a bit more extensive system that includes class limitations and queue systems and an auto-updating list of who has signed up for the raid.(hate that scrolling through threads to see who signed up) a cancelling system would also be a nice plus.
the raid signup is going to be something like this.

from admin/raid.php a admin of the board can set up a senerio(raid) ie 10 man/25man 40 man set the classes needed set location and description of the raid.

then in raid.php (moderators only) can start a raid selecting from the prest raids setting a time and duration for the event and setting some other misalanous option like auto accept member ect

the user on the board will see the new event in both a topic and on a calander they will click on it and apply probbly a submit button the system will check the characters class see if theres a spot open to that class and either submit the member th raid or if its already full submit them to a reserve list.

once the raid is over the moderator goes back into raid.php and selects the raid and closes it out with the dkp points to distrubuite .

i know thats not very clear and tons of typos but im at work and boss keeps going past
ill have a board up but the end of the week for a full description and progress buy the middel of next week.. sorry fro not being more orginized ddint think it would be popular :P
Jleagle

Post by Jleagle »

There is already a wow mod for phpBB3, with dkp, raids, char details etc.
Bhaerau

Post by Bhaerau »

Jleagle wrote:There is already a wow mod for phpBB3, with dkp, raids, char details etc.
That's nice. Where's the link?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”