[ABD] Photo Visual Confirmation 1.1.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Thoul

[ABD] Photo Visual Confirmation 1.1.2

Post by Thoul »

Modification Name: Photo Visual Confirmation
Modification Description:: Adds a new kind of Visual Confirmation, also known as a CAPTCHA. The person presented with a confirmation prompt must look at photographs and determine if they fit in a certain category or not.

Requirements: Requires the GD extension of PHP to be installed on the server. Some features require PHP 5; these will not be available on PHP 4, but the rest of the modification will work.

Modification Download:

This is a phpBB 3 adaptation of Josh Yelon's Photo-Recognition Visual Confirmation for phpBB 2. It adds a new kind of Visual Confirmation, also known as a CAPTCHA, to phpBB 3 forums. The person presented with a confirmation prompt must look at photographs and determine if they fit in a certain category or not.

Several default photographs (cats and cars) are included, but the real strength of this modification comes from the ability to replace the default pictures. All you have to do is upload some new ones and delete some of the old ones, and then you suddenly have a visual confirmation that is unique to your site.

I have expanded this from the phpBB 2 version with some new features. It integrates into all three of phpBB 3's captchas (registration, login, posting) and has ACP settings to control the number of pictures displayed on all three.

Demo screenshots of the ACP controls and the CAPTCHAs on login and registration can be found on the home page of the modification. (I can't provide direct links here due to hotlink protection, sorry.) The ACP screenshots are a little out of date, but they'll give you the general idea.
Last edited by Thoul on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.

damnian

Re: [DEV] Photo Visual Confirmation

Post by damnian »

How about hotcaptcha? :D
I no longer develop for phpBB. Check out my .NET blog!

Quezza

Post by Quezza »

This does sound great much better than the one in phpBB already.

Thoul

Post by Thoul »

The first beta of Photo Visual Confirmation is now available. Check the first post for the download and a brief description of the features.
damnian wrote:How about hotcaptcha? :D
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think that would be appropriate for all sites (or specifically, my sites, which is what I'm working on this mod for ;) ), so I don't think I will work it in. It might be better as a separate modification. I appreciate the suggestion, though. :D

Freelancetm

Re: [BETA] Photo Visual Confirmation

Post by Freelancetm »

Hi there,

Could you provide some screenshots or a link to a demo.
I would like to see this work before I try it out.

Thanks

Tw3nt

Post by Tw3nt »

I see you finally got it released :D
Does it have support for subsilver2???

(still waiting for phpmodders to come back online :cry: )

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Great! I had the previous installed in my phpBB2 board. I will try it today.

Thanks Thoul!

Grtz,

Nic

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I just installed the MOD but I can't manage to get the photo's visible. I can change settings in the ACP but when I want to register I can't see the photo's. I cleared the cache and the styles but nothing helps.

Did I oversee something?

Grtz,

Nic

Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Could you provide some screenshots or a link to a demo.
I would like to see this work before I try it out.
I don't have a demo available at the moment. You can see the phpBB 2 mod in action here, but the photos used there have been customized from the default setup.
Does it have support for subsilver2???
Not this version, but I will add it in a later release.
I just installed the MOD but I can't manage to get the photo's visible.
Do the images appear in the ACP preview? Check the path settings in the ACP and make sure they are correct for the location where you have the images stored.

Can you give me a link to the board you're using this on? It would be easier to debug if I could see your install in action.

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Thoul wrote:
I just installed the MOD but I can't manage to get the photo's visible.
Do the images appear in the ACP preview? Check the path settings in the ACP and make sure they are correct for the location where you have the images stored.
Yes, I see them, the paths are ok. I just don't see the photos when registering, the block where previously the phpBB3 captcha was, has disappeared. And off course when finishing the registration the system doesn't allow it because no captcha code was inserted. I refreshed the style and the cache. Nothing helped.

Thoul wrote:Can you give me a link to the board you're using this on? It would be easier to debug if I could see your install in action.
I first have to reinstall it then. :) Will keep you informed ;)

Grtz,

Nic

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Don't search any further, it seems that I didn't do the styles changes. So it wasn't possible to see the photos ;) ;) :oops: It all works now.

Stupid me, already the 2nd time today that I forgot to do style changes for a MOD :)

Grtz,

Nic

Thoul

Post by Thoul »

No problem, I did the same thing when I was installing it to test. I'm not used to having the style instructions in a separate file. :D

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Demo please... :)

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Is it possible to have the photos centered in the login body. I have 2 rows with 5 photos each and they are not centered on the page.

Grtz,

Nic

Thoul

Post by Thoul »

It could be done, but you'd have to play around with the HTML added in login_body.html. I'm not familiar enough with the ins and outs of prosilver to be much help there, I'm afraid.

You might be better off waiting for the next version to do this. I'm going to have to move the HTML for the images to a new template file to make it compatible with both subsilver2 and prosilver, so then you could edit that file to center them everywhere.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”