[Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
michaelo
Name: Michael O'Toole

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.2.0

Post by michaelo »

Had a problem with permissions... however I have moved the download to sourceforge... now everyone has access... Mike

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/phpbb3 ... portal.rar
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

Jan Christensen

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.3.0b

Post by Jan Christensen »

Thx a lot :)
Jan Christensen • Danish language package author • Olympus DK Team

monkeymaker

Error on your website...

Post by monkeymaker »

FYI _ I'm getting this error from the phpbbireland website:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 76
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: common.php
LINE: 206
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_connect()

FILE: portal.php
LINE: 21
CALL: include('common.php')
Thanks to everyone who has helped me thus far, and to all those who will in the future because I know I'll need it! :D

To see how my forum has progressed, check it out: http://www.BrentwoodConnect.com.

porfavor

Post by porfavor »

Yes it happens to me to. At this site as well as at the main site. It's a server problem. I don't know where the sites are hosted but I guess it will be solved asap.

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

We exceeded the maximum allowed connections (lots of downloads) and if I'm not mistaken it will take some time for the connections to time out... It is entirely possible the session length is too long as I played around with when working of the autologin problem... will fix asap...
Mike

viewsandthoughts

Post by viewsandthoughts »

Stargate Site back up and running.

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

In 0.3.1 the stargate.xml file has one error... I should have used BEFORE, ADD instead of AFTER, ADD in the last edit in: language/en/acp/common.php
If you did not spot this and end up with text displaying on several pages... Open language/en/acp/common.php and ensure '?>' only appears as the last line in the file...

Update: 0.3.1 install
Please note, the last page of the install process suggests there is another process to follow... This is incorrect, your install is complete. The report relates to installation when not using the MODX installation...

I am aware of several typos, these are minor... an update is underway to correct these.
Mike

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

hoffy

Post by hoffy »

OK, I have decided to brave it & try this install

I have run the install & have received the following message during the table creation:

install_install.php [ 262 ]

SQL : CREATE TABLE phpbb_k_blocks ( id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, ndx mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', title varchar(60) BINARY NOT NULL, position enum('L','C','R','l','r','1','2','3') NOT NULL default 'L', type enum('H','B','O') NOT NULL default 'H', active tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1', html_file_name varchar(255) BINARY NOT NULL, php_file_name varchar(255) BINARY default NULL, img_file_name varchar(255) BINARY default NULL, view_by tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', groups tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', scroll tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', has_vars tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id) )

Column 'position' has duplicated value 'L' in ENUM

Now, this is on my test environment, which is a bit bastardized but works up until now. Any ideas?

viewsandthoughts

Post by viewsandthoughts »

hoffy wrote:OK, I have decided to brave it & try this install

I have run the install & have received the following message during the table creation:

install_install.php [ 262 ]

SQL : CREATE TABLE phpbb_k_blocks ( id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, ndx mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', title varchar(60) BINARY NOT NULL, position enum('L','C','R','l','r','1','2','3') NOT NULL default 'L', type enum('H','B','O') NOT NULL default 'H', active tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '1', html_file_name varchar(255) BINARY NOT NULL, php_file_name varchar(255) BINARY default NULL, img_file_name varchar(255) BINARY default NULL, view_by tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', groups tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', scroll tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', has_vars tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id) )

Column 'position' has duplicated value 'L' in ENUM

Now, this is on my test environment, which is a bit bastardized but works up until now. Any ideas?
What version are you trying to install? Check out http://www.phpbbireland.com/phpBB3/ join the forums and you can find many of your answers there. Or just post your install version here so I know which version you are looking at. There are multiple versions currently on the site, 0.3.0, 0.3.0a, 0.3.0b, 0.3.1, 0.3.1 premod.

hoffy

Post by hoffy »

OK, here are the stats:

Phpbb 3.0.0
Stargate 0.3.1
mySQL 5.0.51
PHP 5.2.5

As this is my offline test environ, I am also using root as the D/base login.

What I will do next time (tonight, I'm in Aus) is try a complete clean install & re-edit the files again. If that works, I will try again on a copy of my live site (http://www.catchfencephotos.net)

C167

Post by C167 »

same here, it doesn't recognize that I'm using mysqli and uses the 4.0 scheme. Workaround:
delete/move the 40_scheme.sql-file and create a symlink (or copy) from the mysqli-scheme to the 40-scheme-file.

hoffy

Post by hoffy »

Thanks for that. I understand the process. Once finished, do I leave the modded 40_scheme.sql behind, or do restore the original?

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Re enum('L','C','R','l','r','1','2','3')... Delete the lower case l and r ... they are not used yet... Wonder if mySQL 5.0.51 is case sensitive...

Remember to read announcements at the site as any major fixes are post there... Mike

nousenam3

Post by nousenam3 »

Hi!

I have a problem with instalation of stargate portal 0.3.0. I have problem with country flags. In portal-installation.php is said that I have to change code in common.php which should be in .../includes/. But the problem is I don't find this common.php. Could somebody help me and tell me what should i do that my portal will work.

Tnx for answers.
Last edited by nousenam3 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”