[Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Locked
golgoth
Registered User
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by golgoth » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Apparently 0.40 has not been released yet...

porfavor
Registered User
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by porfavor » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:46 am

Well, you can get into the "test team" which means you will download 0.4.0 as we have it now and test it. It's not to be stable so be careful.

You can send a request for that group on http://phpbbireland.com
Usually you will be approved.

User avatar
michaelo
Registered User
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:49 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Name: Michael O'Toole
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by michaelo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:12 am

0.4.0 is the latest... If you read previous post you might see what is delaying things...
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

golgoth
Registered User
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by golgoth » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 am

michaelo wrote:0.4.0 is the latest... If you read previous post you might see what is delaying things...
Maybe i missed something, but what are we waiting for?

I mean, at the beginning of May 0.40 was "0.4.0 on final approach... Update scripts 95% complete...". Then it followed weeks of "it will be out very soon" by stargate staff members.

More or less one month ago you said "The full install could be ready for public testing within days... upgrade script to follow soon after...", then another wave of "released very soon".

I don't want to whine nor to argue, but i'm simply curious... why all these delays? Shouldn't be better to say at least "it will be done in X days/weeks/months", instead of saying everytime "it will be released very soon"?
I understand that you guys keep adding new features that need to be tested, but if you keep delaying the release because you want a perfect portal, Stargate will never come out, or it will be released later, when probably other portals are already there, stable and secure.

It's still in beta stage, isn't it? So why don't you release it to "use" hundreds of people as testers, so that bug reporting will be faster and you will also receive a lot of feedbacks to improve Stargate even more?
I mean, being internally tested for at least 3 months, it should be a just a matter of minor bugs by now, isn't it?

Anyway, thanks for your work :)

Cheater912
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by Cheater912 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:43 pm

Is Stargate compatible with the style "Protoype"?
(http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... =31&t=5736)

I'm new to phpBB, just moved from SMF :?
EDIT: Should I use 0.4.0b or 0.3.1?

User avatar
Tripp
Former Team Member
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 5:14 am
Location: G'boro, North Carolina
Name: Tripp
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by Tripp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 pm

golgoth wrote:
michaelo wrote:0.4.0 is the latest... If you read previous post you might see what is delaying things...
Maybe i missed something, but what are we waiting for?

I mean, at the beginning of May 0.40 was "0.4.0 on final approach... Update scripts 95% complete...". Then it followed weeks of "it will be out very soon" by stargate staff members.

More or less one month ago you said "The full install could be ready for public testing within days... upgrade script to follow soon after...", then another wave of "released very soon".

I don't want to whine nor to argue, but i'm simply curious... why all these delays? Shouldn't be better to say at least "it will be done in X days/weeks/months", instead of saying everytime "it will be released very soon"?
I understand that you guys keep adding new features that need to be tested, but if you keep delaying the release because you want a perfect portal, Stargate will never come out, or it will be released later, when probably other portals are already there, stable and secure.

It's still in beta stage, isn't it? So why don't you release it to "use" hundreds of people as testers, so that bug reporting will be faster and you will also receive a lot of feedbacks to improve Stargate even more?
I mean, being internally tested for at least 3 months, it should be a just a matter of minor bugs by now, isn't it?

Anyway, thanks for your work :)
I apologize but I have to agree as well. I've been waiting but keep reading about it being put off. Like he said, if you keep trying to make it perfect it will never be released.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs

User avatar
michaelo
Registered User
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:49 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Name: Michael O'Toole
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by michaelo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:02 pm

All style will be ported...
I will release it... fairly soon...
Mike
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

User avatar
dslegends
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 12:11 am
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by dslegends » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:06 am

can u use this portal on any theme that you want ???

xenador
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:27 am

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by xenador » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:02 am

dslegends wrote:can u use this portal on any theme that you want ???
short answer yes,

long answer... the portal itself will need the style ported, because each .php on the site has a cooresponding .html file (or at least from what I understand...there may be a few exceptions). This portal is no different. Having said this, mike has produced a nifty tool that establishes a "standard" prosilver and subsilver style and any style that doesnt have the html files installed for the style you are using will look for this when it fails to find the corresponding .html for the installed style. some files and attributes are specific to certain styles, so this mod of mikes allows your portal to run and most times display correctly, but it is a good idea to request a port of the style you want at n2gra's site. (he builds the 0.3.1 ports and is porting those styles for 0.4.0)

also I believe limited RC1 testing on a broader scale has been opened for 0.4.0, I think the rules for the request are posted here and then it is probably up to the team at phpbbireland (stargate portal team) as to whether you actually are allowed to use the code at this time...duno for sure. to post the request they made this forum

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by Mitch1063 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:19 am

Cheater912 wrote:Is Stargate compatible with the style "Protoype"?
(http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... =31&t=5736)

I'm new to phpBB, just moved from SMF :?
EDIT: Should I use 0.4.0b or 0.3.1?
Prototype has just been ported to Stargate 4.0

If anyone wants a Stargate Portal 3.1 port I will do it as time permits until 4.0 is released.
Make your requests on stargatestyles.com in the requests directory. All style requests need the permission from the author to port there style.

User avatar
michaelo
Registered User
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:49 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Name: Michael O'Toole
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by michaelo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:53 pm

In relation to people claiming I copied software I will endeavour to post public references to prove Stargate/Kiss Portal was indeed started years before any other phpBB3 portal... If you can obtain a copy of the first release of the XL portal and compare the code to the Canver Portal you will see they are identical. The xl portal initially used the Canver Portal with Angleside's permission, which he later withdrew when they removed his copyright... Then find a copy of any later release and compare it to the Stargate/Kiss Portal code and you will see my code with the copyright removed... Later versions hide it a little better...

I will not enter into public discussion... this post servers to put and end to fictitious claims... I would ask the moderators to keep an eye on this thread and remove any unlawful post...
Mike
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

Helter Skelter
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:22 am
Location: integramod.com
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by Helter Skelter » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:03 pm

even Cor Bosman's (DaMysterious) response was copied from a page I made some time ago in response to requests for XL themes.
http://www.forumimages.co.uk/forum/web. ... e=PortalXL

OOC92
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by OOC92 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:24 am

I am using epoch, a version of Prosilver, will that work with Stargate (drool) 4?
Image

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by Mitch1063 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:19 am

If it is based on Prosilver there should be no problem

User avatar
Melvine
Registered User
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:09 am
Location: France

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 0.4.0b

Post by Melvine » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 am

Hello
Where is the link to download the subsilver2 style, without changing all my files on which I have already changes
Please make a file for modifications of subsilver like prosilver
thank you

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”