[Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Mitch1063 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:51 pm

I suggested to compare the files, There is no bug on my system with the theme.
If you think there is a problem with stargate portal post a problem on the dev site.

User avatar
Praetorian Guard
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Praetorian Guard » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Mitch1063 wrote:I suggested to compare the files, There is no bug on my system with the theme.
If you think there is a problem with stargate portal post a problem on the dev site.

Thanks again. Can you specify WHICH files I need to compare? Which files render the heading in question? I was hoping you could help narrow it down for me, other wise going through all the template files will take FOREVER. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Mitch1063 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Praetorian Guard wrote:
Mitch1063 wrote:I suggested to compare the files, There is no bug on my system with the theme.
If you think there is a problem with stargate portal post a problem on the dev site.

Thanks again. Can you specify WHICH files I need to compare? Which files render the heading in question? I was hoping you could help narrow it down for me, other wise going through all the template files will take FOREVER. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!
Compare all you phpbb forum and style files to rule out everything

User avatar
Praetorian Guard
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Praetorian Guard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:15 am

Mitch1063 wrote:
Praetorian Guard wrote:
Mitch1063 wrote:I suggested to compare the files, There is no bug on my system with the theme.
If you think there is a problem with stargate portal post a problem on the dev site.

Thanks again. Can you specify WHICH files I need to compare? Which files render the heading in question? I was hoping you could help narrow it down for me, other wise going through all the template files will take FOREVER. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!
Compare all you phpbb forum and style files to rule out everything

Template ONLY files?? Even still, that is a lot of comparisons to do!!!! Do you have a quick method of doing this??? This would take days, or longer.... thanks again! Do you have any clue on WHERE to look? Surely, that specific code should be somewhere, and linked to only a few other files/html pages, correct???? Thanks!!

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Mitch1063 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 am

It was a suggestion because your saying your template has bugs. I have the same template(style) and do not have that problem. You also were saying you had other problems in another thread, so the best thing to do is rule out your edits. I use winmerge to compare a fresh install of phpBB and stargate portal on all forums I work on.

If you would like me to look at your files zip up the directory and I will compare them

User avatar
Praetorian Guard
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Praetorian Guard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:40 am

Ok, I will start working on that issue. I have another issue. Please look at this link for the phantom boxes in ACP. I have narrowed it down to this code in the ACP >Edit Forum. This is the edits for the stargate portal (Kiss portal 3.07 -202) - HELP!!!!

From what I can tell this part of the code is generating the text boxes:

Code: Select all

<input id="namex" type="text"><input id="pw" type="password">
Here is the link with a picture of the phantom boxes. How do I fix this??? Thanks!

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2110838

adm/style/acp_forums.html

Code: Select all

	<!-- Start: Edit #2 -->
	<div style="position:absolute; top:0; right:0; width:0px;"><input id="namex" type="text"><input id="pw" type="password"></div>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="forum_images">{L_AVAILABLE_FORUM_IMAGE}:</label><br /><span>{L_AVAILABLE_FORUM_IMAGE_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>

		<div style="display:" id="show">
			<div class="k_show_images_yes-icon">
				&nbsp;<a href="#" onclick="ShowHide('side'); ShowHide('hide'); ShowHide('show'); return(false);"><span>{L_SHOW_FORUM_IMAGES}</span></a>
			</div>
		</div>
		<div style="display:none" id="hide">
			<div class="k_show_images_no-icon">
				&nbsp;<a href="#" onclick="ShowHide('side'); ShowHide('show'); ShowHide('hide'); return(false);"><span>{L_SHOW_FORUM_IMAGES}</span></a>
			</div>
		</div>
		<div align="left" style="display: none;" id="side">
			<span class="imageline"><br /><br /><br />
			<!-- BEGIN forum_img_file_name -->
				<!-- IF forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT -->
					<!--<img src='{FORUM_IMAGE_SRC_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}' title="{FORUM_IMAGE_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}">-->
					<a href="#" onclick="set_image('{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}', true, true); return false;"><img src='{FORUM_IMAGE_SRC_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}' title="{FORUM_IMAGE_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}"></a>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- END forum_img_file_name -->
			<br /><br /><br />
			</span>
		</div>
	</dl>
	<!-- END: Edit #2 -->

User avatar
Praetorian Guard
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Praetorian Guard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:06 am

Ok, after looking at stargatstyles forum I think I know why (bug?) it is showing the first forum name in the header even when subforums are present. Its picking up the FIRST subforum as the name for the overall forum header. I don't recall prosilver doing this. If you look at this forum in subsilver it basically says "General" with subforums below it, and it is not picking up the FIRST sub forum as the header name:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/index.php

Image


Is this a bug? Look at your link:

http://www.stargatestyles.com/viewforum ... yle=70&f=3


Image

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Mitch1063 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:18 am

Look in ucp_Register.html and compare it with a original. I beleave Mike added a line of code to fix a firefox issue where it would put the password in the box without typing it in.
I had the same issue in a another style and had to take it out.

Let me see if I could find the line of code
Nope gone
Compare it with an original phpBB version or anoth style of the same type should be the same.
Praetorian Guard wrote:Ok, I will start working on that issue. I have another issue. Please look at this link for the phantom boxes in ACP. I have narrowed it down to this code in the ACP >Edit Forum. This is the edits for the stargate portal (Kiss portal 3.07 -202) - HELP!!!!

From what I can tell this part of the code is generating the text boxes:

Code: Select all

<input id="namex" type="text"><input id="pw" type="password">
Here is the link with a picture of the phantom boxes. How do I fix this??? Thanks!

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2110838

adm/style/acp_forums.html

Code: Select all

	<!-- Start: Edit #2 -->
	<div style="position:absolute; top:0; right:0; width:0px;"><input id="namex" type="text"><input id="pw" type="password"></div>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="forum_images">{L_AVAILABLE_FORUM_IMAGE}:</label><br /><span>{L_AVAILABLE_FORUM_IMAGE_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>

		<div style="display:" id="show">
			<div class="k_show_images_yes-icon">
				&nbsp;<a href="#" onclick="ShowHide('side'); ShowHide('hide'); ShowHide('show'); return(false);"><span>{L_SHOW_FORUM_IMAGES}</span></a>
			</div>
		</div>
		<div style="display:none" id="hide">
			<div class="k_show_images_no-icon">
				&nbsp;<a href="#" onclick="ShowHide('side'); ShowHide('show'); ShowHide('hide'); return(false);"><span>{L_SHOW_FORUM_IMAGES}</span></a>
			</div>
		</div>
		<div align="left" style="display: none;" id="side">
			<span class="imageline"><br /><br /><br />
			<!-- BEGIN forum_img_file_name -->
				<!-- IF forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT -->
					<!--<img src='{FORUM_IMAGE_SRC_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}' title="{FORUM_IMAGE_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}">-->
					<a href="#" onclick="set_image('{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}', true, true); return false;"><img src='{FORUM_IMAGE_SRC_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}' title="{FORUM_IMAGE_PATH}{forum_img_file_name.FORUM_IMAGE_OPT}"></a>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- END forum_img_file_name -->
			<br /><br /><br />
			</span>
		</div>
	</dl>
	<!-- END: Edit #2 -->
Last edited by Mitch1063 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Mitch1063 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:21 am

I named them the same
if you check the next one is Stargate Styles Forum - Style Support is the first forum in it.
Praetorian Guard wrote:Ok, after looking at stargatstyles forum I think I know why (bug?) it is showing the first forum name in the header even when subforums are present. Its picking up the FIRST subforum as the name for the overall forum header. I don't recall prosilver doing this. If you look at this forum in subsilver it basically says "General" with subforums below it, and it is not picking up the FIRST sub forum as the header name:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/index.php

Image


Is this a bug? Look at your link:

http://www.stargatestyles.com/viewforum ... yle=70&f=3


Image

User avatar
Praetorian Guard
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Praetorian Guard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Mitch1063 wrote:I named them the same
if you check the next one is Stargate Styles Forum - Style Support is the first forum in it.
Praetorian Guard wrote:Ok, after looking at stargatstyles forum I think I know why (bug?) it is showing the first forum name in the header even when subforums are present. Its picking up the FIRST subforum as the name for the overall forum header. I don't recall prosilver doing this. If you look at this forum in subsilver it basically says "General" with subforums below it, and it is not picking up the FIRST sub forum as the header name:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/index.php

Image


Is this a bug? Look at your link:

http://www.stargatestyles.com/viewforum ... yle=70&f=3


Image

How is your structure?

Category
..Category
....Forum

or

Category
..Forum
...Sub forum

or something different??? Thanks!

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Mitch1063 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Category - General Talk
..Forum - General Talk
..Forum - Style porting Requests

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Prosk8er » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:13 pm


User avatar
Praetorian Guard
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Praetorian Guard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:14 pm


Thanks!! I will fix this tonight. Do you know about the other "bug" I am encountering with the forum box header taking the FIRST name of the subforum as the overall name??? Thanks again!

Image

Image

User avatar
Mitch1063
Registered User
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by Mitch1063 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:49 am

What is the name of the section the forum is in and what forums are under it.

User avatar
michaelo
Registered User
Posts: 1292
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:49 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Name: Michael O'Toole
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Stargate Portal 1.0.0

Post by michaelo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Just a couple of notes...
It work real nice if all forums are in categories and of course the category name should not be the same as a forum name... If on the other hand you have forums that are not in a category it will look different... see image... Image
For big picture see: http://www.stargate-portal.com/forum/vi ... 9244#p9244

I will check to see if using forums only (i.e. no categories) cause the problem...
I would also prefer it if forums were in their own wrapper... be back soon...
Alternative layout image at link...
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”