MOD Description: This mod allows the administrator to create a group forum permission so that they can post topics and only view and reply to their own topics. Forum moderators will be able to view all threads by default. Only groups with the permission set will be affected by the "Self Auth" permission.
In essence, it allows for the creation of "private" forums that can be used for support requests or any kind of topic that sensitive information may be shared between the forum staff and the topic poster.
MOD Version: 1.0.2
- ACP Entry
- Group permission settable
- Post & Topic counts reflect forum view status
- Non-Moderators are only able to view and reply to their own topics.
- Forum moderators are able to view all threads and reply to them
- Modx Supported
- 2007-06-11 - Version 0.1.0
- First Release
- 2007-06-13 - Version 0.1.1
- Fixed a couple of typos in the installation instructions.
- 2007-06-13 - Version 0.1.2
- Fixed an issue tabulating the total topics & total posts of when sub-forums are involved.
- 2007-06-28 - Version 1.0.0
- Moved into Release Candidate Stage 1.
- 2007-07-02 - Version 1.0.1
- Updated install instructions to be more understandable.
- 2007-12-13 - Version 1.0.2
- Updated modification to install on phpBB 3.0 Gold.
- Fixed Ego Search, thanks to grabillerfor pointing it out.
Author Comments: To be honest, I was a little surprised not to see this as a built-in feature already. Neils gave us such a great mod for phpBB2 that I couldn't let it go undone for phpBB3. Any comments, questions, concerns, or etc are more than welcome. Please let me know if you use this modification.
Edit - 2007/06/28 : I've moved the mod into RC1 status. I've got a few future planned features that may get added into the RC later this week, but for now it's stable and okay to install. I've been using it for about a month now on a few high traffic forums and everyone has seemed to be enjoying it quite a bit. As always, I've updated the install file to reflect the new mod status. There have been no code changes, so if you are running the 0.1.2 version, you will be fine. I've taken the liberty to offer zip, rar, and tarball packages for those of varied decompression access.