[BETA] bbDKP

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
SnipesVdH

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 + EQdkp integration

Post by SnipesVdH »

First: this is a really promising mod and I would love to see it prosper! Thanks ippeh!!!

After I did a test install (currently we are running phpbb+ but I will switch to phpbb3 as soon as it is available) I am confident, that this mod will be much appreciated by a lot of people. So far I have several suggestions:
  • at the moment only the admin can add members to the dkp. I suggest that -if it is possible- the phpbb-account is linked to members of the dkp just like in the "normal" eqdkp.
  • although the integration in phpbb is already there I am missing a link to the DKP in the navigation list. As far as I took a look in the code there is the possibility to add navlinks. It would be nice if the dkp could be reached from the main page.
  • how about replacing the standard phpbb frontpage with the news page from the dkp? This would be even more integration.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

SnipesVdH wrote:First: this is a really promising mod and I would love to see it prosper! Thanks ippeh!!!

After I did a test install (currently we are running phpbb+ but I will switch to phpbb3 as soon as it is available) I am confident, that this mod will be much appreciated by a lot of people. So far I have several suggestions:
  • at the moment only the admin can add members to the dkp. I suggest that -if it is possible- the phpbb-account is linked to members of the dkp just like in the "normal" eqdkp.
  • although the integration in phpbb is already there I am missing a link to the DKP in the navigation list. As far as I took a look in the code there is the possibility to add navlinks. It would be nice if the dkp could be reached from the main page.
  • how about replacing the standard phpbb frontpage with the news page from the dkp? This would be even more integration.
  • I don't have any solutions for this one
  • To make sure you have the DKP tab go to the System tab then the Admistration control panel. You should see it listed there. If not you need to add it following the instructions in the read me file.
  • To do this you just need to update your .htaccess and set the default page order to viewnews.php and then index.php.
SnipesVdH

Post by SnipesVdH »

No, you misunderstood me a little bit. I don't miss the DKP link in the admin panel. It is there and everything is working just fine. What I suggest is instead adding a second "box" when you call http://yourphpbbinstall/listmembers.php with all the links add an array to the variable navlink I found in the overall_header.html template file:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks -->
I suggest adding a second navlink after this line which calls e.g. the news page of the DKP. Could be done like this (but I am not sure which side effects can occur):

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a> | <a href="http://yourphpbbinstall/viewnews.php">DKP</a><!-- END navlinks -->
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Ok I see what you're talking about. All i did for this was to create a URL link on the board leading to the news page.
Worff

Post by Worff »

Really smooth installing mod and very clean and pro look. Well done! :)

One thing tho... where is the everquest stuff? Even installed levels and classes seem to be all WoW. I see a way in ACP to change default game to EQ2, but not EQ ????? EQ has a much larger community than EQ2 does. Maybe I missed something, or is putting the EQ back in EQdkp coming later?
ippeh

Post by ippeh »

Worff wrote:Really smooth installing mod and very clean and pro look. Well done! :)

One thing tho... where is the everquest stuff? Even installed levels and classes seem to be all WoW. I see a way in ACP to change default game to EQ2, but not EQ ????? EQ has a much larger community than EQ2 does. Maybe I missed something, or is putting the EQ back in EQdkp coming later?
Next version have installer, when select game it will install selected game data and mods. EQ & EQ2 will be on that installer.
Worff

Post by Worff »

ippeh wrote:Next version have installer, when select game it will install selected game data and mods. EQ & EQ2 will be on that installer.
Fantastic, thanks :) Works pretty smooth so far. I have a test server with new phpbb3 RC4, installed this mod and manually converted/imported data-only from old eqdkp 1.3.2f sql table backups (not all tables needed import).. took a while and some creative solutions but was successful and accurate. Great work dude.
Cloud's Soul

Post by Cloud's Soul »

New version almost complete? :)
trevex

Post by trevex »

Will there be Raidplanner in the Release?
ippeh

Post by ippeh »

Cloud's Soul wrote:New version almost complete? :)
- Installer is almost done. (eq, eq2, Lotro, WoW, DAoC and Vanguard-SoH)
- Itemstats for lotro done. (lots of bugs i think) :oops:
- Bossprogress for lotro soon done.
- Index page: Recruit block + ACP in develop.
trevex wrote:Will there be Raidplanner in the Release?
I think not, becoss first need somekind calendar mod for phpbb3..
Redav

Post by Redav »

Okay, liking how cleanly this integrates your DKP into your website, got a few questions for you.
  • Are you tracking all loot by hand or does this sync using an in game mod like CT_RaidTracker?
  • What database are you pulling your info from? Thottbot? wow.Allakhazam? Wowhead?
  • Is the Boss Tracker section automatically generated from information found in the DKP table?
  • Is Attendance % based on attended vs total, or attended vs total from first time seen? IE, if I get a new member and he makes his first 3 raids, is he at 100% or at some fraction of the total raids ever run by the guild. If its based against all raids, how difficult would it be to support an attendance based on their entering the guild?
ippeh

Post by ippeh »

Redav wrote:Are you tracking all loot by hand or does this sync using an in game mod like CT_RaidTracker?
I'll think people add loots by hands, becoss el site don't have CT_RaidTracker mod. :D
Redav wrote:What database are you pulling your info from? Thottbot? wow.Allakhazam? Wowhead?
Allakhazam
Redav wrote:Is the Boss Tracker section automatically generated from information found in the DKP table?
Yes it's automatic.
Redav wrote:Is Attendance % based on attended vs total, or attended vs total from first time seen? IE, if I get a new member and he makes his first 3 raids, is he at 100% or at some fraction of the total raids ever run by the guild. If its based against all raids, how difficult would it be to support an attendance based on their entering the guild?
Life is, so i can't answer anything for this.. You need ask it guild leaders.
phoenx97

Post by phoenx97 »

awesome mod, been using it for awhile now and it's working great; doing everything from one admin interface beats multiple. looking forward to the new version; i just hope updating it won't be painful :lol:

url is at http://www.notoriousguild.org
luxus

Post by luxus »

any plans when for release date? i just have to install eqdkp in the next days... perhaps the next release will come this week and i can wait :D
G_Hosa_Phat

Post by G_Hosa_Phat »

I love this implementation. I'm using it on my WoW guild site and think the integration is virtually seamless. I'm thinking of making some additional tweaks for my own site, but the system is great.

One thing I'm really waiting for is a calendar function. What I'd really like to see is an integration with the GroupCalendar PHP script that allows administrators to use an in-game calendar mod to upload attendance and scheduling data to the web site. It even has a phpBB authentication option.

I'm trying to implement this calendar on my site now. The only problem I have is that the phpBB authentication is for phpBB 2.0.x, and I'm using 3.0 on my site. I'd really like to see this one integrated and put together as a sort of "raid package" for phpBB.

I was wondering if you've seen this particular calendar system, and if you may have communicated with the developer about possibly working together. This integration would be ideal, simply because of the in-game mod that can be used with it. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it. Thanks for the awesome integration, and keep up the wonderful work. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”