[MODDB] Karma MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
grover66

Re: [BETA] Karma MOD

Post by grover66 »

^ have a look at some earlier posts, page 29 I think.
quads

Post by quads »

quads wrote:Well, three hours later trying to get this working, after doing each of the search / replace as stated in the karmaMOD.xml I'm getting the following error when I go to the forum main page:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /www/phpBB3/includes/functions_karma.php on line 623
I don't know if I've missed a step, or what.
I've triple checked each of my file edits, and can't find anything.

Any insight would be truly appreciated.

Regards-
~Q
Well, after following the edits that were back on page 29, I was able to go to the install scrip in /install_karma.
That completed, however when it bounced me back to the front page, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function toplist() on a non-object in /www/phpBB3/index.php on line 127
So I don't know if that is progress or not.
Still stuck on the issue though. :-(
advchristian

Post by advchristian »

Thanks for this mod.
I think I have done something wrong but do not know what. I have thh mod installed and it works for the most part. My issue is karma count is not showing for some users in the view topic page while it dose for others. It shows fine in the profile for all users but only the word karma shows in view topic for some and it is not linked to giving karma. I have tested it under both my admin account and my test acount to see if it was a log in issue and it happens under both. I just installed it last night so the members have not disabled karma yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. System shows no errors.
PCGUY112887

Post by PCGUY112887 »

Updates?
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

How would I go about making a block on my portal with the top karma users?
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
sixtvs

Post by sixtvs »

I have a question about the install please? Do I have to create new folders in the public_html of my forum; or load the files into those folders already in there? I do not know if I am correct but http://www.mydomain.com/public_html is the root? The install_karma folder is pf particular interest to me. Where should I place that folder? Do I delete that folder after install?

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance. I would really like to have this mod
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!
Surf007

Post by Surf007 »

Thanks to the developer for the mod. Its working gr8 on my phpBB 3.0.0

N thanks to ***Blaze*** as well for making that small edits on the files to make it work.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

sixtvs wrote:I have a question about the install please? Do I have to create new folders in the public_html of my forum; or load the files into those folders already in there? I do not know if I am correct but http://www.mydomain.com/public_html is the root? The install_karma folder is pf particular interest to me. Where should I place that folder? Do I delete that folder after install?

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance. I would really like to have this mod
It goes within the phpBB root directory, the one that contains adm/, includes/ and viewtopic.php, not directly in public_html.
How would I go about making a block on my portal with the top karma users?
It would be essentially the same code as what you see in /includes/functions_karma.php in the toplist() function...obviously modified to fit your portal's paradigm
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
advchristian

Post by advchristian »

advchristian wrote:Thanks for this mod.
I think I have done something wrong but do not know what. I have thh mod installed and it works for the most part. My issue is karma count is not showing for some users in the view topic page while it dose for others. It shows fine in the profile for all users but only the word karma shows in view topic for some and it is not linked to giving karma. I have tested it under both my admin account and my test acount to see if it was a log in issue and it happens under both. I just installed it last night so the members have not disabled karma yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. System shows no errors.
Dose anyone know why this is happening? It is not frien/Foe related as they are not set as this for either my admin or test account. :?:
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

They disabled karma?

Formerly Drugs
advchristian

Post by advchristian »

No it has been doing this since installation. I have checked under both the admin and the test user account and it simply dose not show in the view topic for them, (only shows word, no #) but it dose show in user profile page.
sixtvs

Post by sixtvs »

Hello everyone,
I installed the Karma mod but the profile column went to the right and there is nothing on the member's profiles that shows anything about a karma up/down, image. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

Did you refresh imageset?

Formerly Drugs
sixtvs

Post by sixtvs »

Drugs wrote:Did you refresh imageset?
I sure did . . . and purged the cache too, and checking it all over for the 4th time.
sixtvs

Post by sixtvs »

I am not sure, but I have a gut feeling one of these below, if not all, could have been the reason? Can anyone please double check my codes? Thank you.

On session.php:

redirect(append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=profile&mode=reg_details'));
			}
		}

// [+] Karma MOD
              if (!class_exists('karmamod'))
                        {
              require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_karma.' . $phpEx);
               }
              global $karmamod;
              $karmamod = new karmamod();
              // [-] Karma MOD

return;
	}

/**
	* Add Language Items - use_db and use_help are assigned where needed (only use them to force inclusion)
Where it says return, is that supposed to be there?

on viewtopic_body.html:

<dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- END custom_fields -->

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->

<!-- [+] Karma MOD -->
<!-- IF postrow.S_KARMA_ENABLED -->
<dd><!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS --><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS}"><!-- ENDIF --><strong>{L_KARMA}:</strong> {postrow.KARMA}</dd><!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS --></a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE || postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE -->
<dd>
<span class="karma-icons">
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE --><span class="karma-increase-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_INCREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_INCREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE --><span class="karma-decrease-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_DECREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_DECREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
</span>
</dd>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- [-] Karma MOD -->

<!-- IF postrow.U_PM or postrow.U_EMAIL or postrow.U_WWW or postrow.U_MSN or postrow.U_ICQ or postrow.U_YIM or postrow.U_AIM -->
The part that says "IF not S_IS_BOT ," is that in its proper place?

On search.php:

/ Define some vars
$limit_days		= array(0 => $user->lang['ALL_RESULTS'], 1 => $user->lang['1_DAY'], 7 => $user->lang['7_DAYS'], 14 => $user->lang['2_WEEKS'], 30 => $user->lang['1_MONTH'], 90 => $user->lang['3_MONTHS'], 180 => $user->lang['6_MONTHS'], 365 => $user->lang['1_YEAR']);
$sort_by_text	= array('a' => $user->lang['SORT_AUTHOR'], 't' =>
// [+] Karma MOD
$karmamod->search_dropdown($sort_by_text);
// [-] Karma MOD
$user->lang['SORT_TIME'], 'f' => $user->lang['SORT_FORUM'], 'i' => $user->lang['SORT_TOPIC_TITLE'], 's' => $user->lang['SORT_POST_SUBJECT']);

$s_limit_days = $s_sort_key = $s_sort_dir = $u_sort_param = '';
gen_sort_selects($limit_days, $sort_by_text, $sort_days, $sort_key, $sort_dir, $s_limit_days, $s_sort_key, $s_sort_dir, $u_sort_param);

if ($keywords || $author || $author_id || $search_id || $submit)
as well as:

egosearch') ? 'topics' : 'posts');
		$show_results = ($show_results == 'posts') ? 'posts' : 'topics';
	}

// define some variables needed for retrieving post_id/topic_id information
	$sort_by_sql = array('a' => 'u.username_clean', 't' 
// [+] Karma MOD
$karmamod->search_order_sql($sort_by_sql);
// [-] Karma MOD
=> (($show_results == 'posts') ? 'p.post_time' : 't.topic_last_post_time'), 'f' => 'f.forum_id', 'i' => 't.topic_title', 's' => (($show_results == 'posts') ? 'p.post_subject' : 't.topic_title'));

// pre-made searches
	$sql = $field = $l_search_title = '';
	if ($search_id)
	{
Are they correct? Again, thank you for the assistance.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”