[MODDB] Karma MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
iSimonty

Re: [RC] Karma MOD

Post by iSimonty » Fri May 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi,

I am currently editing the necessary files and when I came to "includes/acp/acp_modules.php" there is more than one :

Code: Select all

else
		{
I am supposed to add something after that but there is more than one.

I am using phpbb 3.0.3 but if need be/is possible then I will edit "includes/acp/acp_modules.php" with the necessary downgrade.

hww

Post by hww » Fri May 22, 2009 1:22 pm

iSimonty wrote:Hi,

I am currently editing the necessary files and when I came to "includes/acp/acp_modules.php" there is more than one :

else
		{
I am supposed to add something after that but there is more than one.

I am using phpbb 3.0.3 but if need be/is possible then I will edit "includes/acp/acp_modules.php" with the necessary downgrade.
If that's the first edit for acp_modules.php, then you add it after the first instance of the find code on the page.

If it's a subsequent edit, you add it after the first instance of the find code following the last edit.
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

iSimonty

Post by iSimonty » Fri May 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Yeah it's the second edit in that file and it follows a different edit.

So would it be the first of these edits immediately after the last edit (even thought it was different).

Thanks in advance much obliged.

hww

Post by hww » Fri May 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Yes, that's correct (it's standard practice across all MODX mods).

iSimonty

Post by iSimonty » Fri May 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Well thanks again!
I'll remember that :)

iSimonty

Post by iSimonty » Fri May 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Sorry for the double post but I didn't think anyone would read if I edited.

I ran into another problem. I am editing "includes/acp/acp_users.php" and I have to find:

'notify'	=> request_var('notify', $user_row['user_notify']),
				);
But it doesn't seem to be there. Do I have to get that file from a previous Phpbb version?

Any help is much appreciated.

hww

Post by hww » Fri May 22, 2009 2:39 pm

iSimonty wrote:Sorry for the double post but I didn't think anyone would read if I edited.

I ran into another problem. I am editing "includes/acp/acp_users.php" and I have to find:

'notify'	=> request_var('notify', $user_row['user_notify']),
				);
But it doesn't seem to be there. Do I have to get that file from a previous Phpbb version?

Any help is much appreciated.
Just a guess (I haven't installed the MOD yet), but that code probably changed between 3.0.3 and 3.0.4. You could find that code's precursor by comparing the two versions (3.0.3 and 3.0.4) of acp_users.php.

But it's probably safest to wait for the MOD author :)

Is there a reason you haven't upgraded to 3.0.4?

iSimonty

Post by iSimonty » Fri May 22, 2009 2:46 pm

I feel so stupid. I assumed that this was another mod that was made even before 3.0.3 and hadnt been updated. Thanks you're a big help. If I need anything again I'll be sure to post.
What a great community ;)

iSimonty

Post by iSimonty » Fri May 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi I just finished the file editing and was almost finished the install when the "creating database tables" threw up this general error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_karma' already exists [1050]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_karma ( karma_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, forum_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, topic_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, post_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, user_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, poster_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, icon_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, poster_ip varchar(40) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL , karma_time int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, karma_approved tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, enable_bbcode tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, enable_smilies tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, enable_magic_url tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, comment_text mediumtext NOT NULL, comment_checksum varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, karma_action varchar(1) DEFAULT '+' NOT NULL, karma_power mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (karma_id), UNIQUE KEY forum_topic_post_user_poster_id (forum_id, topic_id, post_id, user_id, poster_id) ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install_karma/install_install.php
LINE: 466
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 86
CALL: install_install->load_schema()

FILE: install_karma/index.php
LINE: 207
CALL: install_install->main()

LINE: 83
CALL: module->load()

sixtvs

Post by sixtvs » Sat May 23, 2009 3:38 am

iSimonty wrote:Hi I just finished the file editing and was almost finished the install when the "creating database tables" threw up this general error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_karma' already exists [1050]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_karma ( karma_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, forum_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, topic_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, post_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, user_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, poster_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, icon_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, poster_ip varchar(40) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL , karma_time int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, karma_approved tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, enable_bbcode tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, enable_smilies tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, enable_magic_url tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, comment_text mediumtext NOT NULL, comment_checksum varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, karma_action varchar(1) DEFAULT '+' NOT NULL, karma_power mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (karma_id), UNIQUE KEY forum_topic_post_user_poster_id (forum_id, topic_id, post_id, user_id, poster_id) ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 466
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 86
CALL: install_install->load_schema()

LINE: 207
CALL: install_install->main()

LINE: 83
CALL: module->load()

That means that the tables on the SQL has already been made and that the installation process cannot continue.
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!

boxy

Post by boxy » Sat May 23, 2009 10:25 am

installed that fine mod without problems and it works like a charm, cheers for the good mod.

Just asked myself is it possible to display following:

Is it possible to show added Karma Comment to a recent post directly in the vietopic body, maybe at the bottom? and not just in the karmacomments page?

Dan27
I've Been Banned!

Post by Dan27 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:49 am

Hi Misty, When will this get into the MOD Database?

Because I really want to put this on but I don't want to risk my forum ;) Thanks :)
Dan - Registered user.
Click here to visit my forum.

superj707

Post by superj707 » Sat May 23, 2009 4:46 pm

any chance of addressing my concern a few pages page ? I still can't limit the amount of time people must wait until they karma and my karma statistics page is blank. I need help.

iSimonty

Post by iSimonty » Sat May 23, 2009 9:04 pm

So is there anyway to fix this?

Xtracker!

Post by Xtracker! » Sun May 24, 2009 12:39 am

Still need help...

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9597995

And how can I make everybody a default number of people that appear in Index with Karma?

Also any one know what happen to m157y?
TeenReply.com - Teen Support | Teen Advice | Teen Forums :D :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”