[MODDB] Karma MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Khamosh-Saya
Name: Jamshed Ansari

Re: [RC] Karma MOD

Post by Khamosh-Saya » Tue May 19, 2009 9:38 am

which file is for upgrade?
i m using 1.0.5

superj707

Post by superj707 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:44 am

ok by purging the cache I was able to get history to work in the acp but I still don't have statistics working from some reason it's just a blank page.

also I have it set so that only 1 karma per hour should be allowed but its not working. users can just karma like crazy as much as they want right now with out having to wait 1 hour between each. Any ideas why ? before I upgraded it used to prevent correctly frequent karma usage.

Gaxas

Post by Gaxas » Tue May 19, 2009 1:01 pm

superj707

Post by superj707 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:16 pm

oh wow. my site is just getting ripped apart with karma abuse right now. I hope someone helps soon. I really don't know what to do. karma on my site will be worthless soon.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Tue May 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Have u tryed different settings? 2 hrs, 4, etc...

Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:57 am

I keep gettin this and i dont know why

Code: Select all

Sorry, but you are not allowed to karma yet.
Also i still cannot see the increase and decrease karma images on profile view or topic view
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Wed May 20, 2009 2:10 am

I think it's reffering to the time limit you are allowed to make to the same user. maybe the message should be more spesific/clear.. something like "you must wait x hrs before you can karma this user agian" or something like that.. :)
Jaymie1989 wrote:I keep gettin this and i dont know why

Also i still cannot see the increase and decrease karma images on profile view or topic view

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:17 am

I tried to decrease the karma

What about the images?

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

sixtvs

Post by sixtvs » Wed May 20, 2009 2:27 am

I know that I have to change the language file at language/en/mods/karma.php and change it to something I would like other than "karma", however, almost all of them has the word karma. So the question is: do I change EVERYTHING that says karma or is it something specific?

By the way, Mi57y thank you for coming back and working again on this mod.
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!

sixtvs

Post by sixtvs » Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 am

Check your admin settings at the ACP. If you are the admin, you can set yourself up to unlimited karma powers, meaning you can give a karma point anytime and you do not need "X" amount of posts to give out karma.
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!

sixtvs

Post by sixtvs » Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 am

By the way, I have an idea, or maybe, a possibility. In the old karma of phpbb 2, there were two numbers: one for positive karma and another for negative karma. Is it possible to bring that back at all? The reason I ask is because, I want both positive and negative karmas to be on the light side.

superj707

Post by superj707 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:19 am

ARGH !!! this is the message I WANT !!! ... he has the exact opposite problem of me. I really need help.

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Wed May 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Can someone help me with this please?

Here is my problem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1007: Undefined index: karmaed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1007: Undefined index: karmaed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1510: Undefined index: karmaed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1510: Undefined index: post_karma
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1510: Undefined index: karmaed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1510: Undefined index: post_karma
Here is line 1007

$karmamod->viewtopic_rowset($rowset[$row['post_id']], $row['karmaed'], $row['post_karma'], $row['post_karma_powered']);
Line 1510

$karmamod->viewtopic_postrow($postrow, $user_cache[$poster_id], $poster_id, $forum_id, $topic_id, $row['post_id'], $row['karmaed'], $row['post_karma']);
I dont know whats wrong.
superj707 wrote:

ARGH !!! this is the message I WANT !!! ... he has the exact opposite problem of me. I really need help.
Iv solved this, The timing in the ACP for Karma was set to 1 hour and i didnt wait the hour

superj707

Post by superj707 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Jaymie1989 wrote:Can someone help me with this please?

Iv solved this, The timing in the ACP for Karma was set to 1 hour and i didnt wait the hour
soo now you have the same problem as me which is that you can just karma whenever you want without being forced to wait the specified time first ?????

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:49 pm

Well i couldnt decrease it or increase it because of the time, but when i changed the time to when i could karma to 0 i could do it

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”