[MODDB] Karma MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Sir Glen

Re: [RC] Karma MOD

Post by Sir Glen » Fri May 29, 2009 8:23 pm

@ Misty: Awesome, thanks!

@jmaraujo: I owe you big time for that coding help, one question from a total newb though: will this work on ProSilver? My theme is ProSilver based.

jmaraujo
Name: Juan

Post by jmaraujo » Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 am

Yes, it works on prosilver too, Sir Glen. ;)

Sir Glen

Post by Sir Glen » Sat May 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Ok, I've got two issues here now that I've started installing this mod. First, there is no "mods" directory under includes in 3.0.4. Am I supposed to add this, or is it a typo? Everything else fits if you ignore the mods, like includes/acp/info or includes/ucp/info etc. includes/mods/acp/info doesn't work because the "mods" directory just isn't there. Also, if I'm going to use this mod I'm going to have to change the displayed name in the users info-box (below the avatar) from Karma to something else. Why this didn't occur to me I don't know, but Karma is the name of an alliance that mine is at war with (this board is for a game alliance) and the name would be confusing and generally disliked for that reason. Hopefully somebody can help me out with the name-changing issue, and also let m know if the "mods" thing is important. Thanks in advance!

jmaraujo

Post by jmaraujo » Sat May 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Copy the files as they are. If you don't have a "Mods" folder, you ftp client will create one.

You can change the name from "karma" to "reputation", or whatever else you want, in the language file (karma.php).

Code: Select all

// [+] Global variables
	'KARMA'							=> 'Karma',
Change it to:

// [+] Global variables
	'KARMA'							=> '(New name here)',

Sir Glen

Post by Sir Glen » Sat May 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Once again; thanks. I owe you!

jmaraujo

Post by jmaraujo » Sat May 30, 2009 4:53 pm

You're welcome. And you don't. ;)

Xtracker!

Post by Xtracker! » Sat May 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Still having same problem, can any one help me?

Also how can I make the default number users see on index with Karma?
TeenReply.com - Teen Support | Teen Advice | Teen Forums :D :D

fasko

Post by fasko » Sat May 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Plees help my

Sorry for my english

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos » Sun May 31, 2009 1:22 am

Did anyone read my posts?

Sir Glen

Post by Sir Glen » Sun May 31, 2009 2:47 am

NM, I fixed the issue I was having. I need to stop panicking and posting these issues when I figure them out myself shortly later.

@jmaraujo: I am having one minor problem, my adding the <!-- If U_ACP --> tag made it so that non-admins don't see the karma points bolded the way Admins do, I assume I bracketed something I wasn't supposed to. The relevant code is below.

<!-- IF U_ACP -->	
                        <!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE || postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE -->
				<dd>
					<span class="karma-icons">
					<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE --><span class="karma-increase-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_INCREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_INCREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE --><span class="karma-decrease-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_DECREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_DECREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
					</span>
				</dd>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
                <!-- ENDIF -->
@Fasko: I looked over your error and I can't tell just from that what your error was. This is a very complicated mod, and obviously you made an error somewhere in one of he edits or something. All I can tell you is that you should completely uninstall the mod and reinstall it carefully, but somebody more skilled in the ways of modding may be able to give you slightly more useful advice ;).

@Misty: This is the most complex and thorough mod I've ever installed, it's awesome. I love your extensive use of lang vars; when I made my earlier request for information on changing the term "Karma" to something else I assumed less extensive use of lang vars, but with the karma.php file in the language/en/mods section it was extremely easy to change all the references to karma to "reputation". While reading through the lang vars I noticed some minor gramatical issues probably just a result of your not being a native english speaker. Here are a couple examples:

You have: 'Here is possible to install or update Karma MOD onto your phpBB'
It would be better to say: 'Here it is possible to install or update the Karma Mod onto your phpBB installation'

There are a bunch of other similar grammar mistakes, and a handful of typos, but only one serious issue; in one place you say, 'Updation compatibility'. Updation is not a valid english word, or at least not one that makes sense (I think technically you can use it gramatically, since you can pretty much ad 'tion' to anything, but in that context it doesn't make sense). You use the word updation in a couple other places as well. I would fix it but I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, if you can explain it to me I'll fix it and include it in the edited version of the file.

Edit: I suspect all you mean is 'update compatibility' based on context in other places. In english the word 'update' can mean a variety of things depending on context, it can even be used as both a noun and a verb, your native languague must employ different words for these different meanings, hence the confusion.

In general your grasp of english is amazing; I'm terrible with foreign languagues. I'm conversant in French, but only after taking four yeas of it and spending a semester there.

As my way of saying "thank you" for this mod I have created an edited version which corrects those types and minor mistakes. It's not much, but it's something. If you'd like me to send it to you just PM me an email address or something. Thanks!

superj707

Post by superj707 » Sun May 31, 2009 5:11 am

im still having my problem if anyone would like to help.

ShawnTeo

Post by ShawnTeo » Sun May 31, 2009 9:11 am

Great mod, it's exactly what i want.
now, i have everything working, just one problem that really puts everything down.

for the karma buttons, both show the add karma icon (green plus sign) but one is for increasing karma, and the other for decreasing.

Help?

m157y

Post by m157y » Sun May 31, 2009 10:28 am

2 Lord Phobos
Possible, she doesn't have enough posts for karma?
About comments+karma power page, i'll look.
And, yep, i read your posts.
2 Xtracker!
As i say, i'll look it. I think it'll be tomorrow or 2 days later, because today, i'm moving to another apartments.
2 fasko
You're trying to install karma mod on db which already have karma mod sql-changes.
2 Sir Glen
I'll be glad, if you'll send me to pm fixed mistakes at language files :)
2 superj707
I don't see your error. Can you repeat it? :)
2 ShawnTeo
Can you post screenshots? :)
m157y aka Misty
NO SUPPORT VIA PM
KarmaMOD for phpBB 3.0.x | bbAJAX
Follow me on twitter

ShawnTeo

Post by ShawnTeo » Sun May 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Ah, its ok now. magic.

RahaFoorum

Post by RahaFoorum » Sun May 31, 2009 11:28 pm

Any way to automatically move users between groups depending on their karma?

Any reason why Karma statistics page doesn't show anything?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”