[BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
.:: Chico ::.

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by .:: Chico ::. »

Highway of Life wrote:Hmm... I’ll have to check those out.
on the `'~^ characters, what does it turn them into, or does it strip them?
For example: when i write: "DÚVIDA" ('doubt' in portuguese) and submit it, show me this: "D??VIDA" (happened too with ^, `. ¨, ~, etc)
Highway of Life wrote:Re: Permissions, this is a tough one, when I initially built the MOD, the users who I built it for wanted the options off by default... now perhaps I’ll add an option on the installation dialog to turn them on by default.
i understood. Maybe create a button that turn on and off all sub-options in global tags main page. Do you understand it :?:

Thank you,
.:: Chico ::.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

Yes thank you.
  1. This is an issue with the lack of UTF-8 support. -- It was a bug submitted previously and will be fixed for the next release.
  2. What makes this difficult is the fact that there are three permissions for topic tags.
    I can make it turn off or on globally for all forums, but the permissions still may need to be added manually... I’ll have to think about that one a bit.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.
Kleopatras_Sister

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

@Highway of Life

and about my questions ? the same ? i build in the mod but i use acid style and in it isnt the need file # posting_editor.html

so i done all other and moved on my ftp,installed like your install told me. But if i start a Topic i cant the any präfix

understand me ?

i activated the zone (that i want use präfix) activated moderator roll

coult you now maybe (please) help me that may try can be finsihed positiv :)

kind regards
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Kleopatras_Sister, I still don’t understand you.

I’m guessing you are trying to install the topic tags MOD on your Acid Style.
You’ll want to use the subSilver2 installation instructions supplied with the MOD.

Follow all of the installation instructions outlined in the install.xml (MODX) file, and then navigate to ACP > Styles > Templates > Acid :: Refresh

Then go to Permissions > Forum Roles, and click on the role that has the Registered Users assigned to it. Then click Yes on the radio buttons for "Can set topic tag" and "Can edit topic tags".
Do the same for the Moderator Roles as well.

Then go to ACP > Forums > Manage Forums > click on edit for the forum(s) you want to use the topic tags on, and set topic tags to Yes to activate it.

Now when you go to start a topic in that forum, edit a topic, or reply to a topic, if you have the assigned permissions, you will be able to set the topic tags.

Hopefully that helps. -- If you are still having problems, try to explain your problem as clearly as possible. -- If you are German, post a translation in German as well (English is always a must) and I’ll see if I can help.

Fernix

Post by Fernix »

High, i did what you said in the upper post, and i still can't make it work, the dropdown menu with the tags doesn't appear :(
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

There are four possible reasons:
  1. Permissions not set for the user trying to set the topic tag. (ACP > Permissions > See Permission roles)
  2. Topic tags not activated for that particular forum. (ACP > Forums > Manage Forums > Edit forum)
  3. Template not edited and uploaded. (make sure it is uploaded and on the server)
  4. Template cache not cleared. (ACP > Styles > Templates :: Prosilver :: refresh)

Kleopatras_Sister

Highway of Life wrote:Kleopatras_Sister, I still don’t understand you.

I’m guessing you are trying to install the topic tags MOD on your Acid Style.
You’ll want to use the subSilver2 installation instructions supplied with the MOD.

Follow all of the installation instructions outlined in the install.xml (MODX) file, and then navigate to ACP > Styles > Templates > Acid :: Refresh

Then go to Permissions > Forum Roles, and click on the role that has the Registered Users assigned to it. Then click Yes on the radio buttons for "Can set topic tag" and "Can edit topic tags".
Do the same for the Moderator Roles as well.

Then go to ACP > Forums > Manage Forums > click on edit for the forum(s) you want to use the topic tags on, and set topic tags to Yes to activate it.

Now when you go to start a topic in that forum, edit a topic, or reply to a topic, if you have the assigned permissions, you will be able to set the topic tags.

Hopefully that helps. -- If you are still having problems, try to explain your problem as clearly as possible. -- If you are German, post a translation in German as well (English is always a must) and I’ll see if I can help.
at first thank you very much :)
You clearly undestand right. I install this mod on acid style and did all what you was written in install and what you are say now (clear template style chache) But all dont work. I dont can choose a präfix (dont can see the line as in your picutures)

So it dont work on acid style ? i ask, because we left an file (as i said i dont can edit the one file that you explain in your install, because acid style dont have it)

i really want this great sound mods, in ACP i can chose it, see the register and other. But i cant see and choose a präfix in the zone (forum) that i activated :cry:

What you mean with German= do you want that i write in german to you ?

kind regards and many thanks for your Time ;)

EDIT

i mean this in your install, acid style dont have this file, maybe i have this Problem because of that ?

Kommentar

for posting page

Finden

Hinweis: Der zu findende Code kann auch nur ein Teil einer Zeile sein.
Code: Alles auswählen

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CONFIRM_CODE -->
Davor einfügen

Hinweis: Diese Zeile(n) werden in einer neuen Zeile vor den/der gerade gesuchten eingefügt.
Code: Alles auswählen

<!-- INCLUDE posting_topic_tags.html -->
gsgsd

Post by gsgsd »

This mod is very interesting... :mrgreen:

Do it exist a version for the RC4 because i have tried to install this mod for a RC3 but i can't do this instruction :

After making all file edits, Navigate to ACP > Purge Cache
Then ACP > System [tab] > Module Management: Administration Control Panel > Forums > Manage Forums > Add the \"Global Topic Tags\" Module (located under Forums -> Manage Forums in the drop-down menu).
Enable the Global Topic Tags Module.
Navigate to ACP > Forums > Global Topic Tags > Click 'yes' to Install
Because i don't find this:

Add the \"Global Topic Tags\"

!!!! :ugeek:
I'm french and i'm sorry for my bad level language in english but i try to improve me.

phpBB-fr=>phpBB.com
(No support without form with a forum link valid)
Kleopatras_Sister

have an new Information for you.

Today i open in topic the pulldown and i see the pefix :D
but why i cant choose one if i start a topic ?

and another thing.

Isnt it possible to show chossen Präfix in link "new posts/topics" ? because there you can only the normal Topic name, the prefix is only shown in the Zone himself (katogorie/ Forum)
Sylwia

Post by Sylwia »

Hi, I just downloaded this mode. Thanks, I needed something like this.

I have a few questions though:
1. I’d like the tags show after the topic title and in second line, where can I change it?
2. Can I force people to choose a tag?
3. Is it possible to have two or three categories of the tags? If I wanted to multiply them all (i.e. [request][solved]) it’d make a very long list. Actually, in my case, three different categories would give just 13 tags, while combined categories would make a list of at least 60.
4. Can tags be visible from category level? (I have topics listed under category as well as under forum).
5. Tags filtering would be great, so that to be able to find topics belonging only to a certain category.

Otherwise everything works great, although I admit that without reading all the posts with explanations about the places where permissions should be changed on this forum and yours I'd never make it work. It took me several hours. Well, I'm new to pHp. So a more detailed description in the mod's instructions would be very helpful. :)

Sylwia
Fernix

Post by Fernix »

Highway of Life wrote:There are four possible reasons:
  1. Permissions not set for the user trying to set the topic tag. (ACP > Permissions > See Permission roles)
  2. Topic tags not activated for that particular forum. (ACP > Forums > Manage Forums > Edit forum)
  3. Template not edited and uploaded. (make sure it is uploaded and on the server)
  4. Template cache not cleared. (ACP > Styles > Templates :: Prosilver :: refresh)
Thanks for the reply, but i checked all you said and prefixes still don't appear :evil: I think im gonna reinstall the mod to see if anything changes and the problem gets fixed.
Fexys

Post by Fexys »

Great MOD :shock:

This MOD run on phpBB RC4? :roll:
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Fexys wrote:Great MOD :shock:

This MOD run on phpBB RC4? :roll:
Yes, it was tested on RC4-dev not long before RC4 was released.

Kleopatras_Sister

Kleopatras_Sister wrote:have an new Information for you.

Today i open in topic the pulldown and i see the pefix :D
but why i cant choose one if i start a topic ?

and another thing.

Isnt it possible to show chossen Präfix in link "new posts/topics" ? because there you can only the normal Topic name, the prefix is only shown in the Zone himself (katogorie/ Forum)
2. There is no Option to delte the prefix :(

And my Problem is still there (see above)

regards
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

I've just installed this mod. It seems to be OK but there is a problem with the viewforum : tags only work with globaleannounce but not for announce, sticky or the posts...

I've purged my cache and my templates but the problem still exists...

Here is my viewforum.php :

:arrow: http://anonyme.archive-host.com/viewfor ... 23vsh7.rar

Here is the french lang file :

// Moderator Permissions
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'acl_f_set_topic_tag'			=> array('lang' => 'Peut mettre un tag à un nouveau topic', 'cat' => 'post'),
	'acl_f_edit_topic_tag'			=> array('lang'	=> 'Peut éditer le tag de son topic', 'cat' => 'post'),
	'acl_m_edit_topic_tags'			=> array('lang' => 'Peut gérer les tags des topics', 'cat' => 'topic_actions'),
));

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'ACP_GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS'			=> 'Global Topic Tags',
	'ACP_TOPIC_TAGS'				=> 'Tags',
	'ADD_GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS'			=> 'Ajouter des tags',
	'ADD_GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Ajouter un nouveau tag. Chaque tag doit être sur une ligne. Séparer chaque tag à l\'aide de la touche Entrée.',

'CONFIRM_SET_TOPIC_TAG'		=> 'Etes vous certain de vouloir appliquer le tag pour le topic sélectionné ?',
	'CONFIRM_SET_TOPICS_TAG'	=> 'Etes vous certain de vouloir appliquer le tag pour les topics sélectionnés ?',
	'CONFIRM_TOPIC_TAGS_DELETE'	=> 'Etes vous certain de vouloir effacer les tags sélectionnés ?',
	'CONFIRM_TOPIC_TAGS_INSTALL'=> 'Le mod Topic Tags a été détecté mais n\'est pas installé.<br />Cliquer <strong>Oui</strong>, en dessous pour l\'installer ou retirer les fichiers du forum.',
	'CONFIRM_TOPIC_TAGS_UPDATE'	=> 'Cliquer <strong>Oui</strong> pour mettre à jour le mod Topic Tags.',

'DISABLE_TOPIC_TAGS_MOD'	=> 'Cliquer ici pour désactiver totalement le mod Topic Tags',

'EDIT_GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS'	=> 'Editer les tags',
	'EDIT_TOPIC_TAG'			=> 'Editer le tag',

'FORUM_TOPIC_TAGS'			=> 'Activer les tags',
	'FORUM_TOPIC_TAGS_EXPLAIN'	=> '',

'GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS'			=> 'Global Topic Tags',
	'GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_ADDED'	=> 'Tags ajoutés',
	'GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_DELETED'	=> 'Tags supprimés',
	'GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Ajouter un tag, ou éditer un tag existant',
	'GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_UPDATED'	=> 'Tags mis à jour',

'NO_TAG'					=> 'Aucun tag',

'TAG_AS'					=> 'Tag %s',
	'TOPIC_TAG'					=> 'Tag',
	'TOPIC_TAGS'				=> 'Tags',
	'TOPIC_TAGS_MOD_DISABLED'	=> 'Le mod Topic Tags est actuellement désactivé. <a href="%s">Cliquer ici pour l\'activer.</a>',
	'TOPIC_TAG_SET_SUCCESS'		=> 'Tag aplliqué avec succès au topic',
	'TOPICS_TAG_SET_SUCCESS'	=> 'Tag aplliqué avec succès aux topics sélectionnés',
	'TOPIC_TAGS_INSTALLED'		=> 'Le mod Topic Tags version %s a été installé avec succès.',
	'TOPIC_TAGS_UPDATED'		=> 'Le mod Topic Tags version %s a été mis à jour avec succès.',
	'TOPIC_TAGS_UNINSTALLED'	=> 'Le mod Topic Tags a été désinstallé avec succès.<br />Vous pouvez maintenant retirer en toute sécurité les fichiers associés à ce mod.',

'LOG_GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_DELETED'	=> '<strong>Tags supprimés</strong><br />» %s',
	'LOG_GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_ADDED'	=> '<strong>Tags ajoutés</strong><br />» %s',
	'LOG_GLOBAL_TOPIC_TAGS_EDITED'	=> '<strong>Tags édités</strong><br />» %s',
	'LOG_SET_TOPIC_TAG'			=> '<strong>Appliquer tag</strong> à %1$s<br />»Topic : %2$s',
I learn English with phpbb.com :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”