Page 8 of 35

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:35 am
by Highway of Life
Yes, you have to manage forums for the forum you want the topic tags on, and turn the switch to “ON”. ;)

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:28 am
by Fernix
Oh, thank you very much, the mod is working perfectly now! ;)

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:59 pm
by Omarvelous
Any estimate on when u'll have the per-forum functionality built in?

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:45 pm
by .:: Chico ::.
great module.
it's gonna be very useful!

thank you

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:06 am
by Fernix
Oh, i just wanted to make a topic on my forum with this mod installed and i don't see anywhere a box or something that has the tags to choose from, i have to manually set each topic from the MCP so that they can have a tag, any idea of what's going on?

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:41 am
by Kleopatras_Sister
morning

i want try to install this great sounds mod, but i have an Problem. I only User the acid style and i dont have

# posting_editor.html

in it.

Can you Please make me files / install for it ?

and i read, you build a new One (new edition) so should i wait for it or can i build this and later you make an install only for updates?

Kind regards


EDIT
Highway of Life wrote:Patch/fix
does i need this or is it in your build include ? what does it make (i ask because my english isnt well and i dont understand maybe)

EDIT

i build in the fix (hope is good) and know i look at this Mod

1. Image
why is that ? is that normal that isnt something written on it ?
2.
i think its a bit coplex
A: Have to add on Zone if Präfix needed (this is ok)
B: now what i must do ? i want it fast, isnt there a option that i take a group and allow her to add, change präfix ? as i read on your suppport site, you have to do other and many things. Isnt there an easier way to make it in one wish (work)
C: as i say, i havent the file edit.. but i think i need it right ?
hope you give me some help :)

EDIT 2

i tried now A and set it for on Forum, Then i set Moderator-Rollen (Umfassender Moderator (all is possible moderator))on, then i set Gruppenspezifische Forenrechte (group forumright) to the same sone that i take on A to admin, at frst there was written Full Kontroll (funktionality) and i changed right manualy (both on)
but all this doent work (cache cleard) i cant create a topic with a präfix.

Why ? and isnt o better joice of manuay change, because no body nows after that change, which right the different groups have. But on normaly we can use
Berechtigungs-Rollen (role what you can do) and thats easier way, but there isnt any option for präfix on this catogory

hope you could understand my really bad explantation

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:37 am
by Highway of Life
I understood less than half of half of your post. :?

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:30 am
by .:: Chico ::.
Hi Highway of Life
i've tested in RC4 and worked beautifully. Everything all right, no bugs until now.

But i have a few suggestions:
- the MOD do not allow (i don't know how to say this in english): ´ ' ~ ^ , etc... , can you fix it :?:
- All permissions and Options are off after install, could this start turned on after installation :?: (i have to turn on one by one, and give permission for each forum one by one)

thank you very much

-------------------------------Edition-----------
First Bug:
- After deleted one or more TAGS, i'm not able to delete another anymore. Only after press "Cache: Run Now"

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:24 am
by Omarvelous
Omarvelous wrote:Any estimate on when u'll have the per-forum functionality built in?
Sooo highway.... lol. What do you say?

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:55 pm
by Highway of Life
.:: Chico ::. wrote:Hi Highway of Life
i've tested in RC4 and worked beautifully. Everything all right, no bugs until now.

But i have a few suggestions:
- the MOD do not allow (i don't know how to say this in english): ´ ' ~ ^ , etc... , can you fix it :?:
- All permissions and Options are off after install, could this start turned on after installation :?: (i have to turn on one by one, and give permission for each forum one by one)

thank you very much

-------------------------------Edition-----------
First Bug:
- After deleted one or more TAGS, i'm not able to delete another anymore. Only after press "Cache: Run Now"
Hmm... I’ll have to check those out.
on the `'~^ characters, what does it turn them into, or does it strip them?

Re: Permissions, this is a tough one, when I initially built the MOD, the users who I built it for wanted the options off by default... now perhaps I’ll add an option on the installation dialog to turn them on by default.

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:06 pm
by Kleopatras_Sister
Highway of Life wrote:I understood less than half of half of your post. :?
than its maybe possible to answer of that, what you are understand :roll:

sorry about my bad english, but i read it again, and its not so heavy to understand, please give a try on it :)

need your help :oops:

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:22 pm
by Omarvelous
Omarvelous wrote:
Omarvelous wrote:Any estimate on when u'll have the per-forum functionality built in?
Sooo highway.... lol. What do you say?
Highway...

I guess maybe I have to have a post with multiple lines to get your attention. Blew me off like 3x already! lol. What's up with that?

Is my english not good enough for you? It is my first language. I can however speak broken english for you, if that will get your attention. I'm just babbling to make this post longer then it need to be to hopefully in my attempts get your attention for a quick second so that you may answer my quick and simple, but not entirely important question. This question you ask is that of which I've quoted, but to assist you in your search i'll type it again below.

When can we expect to see this mod support forum specific tags?

Thanks! :ugeek: :mrgreen: :lol:

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:23 pm
by Highway of Life
If I didn’t answer you, its for one or more of three possible reasons.
  • I chose to not answer the question.
  • I don’t know what the answer would be. (i.e. when will x-project be released!!)
  • The question has already been answered.
The point is, I can’t give you an answer at this time, except to say that it will be in the next release, which I’ve already mentioned multiple times. ;)

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:31 pm
by Omarvelous
Highway of Life wrote:If I didn’t answer you, its for one or more of three possible reasons.
  • I chose to not answer the question.
  • I don’t know what the answer would be. (i.e. when will x-project be released!!)
  • The question has already been answered.
The point is, I can’t give you an answer at this time, except to say that it will be in the next release, which I’ve already mentioned multiple times. ;)
Thanks! I understand that you are doing this out of the open source spirit, and appreciate your contributions. I just wasn't sure if maybe you missed the question due to the other and more "important" questions.

I guess I can live with that. Looking forward to next release. Thank you.

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:20 pm
by Fernix
Fernix wrote:Oh, i just wanted to make a topic on my forum with this mod installed and i don't see anywhere a box or something that has the tags to choose from, i have to manually set each topic from the MCP so that they can have a tag, any idea of what's going on?
Any help please?