[BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Xabi

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Xabi »

Omarvelous wrote:How about they just place "For Sale: Item" in the title... and then [SOLD] when sold? ;).
So why a Topic Tag prefixes Mod? :D
joebanana

Post by joebanana »

This mod looks fantastic.

However, I'd like to have the template and instruction for subSilver please :D
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Also, go to ACP > Forums > Manage Forums :: Edit a forum, make sure "Topic Tags" is enabled. (they are disabled by default) ;)
Thanks. The mod works perfect.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

saaiberke wrote:Is it correct that you can't edit the tag?
As long as you have the permission: Can edit topic tag set to Yes for that forum. -- This is a Forum specific permission.
Or any Moderators with the Can edit topic tags set to Yes for that forum, they are able to change it. -- This is a Forum specific permission as well.
Only Topic starters and Moderators are able to edit or set topic tags.
If you are not a Moderator and not the topic starter, you cannot edit the Topic Tag for that topic.
Omarvelous wrote:Just an idea! But would be nice if permissions could be set to allow for the changing of topic tag by topic starter.
Yep, that feature exists already. :D
joebanana wrote:However, I'd like to have the template and instruction for subSilver please :D
Feature request added: https://startrekguide.bountysource.com/task/show/1643
JunglistPerfection wrote:Thanks. The mod works perfect.
Awesome!! :D
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Is there a limit on how many tags you can use?
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

JunglistPerfection wrote:Is there a limit on how many tags you can use?
Nope, no limit.

Well... unless you consider user-annoyance-level a limit. :P

Neon_

Post by Neon_ »

Any chance of you making an option to set a prefix as a default?

Cause in boards like mine for example which is a programming development board I want to use this mod to see the status of each file (very similaire to the MOD dev status here) and it makes it a lot less likely users will forget to post a prefix as well as simply providing a few clicks less work if there is a default. 8-)
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Highway of Life wrote:
saaiberke wrote:Is it correct that you can't edit the tag?
As long as you have the permission: Can edit topic tag set to Yes for that forum. -- This is a Forum specific permission.
Or any Moderators with the Can edit topic tags set to Yes for that forum, they are able to change it. -- This is a Forum specific permission as well.
Only Topic starters and Moderators are able to edit or set topic tags.
If you are not a Moderator and not the topic starter, you cannot edit the Topic Tag for that topic.
The only permissions I can find are:

Can edit own tags and can open new postings with tag. I tried it for my account (admin) and indeed I'm only able to edit my own topics, I can't change the tag of a topic placed by another user. This permissions system in phpBB3 really drives me crazy, it is so complicated..... (But I'm convinced that it gives many possibilites to tweak the board ;))

Grtz,

Nic
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Neon_ wrote:Any chance of you making an option to set a prefix as a default?

Cause in boards like mine for example which is a programming development board I want to use this mod to see the status of each file (very similaire to the MOD dev status here) and it makes it a lot less likely users will forget to post a prefix as well as simply providing a few clicks less work if there is a default. 8-)
Perhaps I think about adding this when I add the forum specific tags... no promises though. ;) -- Request added
saaiberke wrote:The only permissions I can find are:

Can edit own tags and can open new postings with tag. I tried it for my account (admin) and indeed I'm only able to edit my own topics, I can't change the tag of a topic placed by another user. This permissions system in phpBB3 really drives me crazy, it is so complicated..... (But I'm convinced that it gives many possibilites to tweak the board ;))
Okay, excellent... you found the user-forum permission for the topic tags.
The last one, the third permission is a moderator permission.

Easy way to find it: ACP > Permissions > Groups’ forum permissions > Select a Moderator group (or Administrators) > Select a forum or multiple forums > Select “Moderator permissions” from the drop down menu.
Viola!! :D

MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

As soon as this mod uses forum specific tags I will definatly use it. I can't wait for that feature!
Xabi

Post by Xabi »

I'll be using it too with forum specific tags and tags filtering in viewforum :)
Neon_

Post by Neon_ »

Highway of Life wrote:
Neon_ wrote:Any chance of you making an option to set a prefix as a default?

Perhaps I think about adding this when I add the forum specific tags... no promises though. ;) -- Request added
Sure hope so. I've been keeping my eye on this MOD for a while and I gotta say I'm rather pleased. Good luck on finishing up.
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

Xabi wrote:
Omarvelous wrote:How about they just place "For Sale: Item" in the title... and then [SOLD] when sold? ;).
So why a Topic Tag prefixes Mod? :D
Oh I was just suggesting... usually forums already have a "For Sale" section for ppl selling stuff..... So not sure if a "For Sale" tag would be needed in that case.... But there will be times where you will want to change a tag, so I see your point.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Highway of Life wrote:
saaiberke wrote:The only permissions I can find are:

Okay, excellent... you found the user-forum permission for the topic tags.
The last one, the third permission is a moderator permission.

Easy way to find it: ACP > Permissions > Groups’ forum permissions > Select a Moderator group (or Administrators) > Select a forum or multiple forums > Select “Moderator permissions” from the drop down menu.
Viola!! :D
Great, it works now. Thank you very much!!! :) :)

Nic
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

saaiberke wrote:Great, it works now. Thank you very much!!!

Nic
Excellent!! :D
Omarvelous wrote:Oh I was just suggesting... usually forums already have a "For Sale" section for ppl selling stuff..... So not sure if a "For Sale" tag would be needed in that case.... But there will be times where you will want to change a tag, so I see your point.
With a “For Sale” forum, I would just have a [SOLD] tag, and the other tags might represent whatever the product is that’s being sold. ;)
Xabi wrote:I'll be using it too with forum specific tags and tags filtering in viewforum
I have a very busy weekend ahead of me here with “The Call” and trying to get the PayPal Donation MOD out first, then the next release of this MOD will be ready. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”