[BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Omarvelous

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Omarvelous »

Highway of Life wrote:
Omarvelous wrote:Oh I was just suggesting... usually forums already have a "For Sale" section for ppl selling stuff..... So not sure if a "For Sale" tag would be needed in that case.... But there will be times where you will want to change a tag, so I see your point.
With a “For Sale” forum, I would just have a [SOLD] tag, and the other tags might represent whatever the product is that’s being sold. ;)
I concur.... I concur! Was trynna sell that point to Xabi.
murnauvsbuñuel

Post by murnauvsbuñuel »

Screenshot of Admin panel:
:?: will be better or more secure define the color tags with bbcode and not with html?

Code: Select all

[color=#00FF00][Solved][/color] instead of <span style="color:green;">[Solved]</span>
sorry for my bad english i am spanish.
ImagemxBB Portal the best portal to phpBB2
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

murnauvsbuñuel wrote:Screenshot of Admin panel:
:?: will be better or more secure define the color tags with bbcode and not with html?

[color=#00FF00][Solved][/color] instead of <span style="color:green;">[Solved]</span>
can't see why using html would be less secure....
Neon_

Post by Neon_ »

A little easier maybe, but not any more secure. bbcode is parsed into html anyway, and it's all done from the admin panel so it's not like their will be users defining custom html that might mess up your board. The html simply allows a little more flexibility with eliminating the need to make custom bbcode first. And also to keep in mind that any custom bbcode you write can be used by all members in their posts too.

So in my eyes, it's actually a little more secure.
okada1314

Post by okada1314 »

i got this erro in mcp

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_topic_tags.php on line 118: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 399: array_values() [function.array-values]: The argument should be an array

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php:3871) in /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php on line 4433

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php:3871) in /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php on line 4435

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php:3871) in /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php on line 4436

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php:3871) in /home/yokohk/public_html/community/includes/functions.php on line 4437
Information
You are not authorised to access this area.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

It makes no security difference. Only the Admin is able to define the HTML.
But I’m thinking of switching it over to BBCode for ease-of-use anyways, or perhaps just *add* bbcode support... I’ve not decided.
When the voting came up, HTML was the favorite over BBCode by 3 to 1.
okada1314 wrote:i got this erro in mcp
Patch/fix
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

Highway of Life wrote:

It makes no security difference. Only the Admin is able to define the HTML.
But I’m thinking of switching it over to BBCode for ease-of-use anyways, or perhaps just *add* bbcode support... I’ve not decided.
When the voting came up, HTML was the favorite over BBCode by 3 to 1.
okada1314 wrote:i got this erro in mcp
Patch/fix
I can't see how BBCode is necessarily that much easier where it would warrant it. I'd choose HTML hands down, then style it in my CSS... that's how it should be done!

Great work on this, will have to test it out sooon.
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

Had a idea on how i plan on using this... This is more of a structural/visual change that i'm sure can be done on my own, using your mod.

Basically... Your in Forum 12, and above the Topic Listings you have tabs which correlate to "View Topics By: [ALL] [TopicTag1] [TopicTag2].....[TopicTag8]" Where [All] is the default... And when one clicks on a tab, and if you plan on adding that filter feature, just grab that link and send them to a listing with that tab selected.

How's the progress going on this?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I'm getting the same error as mentioned above when trying to access my moderator control panel. :(
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_topic_tags.php on line 118: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 399: array_values() [function.array-values]: The argument should be an array

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3685) in /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4335

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3685) in /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4337

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3685) in /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4338

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3685) in /home/thebla6/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4339
You are not authorised to access this area.
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

This error occurs if you do NOT grant access to alter topic tags to moderators. YOu have to set this in the ACP, or else you will get this message.

I found the answer here:

http://startrekguide.com/forum/f39-mods ... tml#p35633
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

ANy chance these tags could be displayed in the search results like they are when you view a forum?
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
Parador

Post by Parador »

Just a quick hint:

Find in the installation manual:

Files to Edit
styles/prosilver/mcp_forum.html, 
styles/prosilver/posting_editor.html 
Replace with:

Files to Edit
styles/prosilver/template/mcp_forum.html, 
styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html 
Take care, and thx for the mod!
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Trinity wrote:ANy chance these tags could be displayed in the search results like they are when you view a forum?
Hmm... had not thought of that, I’ll have to look into it.
I am planning on adding the feature where the forum can be filtered by topic tags.
Parador wrote:Just a quick hint:
Take care, and thx for the mod!
Thanks! Yes, I spotted that after I released Beta1, it’s fixed in the SVN waiting for Beta2 release... I’m still waiting to see if I get any more bug reports first, however.

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Highway of Life wrote:
Trinity wrote:ANy chance these tags could be displayed in the search results like they are when you view a forum?
Hmm... had not thought of that, I’ll have to look into it.
I am planning on adding the feature where the forum can be filtered by topic tags.
Yeah. This sounds great. I tried to look at the code to see if I could add it into the search results (like.. active topics, posts since last visit, and even just standard search results), but I couldn't figure it out. If this could happen at some point in a future release, that would be mind blowing. It's a wonderful MOD. Filtering will be amazing as it is.
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Cl0wn wrote:Any chance of getting a version out for PHPBB2?
No. Not by me, but anyone else is welcome to take my MOD and use it/port it to phpBB2 -- as long as you give original credit. ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”