[BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Locked
Neon_
Registered User
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:50 am

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Neon_ »

Any progress reports?
Image
User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Highway of Life »

A couple of bugs have been fixed and a load of languages added.
Still need to add a few functions, but maybe I’ll just release the next version with the fixes and language packs and worry about the new features for the next version.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.
User avatar
Trinity
Registered User
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:06 pm
Location: Hollywood, CA

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Trinity »

You should release it all at once. Make it one massive MOD that will blow everyone away! :)
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
lindhardsen
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:02 pm

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by lindhardsen »

This is really, really, really a great mod. I dont have any clue as to the amount of work, but maybe some of it could be copy/paste when u have done the first chunk of code.

What if I needed two, three or four tags associated/related to the same post that are of different type, is that totally of the scope ?

For an example if one wanted to preserve a specific text with different meta relations - like theme relations, texttype(fx. essay, exploratory, proposal), urgency, status etc. - things that cannot be organized hierarchially - one would need more than one tag to express these relations. So one could find essays with a specific theme, proposing something).

One could allow for checking more than one tag in the same list, but then the grouping feature would get lost right?, and the ability to use the group filter ... to filter ... lost also. So perhaps what I would like is a grouped list of tags, where one could associate more than one tag.

(Perhaps one could also do a post to other posts-tag, post to other forums-tag and post to other categories-tag kind of classification and the same from the forum and category perspective (i.e. forum to forum-tag, forum to post-tag etc.). The point would be here to allow for using the tags as expressions for relations between posts, forums and categories - which would give some nice indexing possibilities if the baord altogether is very closely knit together and not one forum dealing with cats and another dealing with dogs - as separate areas of interest.)

How about a date in which a topic renders obsolete automatically ? Not deleted, just tagged ?

Thanks for a great mod.
Omarvelous
Registered User
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:24 am

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Omarvelous »

lindhardsen wrote:This is really, really, really a great mod. I dont have any clue as to the amount of work, but maybe some of it could be copy/paste when u have done the first chunk of code.

What if I needed two, three or four tags associated/related to the same post that are of different type, is that totally of the scope ?

For an example if one wanted to preserve a specific text with different meta relations - like theme relations, texttype(fx. essay, exploratory, proposal), urgency, status etc. - things that cannot be organized hierarchially - one would need more than one tag to express these relations. So one could find essays with a specific theme, proposing something).

One could allow for checking more than one tag in the same list, but then the grouping feature would get lost right?, and the ability to use the group filter ... to filter ... lost also. So perhaps what I would like is a grouped list of tags, where one could associate more than one tag.

(Perhaps one could also do a post to other posts-tag, post to other forums-tag and post to other categories-tag kind of classification and the same from the forum and category perspective (i.e. forum to forum-tag, forum to post-tag etc.). The point would be here to allow for using the tags as expressions for relations between posts, forums and categories - which would give some nice indexing possibilities if the baord altogether is very closely knit together and not one forum dealing with cats and another dealing with dogs - as separate areas of interest.)

How about a date in which a topic renders obsolete automatically ? Not deleted, just tagged ?

Thanks for a great mod.
I understand your request, but I would tink it would be a) out of scope, and b) more appropriate out of the "topic" line where these current tags are held...

Wha tI think you would need is a MOD dedicated more to Topic Meta Tags.... which was in DEV, but not so sure anymore, and I agree would be a great MOD.

But again, I feel the role that this mod plays, allowing Pre-defined prefixes in front of Topic Title serves as a second line of filtering, that will save from creating several sub-sub-forums, for example [BETA] [DEV] in this very forum.... Allows one to quickly bypass what is still in [DEV] and discover those in [BETA]...

You wouldn't want to see [BETA][RC3-COMP][MODX][DEMO] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0.... Understand how using this MOD for multiple prefixes can get messy?
lindhardsen
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:02 pm

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by lindhardsen »

Omarvelous wrote:Understand how using this MOD for multiple prefixes can get messy?
Yes, thank you. Again.
iBotPeaches
Registered User
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Vahalla
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by iBotPeaches »

I just installed this on RC3, and could not get it too work. So is it me? or not ready for RC3 yet?

Well...mainly the problem is, that I cannot access the Forum Module on my ACP, I restore my backed includes/acp/acp_forums.php file and it worked, Redid the installion on that file, same issue. I redid whole installion but no I cannot access Forum Module in ACP, without restoring my includes/acp/acp_forums.php file
Image
Kleopatras_Sister
Registered User
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

works it on RC4 without Problems ?
User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Highway of Life »

iBotPeaches wrote:I just installed this on RC3, and could not get it too work. So is it me? or not ready for RC3 yet?

Well...mainly the problem is, that I cannot access the Forum Module on my ACP, I restore my backed includes/acp/acp_forums.php file and it worked, Redid the installion on that file, same issue. I redid whole installion but no I cannot access Forum Module in ACP, without restoring my includes/acp/acp_forums.php file
It was built for RC3.
After an RC4 upgrade/install, did you try it again?

If its not working for you, please give me more details about what the problem is. i.e. what it does, maybe a screenshot and steps to reproduce.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.
Omarvelous
Registered User
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:24 am

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Omarvelous »

Your doing some great work..

I was just curious if you have a ETA on this
Future Features:
* Admin configurable Forum-specific topic prefixes, specific set for Topic Authors and Moderators (separately)
That when I'd really put this to full use!
iBotPeaches
Registered User
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Vahalla
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by iBotPeaches »

Here using the mod quick drop down bar i can set the tag
Image

It even shows up when viewing the topic list
Image

but when you go to post in the same forum, under same account

Image

its missing in action
Image
User avatar
Trinity
Registered User
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:06 pm
Location: Hollywood, CA

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Trinity »

Refresh template cache?
Shop smart, shop S-mart.
PG_Strik3r
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:29 pm

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by PG_Strik3r »

Hi, since I've updated to RC4 i can't reset the topic tags. I only can change them.
Checked the Code of all files, its correct.

Plz help me
Kleopatras_Sister
Registered User
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

so it doent work with RC 4 right ?

need to know, because i planed to build it in m y forum today, but if doesnt work right, i let it and save many time

regards
PG_Strik3r
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:29 pm

Re: [BETA] Topic Tag Prefixes MOD 0.1.0

Post by PG_Strik3r »

I had not tried to reset a tag before, cause i installed it a few hours bevor i udated to RC4.
So i dont know if it works before, but i think so.
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”