[DEV]Phpbb 3.0 Forum Hosting Script

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
bad-dj

Re: [DEV]Phpbb 3.0 Forum Hosting Script

Post by bad-dj »

Well i do hope you make the script as and hope its free as i want to set up free phpbb3 hosting.
Sultani

Post by Sultani »

notaloafer wrote:I host dev. forums on my private server and am not looking to spend money on something that isn't going to make me money.... I host free developmental forums with no ads on them.

So is this mod free or not?
I host free developmental forums with no ads on them
So, thats your problem, not the author of this mod.

If you want a free mod, try to ask google if he saw any around. (But i have my doubts about that)

Otherwise you can always writte your own mod.

If you are not able to writte that mod (due to dont have skills for that), maybe you can think twice and respect a bit more the hard work that other guys have to bring us such wonderfull option to our forum. Even if payed...

Just to trow my 2 cents on you, cause your action is really repugnant!
Scraablee - Free Flash Games!

Sorry for my bad english ( Im american ) :D
yaw_pakhtoon

Post by yaw_pakhtoon »

hey arberb have you decided about the this, is it free or is this going to cost. :D
Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter »

If he develope's it and gives it away for free, that would be great, but not smart. The small amount of users who actually would have a use for it, would build businesses with it. That would make development and support critical, with no monetary gain and most likely no real acclaim. Development time will be in the hundreds of hours and support will be in the thousands. It is not unreasonable to charge way more than the $75 that cyberalien is asking.
cyberalien is an extremely talented dev and designer, who has given more to the phpbb community (for free) than even some of the phpbb devs. It is completely realistic that he will still be here 5 years from now supporting his mod.
In short, if you cannot afford $75 - $150 for a script like this, then you cannot afford a server capable of handling it.

ps. Until youve actually given something back to the community, do not think you may trash those who have and not be scorned for it.
Sultani

Post by Sultani »

Helter Skelter wrote:If he develope's it and gives it away for free, that would be great, but not smart. The small amount of users who actually would have a use for it, would build businesses with it. That would make development and support critical, with no monetary gain and most likely no real acclaim. Development time will be in the hundreds of hours and support will be in the thousands. It is not unreasonable to charge way more than the $75 that cyberalien is asking.
cyberalien is an extremely talented dev and designer, who has given more to the phpbb community (for free) than even some of the phpbb devs. It is completely realistic that he will still be here 5 years from now supporting his mod.
In short, if you cannot afford $75 - $150 for a script like this, then you cannot afford a server capable of handling it.

ps. Until youve actually given something back to the community, do not think you may trash those who have and not be scorned for it.

Wise words dude, and i make your words my words. I just cant express myself better cause my english it kinda sucks.

But thats the point, and yeah, i cant say anything more cause u already said all.

All the best
Scraablee - Free Flash Games!

Sorry for my bad english ( Im american ) :D
AngelXSID

Post by AngelXSID »

would be nice.
just a word for people who want one, it currently runs on rc5 only. i've tried updating it myself but it failed.
does work though.

no virus its from the main site.

http://www.mihalism.com/misc/downloads/ ... ost.tar.gz

no disrespect to this author though, i'm currently looking for phpbb2 in the meantime.
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

arberb wrote:I dont know if i should give or free or should i sell.
Topic locked. Please read the Modifications Development Forum Rules

If you want to post your MOD here, developed it under GPL.

~Mac

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”