[ABD] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
A.I. BOT

Re: [BETA] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by A.I. BOT »

ZIP Updated.

Run:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_rivals_config` (ticket_reciver) VALUES ('0');
- Should fix the sign-up button (I think ;))
- Ticket recivers can now be set.
- Misc fixes.

Thanks.
Benely

Post by Benely »

1. Tournament sign up button still isn't appearing for me :(
2. When I send a ticket I get this:
Information

NO_RECIPIENT
Not sure how the whole ticket function works so not sure how to check it etc, but i'll look in to it when I get more time to work it out :)

Looking good AI making steady progress.
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

Information

NO_RECIPIENT
I'm not sure how the whole ticket function works either .. but I receive the same error when trying to send a ticket also. I also do not get any join tournament button nor any way of joining any tournament either.

A couple of changes I think that needs to be made is if you have a clan/team created and you view a ladder that you are signed up on, then there should be a link next to the clans name giving you the option to challenge them right from the ladders team list page.

On the tournaments page you should be able to enter either BB code or HTML code for the tournaments details, that way you can display images etc for any sponsors you may have for the tournament or display a link to say a forum post that has all the complete rules etc for that tournament.

Also when you go to challenge someone, how do you know if there avaliable to even be challenged? or can you challenge anyone at any time even if there currently set up for a match with someone else? I hope not ...

Looking good tho please keep up your great work on this project.
Last edited by ragu78 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

another problem I found is when you go to report win/loss/tie it does not list the oppenants name ....

and when you accept anpther clans challenge there is a error with the PM that is suppose to be sent to the team that challenged you. Cant remember off hand what the file or line was but it was producing 3 lines of errors fin a particular file.
skyhawk101

Post by skyhawk101 »

A.I. BOT wrote:Did the opponent show up in manage challenges for the other clan when you made the challenge?
Yes, the opponant did accept the challenge. Opponant still not showing in On-Going Matches in ccp_managematches for reporting. Like maybe its in the template.

Where it does show:

Statistics in CCP - On-Going Matches (1).
Match History On-Going in ladders_viewclan
ccp_managematches.html

<tr class="bg2">
<td class="row3" align="center">{L_OPPONENT}</td>
<td class="row3" align="center">{L_WIN}</td>
<td class="row3" align="center">{L_LOSS}</td>
<td class="row3" align="center">{L_TIE}</td>
</tr>
<!-- BEGIN block_on -->
<tr class="{block_on.S_BGCOLOR}">
<td class="{block_on.S_ROWCOLOR}"><a href="{block_on.U_OPPONENT}">{block_pend.S_OPPONENT}</a></td>
<td class="{block_on.S_ROWCOLOR}" align="center"><input type="checkbox" name="match_type[]" value="1" /></td>
<td class="{block_on.S_ROWCOLOR}" align="center"><input type="checkbox" name="match_type[]" value="2" /></td>
<td class="{block_on.S_ROWCOLOR}" align="center"><input type="checkbox" name="match_type[]" value="3" /></td>
</tr>

Can I ask a stupid question... would that be an OPPONENT instead of a PEND.S_OPPONENT. Cause its no longer a pending opponant, if its been accepted. And that statement would cause it to be blank. In looking at some other templates, I see S_CHALLENGER and S_CHALLENGEE.

At that point, then the match is set and not pending.. other than the reporting the outcome for that opponent.

Thanks
fetzer

Post by fetzer »

- Should fix the sign-up button (I think ;))
SIGNUP to tournaments does not work.

In the list of tournaments, no signup button is presented.

I managed to fix it by myself.

In file /rivals/tournament.php the script uses

$clan->data[ 'clan_id' ]
several times, but no $clan object is present. I searched for:

$tournament     = new tournament ( );
and added:

$clan = new clan ();
and voila, the signup button is now present. I could manage to join tournaments afterwards.
fetzer

Post by fetzer »

my second objection for the updated zip is the following: after i successfully fixed the sign-up button
function above, I discovered that participants of an on-going tournament won't be presented the tournament id in select box of /rivals.php?action=ccp_tournaments.
Therefore "managing tournaments" is not functional :|

Furthermore, the submit button then pressed without a tournament id selected, leads to
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND clan_id = 2 ORDER BY clan_bracket DESC LIMIT 1' at line 1 [1064]
it's like most of the times, sql syntax is not checked for valid values before issuing db statements :|
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

I dont mean to come off sounding rude in anyway and trust me that is not my intent but isnt this thing somewhat tested prior to beta release? I installed it on a test site and within 5 mins of checking it out I found 4 obvious errors, some that are so obvious that its almost as if it wasnt even tested. Was it coded and then released for us to test? Cause no join button for the tournaments is so obvious of a error to miss, along with the match PM's not working either.

I do appreciate the time and effort the author is putting into this mod but I just think it is not even being tested before and after any code changes and releases.
Last edited by ragu78 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L3th4l

Post by L3th4l »

I found a browser specific error. In "Clan CP / Edit Clan / Join Tourney drop down" the Ladder name is not selectable (Grayed out) in Firefox but is selectable in IE7. When selected in IE7 you get a SQL syntax error. The sub-ladder is selectable in both and works as it should.

Another error is when someone requests to join a clan and the clan leader accepts it, the PM is sent to them saying they have been added to the clan but they never get added. Their name stays in the Pending Members drop down and does not show up in the Member Managment..

I will say that once these kinks are worked out, it will be a great Mod...
Webmaster, level designer and coder for Smokin' Guns, a Quake3 Arena full conversion mod (soon to be a standalone game) http://www.smokin-guns.net
Benely

Post by Benely »

lethal, its something to do with IE, your not spose to be able to click ladders names only sub-ladders.

fetzer that fix works great :)

one problem i've run in to, but i guess its been there all a long guests can create clans :(
Acc3L

Post by Acc3L »

Hello. Wanted to say thanks for this nice MOD :)
I'm new to this MOD, so i have some questions:
1. Is there anyway i could get a "My Clan" button which shows my clan's profile page when a user is logged in
2. Where can i lock or make ladder/tournament started so that new clan's can't be added on the ladder/tournament list?

EDIT: Ok, found where i can start my tournament, but i occured a new problem. I'm Clan Leader, how can i join a tournament?

When i accepted a challange, on top of page i got some errors
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals/functions.php on line 232: include(includes/functions_privmsgs.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals/functions.php on line 232: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions_privmsgs.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
Thank you for your answers.

EDIT2: The problem with Join Tournament is still actual, i really can't find a way to join tournament. I can see tournament on my Tournaments page, but i don't see anything on my Manage Tournaments.
Also it would be nice if someone could tell me, how can i quit a team?
Last edited by Acc3L on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

ragu78 wrote:I do appreciate the time and effort the author is putting into this mod but I just think it is not even being tested before and after any code changes and releases.
I'm low on cash, I work a lot of hours to get more cash I need, I go to school and have a social life... this leads to limited time I get to code... sometimes I have enough time to fix a bug but not test it, that is why I release sometimes without testing. You dont have to test the MOD if you dont want to.

@Acc3L: Thanks, fixed.
@L3th4l: I cant do nothing about that IE thing, unless theres some kind of js/css hack I can use... I will look into it.
@fetzer: Are you saying that after a clan joins a tournament, the tournament does not show up in the dropdown box of ccp_tournaments?... Is the tournamented "started"? Because if the tournament is not started via the Rivals ACP, they can be joined to the tournament but its not going to show up until the admin clicks "Start Tournament". Thanks for the sign-up fix, its added in the next update.
@skyhawk101: Thanks for the notice... pend.S_OPPONENT should have been on.S_OPPONENT :)

Will post updates soon.

Thanks for the reports :)
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

A.I. BOT wrote:I'm low on cash, I work a lot of hours to get more cash I need, I go to school and have a social life... this leads to limited time I get to code... sometimes I have enough time to fix a bug but not test it, that is why I release sometimes without testing. You dont have to test the MOD if you dont want to.

Again like I said I appreciate the time and effort and in no way was I trying to bash you. I understand that not all modders can test every little function of there mod and that is where the community comes in ... to help report the bugs they find and give there feedback. But missing something like a "join tournament button" needed to control one of the whole aspects of the mod is just odd. If you notice this mod is one of the most talked about and viewed mods for phpbb3, TONS of people are looking for a tournament, ladder, league (<- you should look into doing a league mod after this one) mod for there website that is not flooded with errors and bad code. If you can produce a error free working version of this mod then I believe you will bring ALOT of new comers to the phpbb3 system due to the fact that there is not one good competition mod for any CMS system or forum system. There are and have been so many competition mods likes this that have come and gone due to lack of support or time from there author, which is where I truly salute you for your time and efforts in sticking with this mod. I hope you can get a version out that is usable.

Thx again ...
L3th4l

Post by L3th4l »

A.I. BOT wrote: @L3th4l: I cant do nothing about that IE thing, unless theres some kind of js/css hack I can use... I will look into it.

<!--[if lte IE 7]>
<script>
function OptionsDisabled(){
    var sels = document.getElementsByTagName('select');
    for(var i=0; i < sels.length; i++){
        sels[i].onchange= function(){ 
            if(this.options[this.selectedIndex].disabled){
                if(this.options.length<=1){
                    this.selectedIndex = -1;
                }else if(this.selectedIndex < this.options.length - 1){
                    this.selectedIndex++;
                }else{
                    this.selectedIndex--;
                }
            }
        }
        if(sels[i].options[sels[i].selectedIndex].disabled){
            sels[i].onchange();
        }    
        for(var j=0; j < sels[i].options.length; j++){ 
            if(sels[i].options[j].disabled){
                sels[i].options[j].style.color = '#CCC';
            }
        }
    }
}
window.attachEvent("onload", OptionsDisabled)
</script>
<![endif]-->
More simple would be to use optgroup instead of option.

<optgroup label="{block_nopendingmembers.L_NOPENDINGMEMBERS}"></optgroup>
Last edited by L3th4l on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster, level designer and coder for Smokin' Guns, a Quake3 Arena full conversion mod (soon to be a standalone game) http://www.smokin-guns.net
gawaindc

Post by gawaindc »

ragu78 - If you read back just a couple of pages, you'll see exactly why the sign-up button isn't showing up. It's only happened recently during an update requested to resolve another issue. As you'll also see from the post above the fix is very simple and already available to you.

The whole idea of beta testing is for us to TEST the mods and ensure they're bug free. This is a work in progress and as so many people are requesting so many features, it's almost certain that some things aren't going to work at some point.

Just bear with A.I. Bot he's working incredibly hard to get this ready and it has come a VERY long way since even Christmas. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”