[MODDB] ACP Announcement Centre 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
lefty74

Re: [BETA] ACP Announcement Centre 0.0.1a

Post by lefty74 »

TheMoustic wrote:Hello.

I installed this mod on my local forum and work (RC5 version).
I installed it and it work on my live forum, it use toworked, but I had have to delete all my forum files and start with a new RC5 version and I do the same on my local forum.

Now, on my live forum I have that when I try to go to ACP:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 155: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
I use exactely (I think :? ) the same Base Of data and exactely (I'm sure) the same files on my live forum as my local forum.

So, where is the problem ? May it's the fact that I deleted all files wihtout delete the MOD ? But, even if is that, why on my local forum I havn't got the same error ?

Thanks for help.

= = = = = =
EDIT:

I have up load on my live Base of data the configuration of my local base of data. Now I have exactely the same configuration on my local forum as on my live forum.

But I still have a problem:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)

Is not exactely the same trouble, but I can't go to ACP.
hmm, what type of editor do you use to do your code changes? does it work if you change to english or do u get the same error message?

just a longshot ... but in what mode do you ftp-upload your files?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

I use Bloc Note <= I don't know if it's the same name in English, it's the simple text editor of Windows, when you create a file, you have a .txt extension. I hope you understand.

I try all MOD on my local forum, and when it's ok, I send all on my live forum with FileZilla.

How can I change the language if I don't go to ACP ? Should I do the changements directly in my files ?

= = = = = = =

I rename my fr folder => fr- and I rename my en floder => fr. I modified the 2 files. I now, I have (when I want to go to ACP):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4209: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4211: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4212: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4213: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/fr/acp/common.php:1)

Theory, it is when nothing works, and when we know why.
Practice, it is when everything works, and when we do not know why.

Here, both are combined: nothing works, and nobody knows why.
Albert Einstein
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi, i user filezilla as well, do you have as transfer type 'auto'?

anyway, this was just a random guess.

as for text editor, i think bloc note is the standard text editor. i would recommend notepad++ or maybe notepad 2

it could well be that bloc note/notepad screws up some of the code....
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

Okay, but I have installed topic tag mod, acp add suer, admin user notify with my methode, I hadn't have any trouble.

I use to install your mod on my live forum like this, and it was function. As I told you, I was obliged to restore my version.
I retry to install and use this mod, but it doesn't work.

Do you really think it's about FileZilla ? I think it's more my fault ^^
do you have as transfer type 'auto'?
Maybe, I don't know. All I know is I send all of my local forum files on a virgin folder on my ftp account. I do this when I installed & try a MOD on my local forum.

Albert Einstein
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hey, i am only guessing as i do not know what could cause this. :?

sorry, you can send me your files if you like and i can put them on one of my testboard to see whether i get the same error message.
lefty74
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

Ok, no problème, I'll find you a mp with all you'll need.

Thank you very much.

Albert Einstein
IPlasma

Post by IPlasma »

damn its my fault

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

language/fr/acp/common.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

?>

#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#

//Announcement Centre by lefty74
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'ACP_ANNOUNCEMENT_CENTRE'		=> 'Central d\'annonces',
	'LOG_CONFIG_ANNOUNCEMENT_CENTRE'	=> '<strong>les options du Central d\'annonces ont été modifiées</strong>',
));
TheMoustic, this part of code must be added BEFORE not after the ?>

sorry again and i correct now
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thanks iplasma, he sent me the language file and did notice that at the installation but...TheMoustic, in your language/fr/acp/common.php.

you have a blank line after the

?>
delete that blank line and see whether that does the trick
lefty74
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

I'll try that. But I have a little knowledge in PHP, and I automatically add BEFORE ?> because I know that it's close the PHP file like

</html>

= = = = = = =

EDIT: common.php was not the only one to have these blank line. Before, the problem came when I wanted to go to acp, but know, it's on the index. I deleted thoses lines, but the problem still stay.

I have learn a really intersting thing:

Open config.php

// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
Repalce with:

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
I do that, now, look by yourself: http://www.lms-stl.fr/phpbb3/announcement

It's the begin of the end for thoses error :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by TheMoustic on Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albert Einstein
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

there is still an empty line behind

?>
in language/fr/common.php
?> is at line 820 and there is still a line in 821, that needs to be deleted as well.
lefty74
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

It's not changed. I had got a blank before & after ?> in common.php, acp/common.php & acp/acp_board.php.

I deleted all that blanks lines, but its'nt change anything.

But, I activated the debugmod, and it show:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 102: Undefined index: announcement_show
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 112: Undefined index: announcement_show
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 132: Undefined index: announcement_text
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 133: Undefined index: announcement_text_guests
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 134: Undefined index: announcement_title
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 135: Undefined index: announcement_title_guests
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 136: Undefined index: announcement_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 137: Undefined index: announcement_enable_guests

Albert Einstein
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Are you sure that you have done the changes in index.php?

Certainly this part:

Code:Select All
	'BIRTHDAY_LIST'	=> $birthday_list,

Add after
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

Code:Select All
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT' => get_announcement($config['announcement_text']),
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS' => get_announcement($config['announcement_text_guests']),
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE' => $config['announcement_title'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS' => $config['announcement_title_guests'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE' => $config['announcement_enable'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS' => $config['announcement_enable_guests'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW' => $announcement_show,
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE' => $announcement_show_everyone_guests,
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

Yes, I'm sure.

I repaet it: this mod function perfectly on my local forum, but not on my live forum whereas it's exactly the same configuration (files & data base).

Albert Einstein
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

TheMoustic wrote:Yes, I'm sure.

I repaet it: this mod function perfectly on my local forum, but not on my live forum whereas it's exactly the same configuration (files & data base).
very weird, anyway, hope this will be taken care of soon as i have almost finished with the next BETA version which includes birthday announcements (optional avatars) and no more limitation of 255 chars. Also, the configurable announcement titles can be left blank and then the values in the language/en/common file will be used which may be useful for boards supporting multiple languages.

all i need is write the install instructions so hopefully it will be out later today or tomorrow.

there will be no upgrade instructions as it will probably easier to uninstall the old version and install the new one.
lefty74
TheMoustic

Post by TheMoustic »

Ok, thanks you again.

I hope I'll able to use the new version ^^

Albert Einstein

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”