[MODDB] ACP Announcement Centre 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
lefty74

Re: [BETA] ACP Announcement Centre 0.1.0

Post by lefty74 »

upgraded to v0.1.0, first post updated
:D

to upgrade to v 0.1.0 its best to uninstall 0.0.1a and then install 0.1.0
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
.:: Chico ::.

Post by .:: Chico ::. »

lefty74 wrote:upgraded to v0.1.0, first post updated

Great Left, contragulations.

i'm gonna try now with this newer version.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

.:: Chico ::. wrote:
lefty74 wrote:upgraded to v0.1.0, first post updated

Great Left, contragulations.

i'm gonna try now with this newer version.
great, thank you
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Kleopatras_Sister

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

Hi

great work. But as may you know im not pro on phpbb

so you dont have an upgrade text ? i must reinstall all?

but what changed ? only File edits or SQL too ?
If SQL too, i must only del this

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable_guests', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_show', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_title', 'Site Announcements');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_text', '[color=red][b]Site Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :mrgreen:');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_title_guests', 'Guest Announcements');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_text_guests', '[color=green][b]Guest Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :wink:');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_preview', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_preview_guests', '');
is there an easy code that this goes automaticly ? or start only the "new" sql code and all existings drops, del and installs again

need your help please
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

what you would need to do is follow the old install instructions in reverse order, that way you are uninstalling the mod. Once you have done that you can install the new mod version.

since it is using a new table, you will need to run the sql statement, i am not on my regular machine at the moment but for the sql i will post what you will need to enter in a little bit.
lefty74
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

to upgrade the database from 0.0.1a to 0.1.0 run the following statement in phpMyAdmin

DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_text_guests' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_title_guests' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_text' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_show' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_title' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_enable' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_enable_guests' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_preview' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE CONVERT(`phpbb_config`.`config_name` USING utf8) = 'announcement_preview_guests' LIMIT 1;

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_announcement_centre` (
  `announcement_desc` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `announcement_value` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`announcement_desc`));

INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable_guests', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_show', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_show_birthdays', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_birthday_avatar', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_title', 'Site Announcements');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_text', '[color=red][b]Site Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :mrgreen:');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_title_guests', 'Guest Announcements');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES ('announcement_text_guests', '[color=green][b]Guest Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :wink:');
lefty74
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

I hope we won' have to uninstall every time you make an update... :roll:
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

uninstalling and reinstalling would have pretty much been the upgrade instructions in this case anyway. if you are happy with 0.0.1a and its features no need to upgrade, no need to uninstall anything ... :roll:
lefty74
IPlasma

Post by IPlasma »

joebart72 wrote:I hope we won' have to uninstall every time you make an update... :roll:
checking your site you dont use his mod so why complaining ??
sorry to troll your thread Lefty, it's the first and last time.
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

IPlasma wrote:
joebart72 wrote:I hope we won' have to uninstall every time you make an update... :roll:
checking your site you dont use his mod so why complaining ??
sorry to troll your thread Lefty, it's the first and last time.
Sorry but I use this mod but I read what Lefty said so I've uninstalled the old version before....

Iplasma, à ton avis, j'aurais posté si je n'avais pas le mod ??? Je désinstalle comme indiqué avant de mettre le nouveau et basta donc la prochaine fois, évite ce genre de posts STP...

P.S. There is an error in your install file :

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/overall_header.html
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

Code:Select All
	<div id="datebar">
		<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">
Rather open styles/subsilver2/template/index_body.html :P

Here is the french translation :

<?php
/** 
* acp_announcements_centre [English]
* @package language
* @copyright (c) 2007 lefty74
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License 
*/

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine

// Announcement  settings
$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'TITLE'									=> 'Annonces',
	'TITLE_EXPLAIN'							=> 'Vous pouvez choisir qui verra ces annonces. Vous pouvez avoir une annonce alternative pour les invités',
	'ANNOUNCEMENTS'							=> 'Configuration des annonces',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE'					=> 'Montrer annonce du site',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW'						=> 'Montrer annonce du site',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAYS'			=> 'Afficher les anniversaires comme annonce',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAYS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Afficher les anniversaires du jour (si activé) comme annonce',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_AVATAR'			=> 'Montrer les avatars dans les annonces d\'anniversaires',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_AVATAR_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Toujours montrer l\'avatar de la personne dont c\'est l\'anniversaire',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_PREVIEW'				=> 'Prévisualisation annonce du site',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_PREVIEW_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Prévisualisation rapide annonce du site',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE'					=> 'Titre annonce du site',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_EXPLAIN'			=> 'Customiser le bloc titre d\'annonce ici <br/>Laisser vide pour utiliser la variable par défaut',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT'						=> 'Texte de l\'annonce',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_EXPLAIN'				=> 'Rédiger ici votre texte d\'annonce',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS'			=> 'Montrer une annonce différente aux invités',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Montrer une annonce différente aux invités sauf si vous avez décidé de montrer l\'annonce de site à tous',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS_PREVIEW'		=> 'Prévisualisation annonce invités',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS_PREVIEW_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Prévisualisation rapide annonce invités',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS'				=> 'Annonce invités',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Customiser le bloc annonce invités ici <br/>Laisser vide pour utiliser la variable par défaut',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS'				=> 'Texte annonce invités',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS_EXPLAIN'		=> 'Rédiger ici l\'annonce pour les invités',
	'ACP_ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE'				=> 'Annonces',

'YES'			=> 'Oui',
	'NO'			=> 'Non',
	'GUESTS'		=> 'Invités',
	'EVERYONE'		=> 'Tous',
	'MEMBERS'		=> 'Membres',
));

?>
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thanks for the translation :)
joebart72 wrote: P.S. There is an error in your install file :

Open: styles/subsilver2/template/overall_header.html
    Find
    Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

Code:Select All
       <div id="datebar">
          <table width="100%" cellspacing="0">

Rather open styles/subsilver2/template/index_body.html :P
did you actually try to find this in index_body.html? ;)

overall_header.html is the correct file to open. 8-)
lefty74
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Oups sorry... Ok ;)
Kleopatras_Sister

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

morging

i wait so long for an fix (to long words / caracters) but know i got more Problems as before. Before i could make nearly 4 lines (writting) and know ...

i got a big error

That is written in it

[size=170][color=yellow][b]Unser 1. von 2 Gewinn Spielen im September: [/b][/color][/size]

[size=150][color=yellow]Zu gewinnen: rapidshare Premium Accounts[/color] [url=http://xxxxxxx.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=936]klick[/url][/size]
and under guest

:hallo:

Wir heißen alle Clans, Vereine, Teams und natürlich auch Dich [b]Herzlich Willkommen[/b]. Melde dich unverbindlich & Kostenlos an, nutze Chat & und Forum. Hier findest du wonach Du gesucht hast.

This is an screen from SQL entries (after it doesnt work, i disabled it)

so whats the Problem ? (i clearch cache, resetet template / Style)

i deinstalled the old Version, delete manually all SQL entries. Install like your install says... but it didnt work well

if i take only some words in it, it works, if i try obove it doenst work. But !! i dont have Problems with same ! text in old Version...

So Please, please help me :cry:
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi, if you have msn please add me, i will try to see what this is and once (hopefully) sorted, post it here. do you have a testboard where you could give me temporary ftp access? do you use mysql as database?

p.s.
i put your text as announcements on my local testboard and had no problems displaying it so right now i do not know what is causing this. :?
lefty74
FilthyRich86

Post by FilthyRich86 »

great mod, just having a little trouble finalizing. i keep getting this error in my root/index.php
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'grind247_test.phpbb_announcement_centre' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: icekoldh20@gmail.com
any idea where i went wrong?

<?php
/** 
* @package phpBB3
* @version $Id: index.php,v 1.175 2007/07/26 15:49:44 acydburn Exp $
* @copyright (c) 2005 phpBB Group 
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License 
*/

/**
* @ignore
*/
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_display.' . $phpEx);

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup('viewforum');
//-- mod : AJAX Chat ----------------------------------------------------
//-- add
include($phpbb_root_path . 'shout.' . $phpEx);
//-- fin mod : AJAX Chat ------------------------------------------------

display_forums('', $config['load_moderators']);

// Set some stats, get posts count from forums data if we... hum... retrieve all forums data
$total_posts	= $config['num_posts'];
$total_topics	= $config['num_topics'];
$total_users	= $config['num_users'];

$l_total_user_s = ($total_users == 0) ? 'TOTAL_USERS_ZERO' : 'TOTAL_USERS_OTHER';
$l_total_post_s = ($total_posts == 0) ? 'TOTAL_POSTS_ZERO' : 'TOTAL_POSTS_OTHER';
$l_total_topic_s = ($total_topics == 0) ? 'TOTAL_TOPICS_ZERO' : 'TOTAL_TOPICS_OTHER';

// Grab group details for legend display
if ($auth->acl_gets('a_group', 'a_groupadd', 'a_groupdel'))
{
	$sql = 'SELECT group_id, group_name, group_colour, group_type
		FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . '
		WHERE group_legend = 1
		ORDER BY group_name ASC';
}
else
{
	$sql = 'SELECT g.group_id, g.group_name, g.group_colour, g.group_type
		FROM ' . GROUPS_TABLE . ' g
		LEFT JOIN ' . USER_GROUP_TABLE . ' ug
			ON (
				g.group_id = ug.group_id
				AND ug.user_id = ' . $user->data['user_id'] . '
				AND ug.user_pending = 0
			)
		WHERE g.group_legend = 1
			AND (g.group_type <> ' . GROUP_HIDDEN . ' OR ug.user_id = ' . $user->data['user_id'] . ')
		ORDER BY g.group_name ASC';
}
$result = $db->sql_query($sql);

$legend = '';
while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
{
	$colour_text = ($row['group_colour']) ? ' style="color:#' . $row['group_colour'] . '"' : '';

if ($row['group_name'] == 'BOTS')
	{
		$legend .= (($legend != '') ? ', ' : '') . '<span' . $colour_text . '>' . $user->lang['G_BOTS'] . '</span>';
	}
	else
	{
		$legend .= (($legend != '') ? ', ' : '') . '<a' . $colour_text . ' href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=group&g=' . $row['group_id']) . '">' . (($row['group_type'] == GROUP_SPECIAL) ? $user->lang['G_' . $row['group_name']] : $row['group_name']) . '</a>';
	}
}
$db->sql_freeresult($result);

// Generate the announcement data
$sql = 'SELECT * 
	FROM ' . ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE;
while ( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
{
	$announcement[$row['announcement_desc']] = $row['announcement_value'];
}

// Generate birthday list if required ...
$birthday_list = '';
if ($config['load_birthdays'] && $config['allow_birthdays'])
{
	$now = getdate(time() + $user->timezone + $user->dst - date('Z'));
	$sql = 'SELECT user_id, username, user_colour, user_birthday, user_avatar, user_avatar_type
		FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . "
		WHERE user_birthday LIKE '" . $db->sql_escape(sprintf('%2d-%2d-', $now['mday'], $now['mon'])) . "%'
			AND user_type IN (" . USER_NORMAL . ', ' . USER_FOUNDER . ')';

while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
	{
		$birthday_list .= (($birthday_list != '') ? ', ' : '') . get_username_string('full', $row['user_id'], $row['username'], $row['user_colour']);

if ($age = (int) substr($row['user_birthday'], -4))
		{
			$birthday_list .= ' (' . ($now['year'] - $age) . ')';
		}

//obtain the avatar and username for the birthday announcements
				$template->assign_block_vars('bdannounce', array(
				'AVATAR'	=> get_user_avatar($row['user_avatar'], $row['user_avatar_type'], 40,'', $row['username']),
				'USERNAME'	=> get_username_string('full', $row['user_id'], $row['username'], $row['user_colour'])));
}
	$db->sql_freeresult($result);
}

//Announcement Centre by lefty74
if ( $user->data['user_id'] == 1 && $announcement['announcement_show'] == 2 ) // Guests only
{
$announcement_show = 1;
$announcement_show_everyone_guests = 1;
}
elseif ( $user->data['user_id'] != 1 && $announcement['announcement_show'] == 0 ) // Members only
{
$announcement_show = 1;
$announcement_show_everyone_guests = 0;
}
elseif ( $announcement['announcement_show'] == 1 ) // Everyone
{
$announcement_show = 1;
$announcement_show_everyone_guests = 1;
}
else 
{
$announcement_show = 0;
$announcement_show_everyone_guests = 0;
}

// Assign index specific vars
$template->assign_vars(array(
	'TOTAL_POSTS'	=> sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_post_s], $total_posts),
	'TOTAL_TOPICS'	=> sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_topic_s], $total_topics),
	'TOTAL_USERS'	=> sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_user_s], $total_users),
	'NEWEST_USER'	=> sprintf($user->lang['NEWEST_USER'], get_username_string('full', $config['newest_user_id'], $config['newest_username'], $config['newest_user_colour'])),

'LEGEND'		=> $legend,
	'BIRTHDAY_LIST'	=> $birthday_list,

'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT' 			=> get_announcement($announcement['announcement_text']),
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS'		=> get_announcement($announcement['announcement_text_guests']),
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE' 			=> $announcement['announcement_title'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS' 	=> $announcement['announcement_title_guests'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE' 			=> $announcement['announcement_enable'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS' 	=> $announcement['announcement_enable_guests'],
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW' 			=> $announcement_show,
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE' 	=> $announcement_show_everyone_guests,
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAY'	=> ( ($birthday_list != '') && ($announcement['announcement_show_birthdays'])) ? true : false,
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_AVATAR'	=> ($announcement['announcement_birthday_avatar']) ? true : false,

'FORUM_IMG'				=> $user->img('forum_read', 'NO_NEW_POSTS'),
	'FORUM_NEW_IMG'			=> $user->img('forum_unread', 'NEW_POSTS'),
	'FORUM_LOCKED_IMG'		=> $user->img('forum_read_locked', 'NO_NEW_POSTS_LOCKED'),
	'FORUM_NEW_LOCKED_IMG'	=> $user->img('forum_unread_locked', 'NO_NEW_POSTS_LOCKED'),

'S_LOGIN_ACTION'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=login'),
	'S_DISPLAY_BIRTHDAY_LIST'	=> ($config['load_birthdays']) ? true : false,

'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'mark=forums') : '',
	'U_MCP'				=> ($auth->acl_get('m_') || $auth->acl_getf_global('m_')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}mcp.$phpEx", 'i=main&mode=front', true, $user->session_id) : '')
);

// Output page
page_header($user->lang['INDEX']);

$template->set_filenames(array(
	'body' => 'index_body.html')
);

page_footer();

?>

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”