[MODDB] ACP Announcement Centre 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [BETA] ACP Announcement Centre 0.0.1a

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi chadtm80,

I just downloaded the MOD and found this (within 2 minutes):

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable_guests', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_show', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_title', 'Site Announcements');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_text', '[color=red][b]Site Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :mrgreen:');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_title_guests', 'Guest Announcements');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_text_guests', '[color=green][b]Guest Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :wink:');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_preview', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_preview_guests', '');
I'm not absolutely sure.. but yes, I do think the MOD requires database changes. ;)

Regards
Wolfgang

EDIT: You have to run the queries with phpMyAdmin or a similar tool. If the prefix of your tables is not phpbb_ than please adapt the SQL instructions. And you can open .xml files with your browser. Good luck.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thanks IPB_Refugee for helping out :)
chadtm80 wrote:I did download it and look at it.. And there is a DB section on there... But gives no instructions for that section so I was/am un aware if there is somthing that has to be done. Thanks for being a smart... ah nevermind. if anyone can help me I would appreciate it
What browser are you using to view the install instructions, i can see the install instructions without any problems.
RedTrinity wrote:
Kleopatras_Sister wrote:
lefty74 wrote: but it changed the other info rows in the tables to BLOB data which confused me.

Right now I do not know.. I will let you know as soon as I have the answer...
that would be nice :)

i hope you can made it, because 255 is to few :(

Kind regards
I agree, I was using another announcement MOD for our old forum and it had unlimited characters which was very useful for longer announcements. Finding it VERY hard to work with the limitations of characters with this one.

Would also like to put a request in that the solution be sought asap.

Otherwise am very happy with this MOD, well done :)
I have started working on that... it will take a bit though...
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Lefty74,

Maybe it would be interesting to have a possibility to show announcements to usergroups as well? So not only guest, memebers and all but specify e.g. moderators or admins or any created usergroup so that only they see the announcement. Do you think such a thing would be possible? :)

Grtz,

Nic
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

saaiberke wrote:Lefty74,

Maybe it would be interesting to have a possibility to show announcements to usergroups as well? So not only guest, memebers and all but specify e.g. moderators or admins or any created usergroup so that only they see the announcement. Do you think such a thing would be possible? :)

Grtz,

Nic
hi,
i did something similar for the phpbb2 version but do not think it was that useful.

It probably is possible to include that but I don't know enough of phpbb3 to do that. i hope one day to see the light and all the code makes sense ;) the mod/admin part does not seem to be as easy as it was on phpbb2 where u had it as user_level.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Then I hope you see the light soon ;) lol :)

Grtz and thanks for an already great mod!

Nic
Kleopatras_Sister

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

*push*

i need more then only 250 carakters

:)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

sorry, have not been able to work on this much lately. time is currently limited and i need to prioritise ... please bear with me though, i do want this myself once I have a live phpbb3 board so eventually it will happen.
lefty74
Kleopatras_Sister

Post by Kleopatras_Sister »

ok, thank you for your answer
i can wait for it :)

regards
.:: Chico ::.

Post by .:: Chico ::. »

Left,
One Sugestion: what do you think about to create a randomic announcement, like a "tip of the day" and the information will change after a new page load.

Bye
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

How do I do the SQL changes? I can do all the edits easy, just Im new to all this stuff still.
draknight

Post by draknight »

Have you a french version for ACP Announcement Centre?

Because i don't understand everything :cry: .

Just the file in language in "language\fr ..."
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

.:: Chico ::. wrote:Left,
One Sugestion: what do you think about to create a randomic announcement, like a "tip of the day" and the information will change after a new page load.

Bye
thanks i will bear that in mind but cannot promise anything, i dont want this too get too big and complicated to support
cyb0rg wrote:How do I do the SQL changes? I can do all the edits easy, just Im new to all this stuff still.
try this post
post from area51
it explains how to do execute sql statements, your control panel might be slightly different but once you find phpmyadmin you should be ok.
draknight wrote:Have you a french version for ACP Announcement Centre?

Because i don't understand everything :cry: .

Just the file in language in "language\fr ..."
no, i am afraid someone else would have to translate it into french, my french is not good enough.nsorry, maybe someone who had done the translation will share his/her copy with you ;)
lefty74
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

Ok thanks, I knew I had to use that but I couldnt find it on my cpanel, but not to worry I just did, it was tiney winey link
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

great,
yeah, the link seems hidden away sometimes doesnt it
lefty74
IPlasma

Post by IPlasma »

@draknight
i posted a French translation here, second attachment

http://forum.phpbb.biz/traductions-de-q ... 42575.html

@Lefty,
is there any risk to enable URLs ? I saw you didnt.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”