[RC1] Prime Birthdate - Require on Registration

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Prime Birthdate (0.1.1) Require on Registration

Post by primehalo »

stopgo wrote:I installed this Mod (twice) but I have a strange problem. Whenever I click on the "I Agree To These Terms" button at the bottom of the registration terms page I'm re-directed right back to that same page. No php or MySQL errors are kicked up... it's as though the link to the actual registration page is somehow ginked up and I can't figure out where that link is so that I can confirm/edit it.

http://tag.dreamhosters.com/public_html ... /index.php

Any ideas where I may have screwed up?
Did you do the prosilver installation as well? I checked your page and I'm not seeing the birthdate form field that should show up (unless you have the Allow Birthday setting turned off). If you have the Allow Birthday setting turned on, then my guess is you didn't do the prosilver part of the installation, and when you hit the button it's returning with an invalid birthdate error because the user couldn't enter a birthdate.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

stopgo

Post by stopgo »

Thanks for the advice. I've checked that Allow Birthdates is enable (it wasn't previously) and I *think* all the ACP stuff is good to go, but still no luck.

As far as editing ProSilver I'm confused. I'm using ProDarkblue but haven't touched any of the ProSilver files and can't see anywhere in the install instructions for any of the three versions of this mod that requires me to. Do I have to perform the install on the ProSilver files as well as the ProDarkblue files?

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

stopgo wrote:Thanks for the advice. I've checked that Allow Birthdates is enable (it wasn't previously) and I *think* all the ACP stuff is good to go, but still no luck.

As far as editing ProSilver I'm confused. I'm using ProDarkblue but haven't touched any of the ProSilver files and can't see anywhere in the install instructions for any of the three versions of this mod that requires me to. Do I have to perform the install on the ProSilver files as well as the ProDarkblue files?
The MOD requires the editing of your template files. I've provided the instructions for editing the default templates, prosilver and subsilver2. If you use other templates, you'll need to look at the template install instructions and try to adapt them for your templates. I assume prodarkblue is similar to prosilver, so there shouldn't be too much difference in the install instructions.
Ken F. Innes IV

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

Sylwia wrote:
stopgo wrote:I installed this Mod (twice) but I have a strange problem. Whenever I click on the "I Agree To These Terms" button at the bottom of the registration terms page I'm re-directed right back to that same page. No php or MySQL errors are kicked up... it's as though the link to the actual registration page is somehow ginked up and I can't figure out where that link is so that I can confirm/edit it.

http://tag.dreamhosters.com/public_html ... /index.php

Any ideas where I may have screwed up?
You didn't edit styles - the html files in template folder.
I did the same mistake when installing this hack the first time, and yet I have lot of experience when it comes to installing hacks. So my point is that maybe you should be more clear on this in the install text file.

Hunter_wow

Post by Hunter_wow »

This is exactly what I was seartching for. Great work! But this is first MOD I install in many years and in the "Prime Birthdate Require.zip" file I can only find .xml files and a .php file and no "intructions" that you are talking about. Have I missed something? Dont even know where to put the "templates" files(dont have any map of that kind). Thanks in advance.....

playerfr

Post by playerfr »

open XML file with your browser and you ll have a surprise ;)
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

Hunter_wow

Post by Hunter_wow »

Tons of thanks. Took just a few minutes when I found the instructions. In the old days there where always a .txt file =P. Have to say that .xml was really nice. GJ

But now I just got one problem: In my memberlist I had the age of the members displayed by {memberrow.AGE}.
Any idea how I should display the age now? {memberrow.PROFILE_XXXXX_VALUE} ?

stopgo

Post by stopgo »

Got it! Thanks for the support everyone. Once I realized that I had to read the .xml file in the "templates" folder I was good to go.

WHEW! :D

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Hunter_wow wrote:Tons of thanks. Took just a few minutes when I found the instructions. In the old days there where always a .txt file =P. Have to say that .xml was really nice. GJ

But now I just got one problem: In my memberlist I had the age of the members displayed by {memberrow.AGE}.
Any idea how I should display the age now? {memberrow.PROFILE_XXXXX_VALUE} ?
It should display the just like you had it.
Ken F. Innes IV

Hunter_wow

Post by Hunter_wow »

Ah, Sorry. Missed the "Display Age" setting. Not "Yes" by defult? =(

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Hunter_wow wrote:Ah, Sorry. Missed the "Display Age" setting. Not "Yes" by defult? =(
Definitely not. We wouldn't want to display a user's age unless they specifically say it is okay to do so.
Ken F. Innes IV

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

azzurri wrote:I was thinking, wouldnt it be better not to congratulate at all if a user wants his birth date to be anonymous? Is this possible?
Do you think this is a good idea?

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

azzurri wrote:
azzurri wrote:I was thinking, wouldnt it be better not to congratulate at all if a user wants his birth date to be anonymous? Is this possible?
Do you think this is a good idea?
I have just added another option so a user can choose not to have their name listed in the congratulations list.
Ken F. Innes IV

azzurri

Re: [BETA] Prime Birthdate (0.1.2) Require on Registration

Post by azzurri »

Alright, should I use contrib update 0.1.1 to 0.1.2 then? Seems to be a lot of code changes.

playerfr

Re: [BETA] Prime Birthdate (0.1.2) Require on Registration

Post by playerfr »

Nice to see an other version release of this Mod :) it is quite active topic :D Now it is time for me to install it :P
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”