[MODDB] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Locked
swbfguy
Registered User
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by swbfguy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:38 pm

a thread was created using the "Contact Admin" mod. I no longer needed the thread, so I permanently deleted it.

running 3.0.1 and i haven't updated the Trash Bin Mod yet (0.2.19) will be updating soon, but wanted to post this error.

said topic remains on the topic list, but trying to view it returns "topic doesn't exist"

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

[0]

SQL

No values specified for SQL IN comparison

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 385
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_autogroup.php
LINE: 49
CALL: dbal->sql_in_set()

FILE: includes/functions_admin.php
LINE: 725
CALL: auto_group()

FILE: includes/functions_admin.php
LINE: 551
CALL: delete_posts()

FILE: includes/mcp/mcp_main.php
LINE: 829
CALL: delete_topics()

FILE: includes/mcp/mcp_main.php
LINE: 130
CALL: mcp_delete_topic()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: mcp_main->main()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 766
CALL: p_master->load_active()

FILE: mcp.php
LINE: 175
CALL: p_master->load()

User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by primehalo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:34 pm

When permanently deleting, my functions don't actually do any processing, they just return so that the board's normal deletion routines can occur. From that backtrace, it looks like the error might be originating from within functions_autogroup.php.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

swbfguy
Registered User
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by swbfguy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:53 pm

i think i figured it out.

with the Contact Board Admin mod, whenever someone uses it, a thread is started in a special forum. I assigned a group to this forum and didn't give the group permission to delete topics. Even though Im admin, I gave myself the group designation, so i should've been able to delete it as an admin, but because I couldn't as a group member, I got the error. at least that's my theory.

thanks for giving me an idea of what to look at, though

zelnik44
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 4:53 pm

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by zelnik44 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Primehalo,

I'm hoping you can give me some pointers of where to look for the following:

Since upgrading to 3.0.2 and having to redo some of the edits when i 'softdelete' a post it has the reason twice.

Like this:
This topic was deleted
PostThis topic was deleted by zel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:08 pm.
Reason: test
Undelete this topic | Permanently delete this topic

This topic was deleted
PostThis topic was deleted by zel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:08 pm.
Reason: test
Undelete this topic | Permanently delete this topic
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by primehalo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 am

zelnik44 wrote:Primehalo,

I'm hoping you can give me some pointers of where to look for the following:

Since upgrading to 3.0.2 and having to redo some of the edits when i 'softdelete' a post it has the reason twice.

Like this:
This topic was deleted
PostThis topic was deleted by zel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:08 pm.
Reason: test
Undelete this topic | Permanently delete this topic

This topic was deleted
PostThis topic was deleted by zel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:08 pm.
Reason: test
Undelete this topic | Permanently delete this topic
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
It's hard to say... and since something is definitely messed up I would suggest going through the instructions again completely, as even if I could narrow down a place to look, who knows what else got messed up during the upgrade. But if you REALLY want a suggestion, then try looking at the part of the instruction that deal with "set_stifled_topic_template_vars".
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

User avatar
IPB_Refugee
Registered User
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by IPB_Refugee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi Ken,

a really amazing MOD! :D I installed it today and there seems to be just one small bug. I guess, it's the same bug zelnik44 described.

As testuser, I wrote a message and deleted it afterwards. Then I logged in as admin and went to the moderation log (maybe it's called protocol instead of log) in MCP. And there the deletion done by the testuser appears twice although just one message has been deleted:

Image

On the main page of the MCP the deletion appears also twice in "Last 5 logged actions".


What would make your MOD just perfect in my opinion: a new page in MCP with an overview of all deleted messages (just messages, not topics - for topics there is the trashbin forum) where I can perform (mass) actions on them like restoring the marked messages or deleting them forever.

Kind regards
Wolfgang

ihermit
Registered User
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:26 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by ihermit » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:39 pm

It's working fine for me. ( I installed with seven mod installer)

User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by primehalo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:16 pm

IPB_Refugee wrote:Hi Ken,

a really amazing MOD! :D I installed it today and there seems to be just one small bug. I guess, it's the same bug zelnik44 described.

As testuser, I wrote a message and deleted it afterwards. Then I logged in as admin and went to the moderation log (maybe it's called protocol instead of log) in MCP. And there the deletion done by the testuser appears twice although just one message has been deleted:

Image

On the main page of the MCP the deletion appears also twice in "Last 5 logged actions".


What would make your MOD just perfect in my opinion: a new page in MCP with an overview of all deleted messages (just messages, not topics - for topics there is the trashbin forum) where I can perform (mass) actions on them like restoring the marked messages or deleting them forever.

Kind regards
Wolfgang
Fixed in 1.0.2, just overwrite prime_trash_bin_2.php
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

User avatar
IPB_Refugee
Registered User
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Austria
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by IPB_Refugee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:31 pm

primehalo wrote:Fixed in 1.0.2, just overwrite prime_trash_bin_2.php
I overwrote both files in includes folder and the bug disappeared - many thanks! :)

Regards
Wolfgang

User avatar
Sunka
Registered User
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Croatia, Zvoneca

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by Sunka » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:55 am

Primehalo, how to update from v1.0.1 to v1.0.2?
There is not upgrade instructions in contrib folder for that.

User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by primehalo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:00 am

Sunka wrote:Primehalo, how to update from v1.0.1 to v1.0.2?
There is not upgrade instructions in contrib folder for that.
Overwrite includes/prime_trash_bin_2.php
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

User avatar
Jaga
Registered User
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by Jaga » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:36 pm

That's the nice thing about most of Prime's work - he keeps core phpBB file edits small, so most upgrades are simply a matter of copy up the new files added by the mod and overwriting those on the server.

tupeu
Registered User
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: roFLmania
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by tupeu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:10 pm

I installed this whit Seven MODX Installer - 0.3.0.0 (because it takes about 10 seconds to do it :D )
and it works ok, the only thing i noticed unusual is that deleted topic message appears twice in the recycle bin forum, see the photo please !

Image

User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by primehalo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:45 pm

I don't see why that should be happening. Can you go check the edits manually to make sure they were all done correctly?
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts

Post by spaceace » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:21 pm

i've been trying to figure out how to have it set that only founders can permanently delete posts/topics and not other admins. i've been all over the permissions and other admins can still delete posts :x

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”