[RC] Prime Post Revisions - View all edits to posts

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: [RC] Prime Post Revisions - View all edits to posts

Post by primehalo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:39 am

The latest one is the one that is currently available for download (I don't remember the version number). It hasn't been approved because I don't think I've submitted it yet.

Is anyone else having these same problems, or is it just you that's having these issues?
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

sova

Post by sova » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Ken!
Nice MOD you've got here. Thanks for your time spent on it!

And I've got two questions.
  1. I suppose, this MOD stores the entire text of a given revision of a post, right? How hard is it to make it store delta between two revisions? I'm very-very far from being an expert in PHP, but I've seen someone here talking about some built-in Diff function in PHP. Perhaps, one can use it (I'm not sure if one can, though) to compute a difference between revisions which can later be utilized to reconstruct a former version from a latter one. What do you think?
  2. How about making every revision not only visible to and selectable by anyone (if configured that way), but also addressable, so that one could use its address in regular links like one does with any post?

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:02 am

Both ideas are valid, but they also take time and it currently functions good enough for me so I don't have much of an incentive to spend the time on it. Got lots of other things that need my attention more.
Ken F. Innes IV

demon327

Post by demon327 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

sova wrote:Hi Ken!
Nice MOD you've got here. Thanks for your time spent on it!

And I've got two questions.
  1. I suppose, this MOD stores the entire text of a given revision of a post, right? How hard is it to make it store delta between two revisions? I'm very-very far from being an expert in PHP, but I've seen someone here talking about some built-in Diff function in PHP. Perhaps, one can use it (I'm not sure if one can, though) to compute a difference between revisions which can later be utilized to reconstruct a former version from a latter one. What do you think?
Phpbb3 comes with a diff engine by default, it's used by the updater to check the difference between the files. it can be found here; <forum root path>\includes\diff

but don't ask me how to use it, don't know anything about coding, but maybe you can ask in the mod request if somebody can make the feature in this mod, with prime halo is permission ;)

loers

Post by loers » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:23 pm

hi, is there a possibility to "detect" that the viewtopic_template is used at this moment to view the post revisions?

background: i change the layout of firstpost with <!-- IF postrow.S_ROW_COUNT eq 0 -->

on the revisionspage of the firstpost, the actual version is displayed with changed layout
but any other version/postrow is displayed with normal layout

so if i could "if" something what is already defined by the mod this would be great

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:02 am

I just updated, adding a template variable VIEWING_REVISIONS to allow you to determine if you're viewing a revisions page.
Ken F. Innes IV

pawelooss

Post by pawelooss » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:59 pm

primehalo, in your polish translation file there are not any diacritical marks. There are only their Latin equivalents. :P

Look, this is correctly: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11383925
phpBB3 fan! ;)

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:14 am

Alright, got it updated.
Ken F. Innes IV

gunwitch

Any Control Panel for this great mod?

Post by gunwitch » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:22 am

primehalo
First of all I would like to say thank you for this mod - functionality it offers is very, very useful.

And also I want to ask about the following:

I have installed the mod and everything seems to be OK - no errors and I see post history when clicking appropriate link below the edited message.

But I'm unable to find anything similar to the Control Panel for this mod.

I would like to allow viewing of post revisions only for administrators (you have mentioned user permissions support), but can't find where I can do that.
Also is it possible to see a list of all edited posts in one place? (like moderator log, but with the direct links to edited messages)

I have looked all over the ACP and Moderator CP (cache purged), but unable to find any Control Panel.

P.S.
If you have any manual for this mod feel free just to post a link and I will find all the answers by myself.

P.P.S.
I'm running phpBB 3.0.6 and using the latest version of PPR (1.2.5)

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:08 am

There is no control panel area for this MOD, you change settings by editing the options in the prime_post_revisions.php file. And sorry, there is currently no way to view all edited posts in a single location.
Ken F. Innes IV

loers

Post by loers » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 pm

primehalo wrote:I just updated, adding a template variable VIEWING_REVISIONS to allow you to determine if you're viewing a revisions page.
great!
works perfectly, thank you very much

i use this var also to not display quickreply and pagination

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not VIEWING_REVISIONS -->
<!-- IF S_QUICK_REPLY -->
	<!-- INCLUDE quickreply_editor.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not VIEWING_REVISIONS -->
  <!-- IF PAGINATION or TOTAL_POSTS -->
	 <div class="pagination">
		{TOTAL_POSTS}
		<!-- IF PAGE_NUMBER --><!-- IF PAGINATION --> &bull; <a href="#" onclick="jumpto(); return false;" title="{L_JUMP_TO_PAGE}">{PAGE_NUMBER}</a> &bull; <span>{PAGINATION}</span><!-- ELSE --> &bull; {PAGE_NUMBER}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
	 </div>
  <!-- ENDIF -->
  <!-- ENDIF -->

gunwitch

Disallow viewing post revisions to everyone, except Admin?

Post by gunwitch » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:14 pm

primehalo wrote:There is no control panel area for this MOD, you change settings by editing the options in the prime_post_revisions.php file.
Thank you for your response, Ken.

I have checked prime_post_revisions.php file and found the options section.
There are 9 pre-defined parameters, but what I have to do if I want to allow viewing post revisions for the Administrator only?

Can I just add anything like define('APPROVE_VIEWING_MODERATOR', false); or this will require additional code editing?

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Adding your own defines won't do anything, new options have to be coded. The way it is set up now, any user with the permissions to view information about the post can also view the history. So if you remove that permission from moderators then they won't be able to see revisions.
Ken F. Innes IV

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:20 am

I've just installed this on a 3.0.6 board, and the 'view post history' link is appearing on edited posts, but when I click on it I get the error message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_post_revisions.php on line 438: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array

I have this installed on another 3.0.6 where it works beautifully. The only difference I can see between the two is that this board has a different database prefix (ie not phpbb_). I altered the prefix in the sql instruction - maybe I missed something else I needed to change?

Help gratefully received!
Getting braver all the time. :D

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:50 am

Does anyone know how I can get this working with this mod?

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ajax_quick_edit/
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”