[BETA] Account Links

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
infinitiv
Name: Ficjusz

Re: [BETA] Account Links

Post by infinitiv »

Hello, Drakkim, do you plan to convert this extension to 3.1.X?
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

I haven't had time to give it much thought, but I will probably update the mod... not on my timetable at the moment, though.
Anise1976

Post by Anise1976 »

I'd definitely be interested for 3.1 - on 2 of my boards, it's an essential, and I can't update until I have account switcher!
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Just to let you guys know, I have started working on a version of this mod for 3.1. I don't really have a time table, yet... but work has started.
infinitiv

Post by infinitiv »

Glad to hear that, please inform us if anything moves.
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Slow going atm. Restoring a lot of backups after a failed hard drive... but I will post here once I have usable progress!
infinitiv

Post by infinitiv »

Drakkim wrote:Slow going atm. Restoring a lot of backups after a failed hard drive... but I will post here once I have usable progress!
Just letting you know I'm still around...
Anise1976

Post by Anise1976 »

As am I!
SuperGirl28

Post by SuperGirl28 »

Hi there! I am attempting to link accounts on my new Star Wars board. We are currently using phpBB 3.1

I was wondering if this has been updated as of recently to be compatible with that? If so, awesome! If not can someone point me in the direction I could find linking accounts for 3.1

Thank you <3
Court

Post by Court »

I'm trying to change the color of the drop down box and maybe the location.. I've been scanning the Template files but I couldn't find anything..any help would be appreciated!
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

SuperGirl28 wrote:Hi there! I am attempting to link accounts on my new Star Wars board. We are currently using phpBB 3.1

I was wondering if this has been updated as of recently to be compatible with that? If so, awesome! If not can someone point me in the direction I could find linking accounts for 3.1

Thank you <3
I'm working (slowly) on a 3.1 version of the mod.
Court wrote:I'm trying to change the color of the drop down box and maybe the location.. I've been scanning the Template files but I couldn't find anything..any help would be appreciated!
To move the drop-down, edit \styles\<style_name>\template\overall_header.html, find

Code: Select all

"<!-- INCLUDE account_link_form.html -->
" and move it to another spot in the file.

To add styling to the drop-down, either add a class to whatever container the INCLUDE is in (example:

Code: Select all

<li class="colorme"><!-- INCLUDE account_link_form.html --></li>
and add the appropriate CSS or edit the drop-down itself in the file \styles\<style_name>\template\linked_acct_form.html
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Just a quick update so you don't think I've abandoned you guys... I've got the user switching itself working in 3.1. Now I just have to build the new UCP and ACP stuff to get it usable.
Dakayl

Post by Dakayl »

Any update?
I'm the president of a french LARP group.
I want to update our forum, and we really need the Account Links, we use it on a daily basis :)

PS : This mod rocks btw.
Dakayl

Post by Dakayl »

As it seems to be dead, we may require another option so I guess we might continue discussion there : viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2300641&p=14175391#p14175391
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Not dead, exactly. Just too many higher priorities. 60-ish hour work weeks being one lately. It is good to see someone else taking up the torch, though. I'd be more than happy to be a contributor to the new mod, rather than the sole maintainer... I actually have all of the back end stuff working in 3.1 (i.o.w. you can switch accounts if they are hand linked in the database)... just not the parts that let you manage the links. I ran into problems getting the necessary parts of the mod to load on every page and never even got around to making the pages to manage links (link accounts, break links, etc)

If you want to pick up the torch from there, I can give you what I've got. All I ask is that I still get some credit as an author/contributor :-)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”