[BETA] Account Links

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: [BETA] Account Links

Post by Jessica »

did you refresh your browser? try that, and/or purge the cache, style templates
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

christopph34r

Post by christopph34r »

yeah, refreshing didnt do anything, i ran the account_link_install.php thing again, and it said "language file ./language/en/mods/account_link.php.php couldn't be opened." so i made a copy of account_link.php and renamed it to account_link.php.php and ran it again, and it installed correctly, and now it works fine... who knows, lol

thanks for the help!

Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Sorry I didn't catch this before. I've been between computer failures. Fun stuff. But it looks like I'm declaring a language file with the extension (.php) and I'm not supposed to. I'll fix that and get it updated as soon as I get all my dev tools reinstalled (again)

Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Fixed the language error reported by christopph34r and a new version is available. If you've got it working and are not on phpBB 3.0.6 (which you really shouldn't be... update, guys!) then there's no need to update at this time.

Namor76

Post by Namor76 »

for sone strange reason... whenever i try installing this mod.... everything disappears? it turns into a blank white page

Z.R.

Post by Z.R. »

Namor76 wrote:for sone strange reason... whenever i try installing this mod.... everything disappears? it turns into a blank white page
This just happened to me as well when I was updating from an older version. I didn't make any additional edits - just uploaded/replaced all the old included files and now the whole page is just.. gone.

I've no idea what went wrong. Even tried removing the include of the account link form and it's still a blank page. Any idea what's happening?

Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Sorry for the delayed response...

Open up the file language\en\mods\account_link.php
go down to line 66 and delete the semi-colon (;) at the end of the line.

Sorry!

For future reference, an easy way to troubleshoot a blank page problem is to open up config.php and take the slashes out of the last 3 lines, so it looks like this:

Code: Select all

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
?>
That will make phpBB tell you where the error is instead of just giving you a blank page. Just make sure you put it back when you're done because it will mess up some pages and can cause security issues leaving debug mode on.

New version with this fix is on the download site.

-Michael

Yros

Post by Yros »

Great mod, that's all I find to say. Little question : why is it the version 0.7.6 on the files & so but shown as 0.7.5 when installing ? x) I'd like to know if you'd agree to adapt' your mod for another forum based on phpBB but with different options (offering quiet more possibilities for RP forums ^^'). If you're interested, please PM me with contact info (msn/skype ?). Anyway, thanks for this useful mod ;)

Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Yros wrote:Great mod, that's all I find to say. Little question : why is it the version 0.7.6 on the files & so but shown as 0.7.5 when installing ?
That'd be because I forgot to fix that in the install.xml. Not the first time. But I'm hoping that's the worst mistake I made in this release :-)
Yros wrote:I'd like to know if you'd agree to adapt' your mod for another forum based on phpBB but with different options (offering quiet more possibilities for RP forums ^^').
The depends entirely on how far removed "another forum" is from phpBB. Odds are good if it's based on phpBB3 then it'll just work. You may have to install it manually, but, to be honest, there's not much core file editing. Feel free to PM me with any details.

Yros

Post by Yros »

If you could PM me instead with contact info (because I can't PM with less than 5 posts). Beside, the forum is " first " based on phpbb 2.x but has its own core code and now made many changes to get closer from phpBB 3 as well so it might not be hard to update the core files to edit BUT the variables & so you used in your files might not fit =/

lv.insanity

Post by lv.insanity »

Hello. I am having trouble installing your mod.

I get the error

"The Find specified by the MOD could not be found" in "styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html"
"Find
<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_REGISTER_ENABLED --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->

Add After
<li><!-- INCLUDE account_link_form.html --></li>"

I search for the string in overall_header.html, I find nothing. So I suppose my question is, where exactly would I put it?

Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Grr! Evidently that's a change that didn't make it to the package. Download is updated now, just grab version 0.7.7. (and I fixed the version number this time, too...)

fiordhraoi

Post by fiordhraoi »

Hello,

I attempted to install this mod today. I ran into a couple problems, and the only similar mention I saw of them was back in 2008, so I am sure a lot of things have changed.

I'm not horrible, but I will admit I'm mostly a PHP noob, so please bear with me. :)

1) I receive the following error in the UCP under the Manage Linked Accounts module.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php:1)

2) I am able to link two accounts. However, when I switch from Account 1, it says "you have successfully logged on to Account2," but as soon as I leave that page I'm immediately back on Account 1. Is this a cookie issue of some sort?

Thanks for the help!

ADDENDUM:

The two accounts I linked, after I logged out, can no longer log in at all. They successfully log in, and then immediately log out again.

Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

fiordhraoi wrote:1) I receive the following error in the UCP under the Manage Linked Accounts module.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php:1) 
This is generally caused by a blank line at the beginning of the file mentioned in the 'output started at...' section. The version of the file I uploaded doesn't have that problem, but please check your version for that. Nothing should be before the <?php at the beginning of the file.
fiordhraoi wrote:2) I am able to link two accounts. However, when I switch from Account 1, it says "you have successfully logged on to Account2," but as soon as I leave that page I'm immediately back on Account 1. Is this a cookie issue of some sort?
This is usually an issue with the cookie path setting. Unless there is a really good reason, it should usually be set to "/" which makes the cookie good for the entire site.
fiordhraoi wrote:The two accounts I linked, after I logged out, can no longer log in at all. They successfully log in, and then immediately log out again.
Also likely cookie related. From the index page of your board, click the "Delete all board cookies" link and try to log in again. If that doesn't work, you'll need to clear your browser's cookies. When I've seen this problem in the past was right after an admin changed the cookie path (this can potentially set up 2 cookies that are readable, but have different information, but phpBB can only write or delete the one currently set in the ACP)

You might also try to log in from a different browser/computer, change the cookie path back to "/" and change the cookie name. Then the old cookies will just be ignored. As a nice rule of thumb, if you change the cookie path, change the cookie name just to be safe.

If you have any other problems (or if this doesn't help) PM me with the address of your board (or post it here) so I can look for myself.

fiordhraoi

Post by fiordhraoi »

Posting this here so others have a reference if they run into the same thing:

This is the beginning of ucp_account_link.php

<?php
/**
* @author Michael Flenniken, Jr drakkim@conclavewiz.com
* @package ucp
Nothing at all on the first line aside from the php.

I reinstalled the mod, and this time I'm getting the same error pointing to /includes/functions_account_link.php. Checked that, and again, nothing on the first line aside from <?php .

I found if I move the section as follows:

// Begin Account Link Mod
	require_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_account_link.' . $phpEx);
	account_link_form ();
	// End Account Link Mod
from where it is to AFTER the return; just beneath, the error goes away, but that may just be because it's not functioning at all, not sure.

Edit:

Finally, after linking two accounts successfully, but still being unable to successfully switch between them, I attempted to unlink them. This came up:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'log_operation' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_log (user_id, log_ip, log_time, log_operation, log_data, log_type, reportee_id) VALUES ('333', '96.238.62.234', 1319335162, NULL, 'a:1:{i:0;s:0:\"\";}', 3, 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 3335
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php
LINE: 133
CALL: add_log()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507