[BETA] Account Links

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Drakkim

Re: [BETA] Account Links

Post by Drakkim »

Okay, I have tried and cannot duplicate the "Cannot modify header information" error, but I made a change to the files you mentioned in the latest package. See if that helps.
fiordhraoi wrote:I found if I move the section as follows:

Code: Select all

// Begin Account Link Mod
	require_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_account_link.' . $phpEx);
	account_link_form ();
	// End Account Link Mod
from where it is to AFTER the return; just beneath, the error goes away, but that may just be because it's not functioning at all, not sure.
You're exactly right - moving that code after the return makes it not run - you won't be able to use the switch accounts drop down from anywhere except the UCP/MCP modules. That bit of code is so that you can add a drop-down to the other pages (usually in overall_header)
fiordhraoi wrote:Finally, after linking two accounts successfully, but still being unable to successfully switch between them, I attempted to unlink them. This came up:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'log_operation' cannot be null [1048]
Oops! that one was a typo in the file. Fixed for 0.7.8
fiordhraoi

Post by fiordhraoi »

I'll give it a go again tonight, and let you know. Thanks again for the help. :)
kitew

Post by kitew »

I've run into most of the errors already mentioned but have managed to fix them; this one I couldn't find here. I'm new to mods, so I'm unable to figure it out on my own.

This is the error:

General Error
Module file ./includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php does not contain correct class [ucp_account_link]
It happens when I try to go to the Manage Linked Accounts tab on the UCP. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

It looks to me like you've done a manual install (i.e. not using AutoMod) and didn't copy all the files over from the mod's root folder. Copy the files over again, this time make sure that all the files in the root folder make it into your forum root.
kitew

Post by kitew »

Ahh, I got it. I just restarted and went the AutoMod way, since I didn't know it even existed until your reply, haha.

Now I'm having the same problems as a few others, but I haven't been able to fix them;

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/account_link.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/account_link.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/account_link.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4592: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/mods/account_link.php:1)
This appears at the top of my Manage/Create Linked Accounts pages; I went and checked the account_link.php file and there is nothing preceeding <?php. I'm assuming this is just the part of the mod that places the extra account-change menu in the header, and if I can't figure out how to remove the errors I'd like to know what I need to delete in order to remove the extra menu entirely.

Secondly, while I am now able to link accounts I cannot stay switched between them. I tried your suggested about fixing the board's cookies as well as resetting my own, but nothing has worked.

Hope I'm not bugging you with my questions, and thanks for the help!
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

kitew and fiordhraoi> Do you have any other mods installed? I just installed version 0.7.8 on a clean install of phpBB 3.0.9 and had no problems. I've even tried to duplicate that error and I've not been able to. Go into your config.php and uncomment (remove the //) the last two lines; see if that makes any difference. Post back if you get any different errors after that, but don't leave those lines uncommented... they can potentially give a hacker information about your site.
kitew

Post by kitew »

I had no other mods installed, but I've just decided to start over with the forum and install everything before I work on the forum content and such. I think that may have been the problem, and maybe I got the files too confusing.

I'll return if I continue to have issues!
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

kitew wrote:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [b]/language/en[/b]/mods/account_link.php:1)
I just looked back and your problem was different from the previous one, and is easily duplicated. Most likely it was a bad upload to the server, but the language files have to be in a very specific format. most likely whatever you used to upload the files converted the file to Unicode, which phpBB chokes on. The forum spits out that error unless the language files are in Unicode without BOM. Note the part of your quote in bold; that's what tells me it's likely a BOM issue. (unless there's garbage at the beginning of the language file)
Dakin Quelia
Name: Daniel Chalsèche

Post by Dakin Quelia »

Hello,

I have a question about this MOD: Any users can logged to same account?

Best regards.
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly, but I'll try anyway...

This mod links groups of user accounts together so that one user can easily switch to all of their accounts. It is not intended to give multiple users access to the same accounts.

that help you?
Dakin Quelia
Name: Daniel Chalsèche

Post by Dakin Quelia »

I'd like that certains users can loggin on same NPC Account.

Ah okay. I'm undestanding. ;)
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

fiordhraoi wrote:1) I receive the following error in the UCP under the Manage Linked Accounts module.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/ucp/ucp_account_link.php:1) 
I believe I have finally (accidentally) duplicated this problem. It seems to be that transferring the file by FTP can do some nice conversions for you, and most FTP programs think they're doing you a favor. My recent experience was that WinSCP kindly converted a file from UTF-8 without BOM and Linux file endings to UTF-8 with BOM and Windows file endings. The line endings are irritating when I'm working on code later, but the BOM is an invisible bit of data that sometimes causes errors like the one above.

My point: Set whatever your FTP program is to always use Binary mode, that way it's sending exactly what you have to the server instead of converting files to what it thinks you want.
Peter86

Post by Peter86 »

This mod seems to be quite the thing a few friends and I are looking for. We want to make a RP-Forum.

But there a still a few questions:

- Can I register more than one account with a single E-Mail-Address? Not every user, who wants to create a few linked accounts has the same number of E-Mail-Addresses.

- An account can only be linked with one master account? I think so, but it could be, that two players want to share the same NPC.

- Can I see who the master user of a linked account is? That would be fine, but we were thinking about general profiles for Moderators/Administrators (like tale-teller and watcher) and in this case it could be good if the player don't exactly know by who he got scolded. It could prevent personal grudges and it also demonstrates the unity of the staff members.
Of course this implies, that you can share linked accounts.

Before a friend of mine found this great mod, I was also thinking about programming something similar by myself, but I'm not to sure if I could have managed to do this in this century. I'm not so bad at programming, but I'm a absolute newbie at PHP.
I was thinking about creating something like sub-accounts, for which you don't need to register, and which only shows avatar, user-name and a signature. But I think this would bring troublesome changes of modules of the original source-code and so your approach seems to be better. I'm realy curious to see the mod and how much it is what we are looking for.

If we decide to use phpBB3 and your mod we will need a German language package (to be honest I already created one in the quick and dirty way). If you are interested I could share it with you, when it is tested and refined.

If something is unclear because of my lack of English experience don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards
Peter
Drakkim

Post by Drakkim »

Peter86 wrote: - Can I register more than one account with a single E-Mail-Address? Not every user, who wants to create a few linked accounts has the same number of E-Mail-Addresses.
phpBB itself has this option now... in registration settings, I think.
Peter86 wrote: - An account can only be linked with one master account? I think so, but it could be, that two players want to share the same NPC.
No, this isn't supported yet. I'm still trying to figure out a way to do this and not cross the main accounts up.
Peter86 wrote: - Can I see who the master user of a linked account is? That would be fine, but we were thinking about general profiles for Moderators/Administrators (like tale-teller and watcher) and in this case it could be good if the player don't exactly know by who he got scolded. It could prevent personal grudges and it also demonstrates the unity of the staff members.
Of course this implies, that you can share linked accounts.
I haven't added anything that a normal user can see. The moderator version will have that ability, but I'm adding the ability to "blacklist" certain usernames... you add them to this list and they cannot show up on anywhere in the moderator version...[/quote]
Peter86 wrote:If we decide to use phpBB3 and your mod we will need a German language package (to be honest I already created one in the quick and dirty way). If you are interested I could share it with you, when it is tested and refined.
If you make a language pack I'd love to have it. the ones included are all out of date because the only useful language I know is English.
Peter86

Post by Peter86 »

If I have the option to enable more accounts per E-Mail that's fine.

Is it possible to name two linked accounts alike? I think that's how it is done in the RP-Forum, in which I'm playing currently. There are profiles (master account) from which you can register user-profiles (linked accounts). You can set a linked account to 'open'. By doing this you enable other users to register linked profiles with the same name (but other user-IDs I think).
Because I'm only user in this Forum I'm not to sure how exactly it is implemented.

And the language pack is the least I can do, if I can use such a great mod in return. To translate the contents of the array_merge from the English version is the right way to do it?
Something like that:

'ACCOUNT_LINK'	=> 'Benutzerkontenverknüpfung',
	'ACCOUNT_LINK_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Verknüpft Benutzerkonten so, dass Sie leich zwischen ihnen wechseln Können, ohne sich abmelden zu müssen.',
And German is also the only language I know well enough.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”