[BETA] phPKG - MOD installer with repositories & packages

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
nanothree

Re: [BETA] phPKG - MOD installer with repositories & packages

Post by nanothree » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 am

No, i dont think it is, i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats its not.

Use easy mod instead.

Kojote1980

Post by Kojote1980 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:43 pm

yeap... use easymod for phpbb 2.x
and phpkg for phpbb 3.x

tho i wonder where the promised dev4 is :(

MuHiN

Post by MuHiN » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:52 am

I get this :-
You need to install/enable the php_zip.dll extension (use PHP 5.2.0 or later)
{ pL_KernelPanic }

No valid XML was found!

* 11:32:44(3): [tar] Unpacking zipfile ./../cache/phpkg/pkg/local_21d667963cf148de58d5fecb47d24374.zip via PHP
* 11:32:44(3): [xml] Searching for a XML file in /www/freeweb7.com/b/d/f/bdforum/htdocs/Forum/cache/phpkg/dir/local_21d667963cf148de58d5fecb47d24374

PS = How do i install mods via ftp ?

ZsasZ

Post by ZsasZ » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:48 am

First off: Great program (I think...)

Second off: Dont shoot me, I am using PHP5 (5.2.4 to be exact)... :)

Third off: I get to the point where I've got it uploaded, added, and enabled... but when I click the 'ACP_PHPKG' option under Authentication I get a page and a half full of:

Code: Select all

session_begin(); $auth->acl($user->data); $user->setup('acp/common'); // End session management // Have they authenticated (again) as an admin for this session? if (!isset($user->data['session_admin']) || !$user->data['session_admin']) { login_box('', $user->lang['LOGIN_ADMIN_CONFIRM'], $user->lang['LOGIN_ADMIN_SUCCESS'], true, false); } // Is user any type of admin? No, then stop here, each script needs to // check specific permissions but this is a catchall if (!$auth->acl_get('a_')) { trigger_error('NO_ADMIN'); } // We define the admin variables now, because the user is now able to use the admin related features... define('IN_ADMIN', true); $phpbb_admin_path = (defined('PHPBB_ADMIN_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ADMIN_PATH : './'; // Some oft used variables $safe_mode = (@ini_get('safe_mode') || @strtolower(ini_get('safe_mode')) == 'on') ? true : false; $file_uploads = (@ini_get('file_uploads') || strtolower(@ini_get('file_uploads')) == 'on') ? true : false; $module_id = request_var('i', ''); $mode = request_var('mode', ''); // Set custom template for admin area $template->set_custom_template($phpbb_admin_path . 'style', 'admin'); $template->assign_var('T_TEMPLATE_PATH', $phpbb_admin_path . 'style'); // the acp template is never stored in the database $user->theme['template_storedb'] = false; // Instantiate new module $module = new p_master(); // Instantiate module system and generate list of available modules $module->list_modules('acp'); // Select the active module $module->set_active($module_id, $mode); // Assign data to the template engine for the list of modules // We do this before loading the active module for correct menu display in trigger_error $module->assign_tpl_vars(append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}index.$phpEx")); // Load and execute the relevant module $module->load_active(); // Generate the page adm_page_header($module->get_page_title()); $template->set_filenames(array( 'body' => $module->get_tpl_name()) ); adm_page_footer(); /** * Header for acp pages */ function adm_page_header($page_title) { global $config, $db, $user, $template; global $phpbb_root_path, $phpbb_admin_path, $phpEx, $SID, $_SID; if (defined('HEADER_INC')) { return; } define('HEADER_INC', true); // gzip_compression if ($config['gzip_compress']) { if (@extension_loaded('zlib') && !headers_sent()) { ob_start('ob_gzhandler'); } } $template->assign_vars(array( 'PAGE_TITLE' => $page_title, 'USERNAME' => $user->data['username'], 'SID' => $SID, '_SID' => $_SID, 'SESSION_ID' => $user->session_id, 'ROOT_PATH' => $phpbb_admin_path, 'U_LOGOUT' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=logout'), 'U_ADM_INDEX' => append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}index.$phpEx"), 'U_INDEX' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx"), 'T_IMAGES_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}images/", 'T_SMILIES_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['smilies_path']}/", 'T_AVATAR_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['avatar_path']}/", 'T_AVATAR_GALLERY_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['avatar_gallery_path']}/", 'T_ICONS_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['icons_path']}/", 'T_RANKS_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['ranks_path']}/", 'T_UPLOAD_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['upload_path']}/", 'ICON_MOVE_UP' => '' . $user->lang['MOVE_UP'] . '', 'ICON_MOVE_UP_DISABLED' => 
etc etc...

Any ideas? Thanks...
your voice, it chased away, all the sanity in me...

nanothree

Post by nanothree » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 am

MuHiN wrote:I get this :-
You need to install/enable the php_zip.dll extension (use PHP 5.2.0 or later)
{ pL_KernelPanic }

No valid XML was found!
Are you sure that the php_zip.dll is installed? I think you can find out by loggin in to the ACP and clicking the php info link, then scroll down to nearly the bottom and you'll see it there

davaguco
Name: DAVID AGULLO

Post by davaguco » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi, I am trying to install my first MOD with this script, but I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'SimpleXMLElement' not found in /var/www/localhost/etrades/htdocs/Foro2/pkg/bb3phpkg.php on line 371

Do you know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
David.
English-Spanish Mod Translator. Send me a PM if you need anything translated (usually free unless you need a fixed finishing date).

manofgames

Post by manofgames » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:29 pm

ZsasZ wrote:First off: Great program (I think...)

Second off: Dont shoot me, I am using PHP5 (5.2.4 to be exact)... :)

Third off: I get to the point where I've got it uploaded, added, and enabled... but when I click the 'ACP_PHPKG' option under Authentication I get a page and a half full of:

session_begin(); $auth->acl($user->data); $user->setup('acp/common'); // End session management // Have they authenticated (again) as an admin for this session? if (!isset($user->data['session_admin']) || !$user->data['session_admin']) { login_box('', $user->lang['LOGIN_ADMIN_CONFIRM'], $user->lang['LOGIN_ADMIN_SUCCESS'], true, false); } // Is user any type of admin? No, then stop here, each script needs to // check specific permissions but this is a catchall if (!$auth->acl_get('a_')) { trigger_error('NO_ADMIN'); } // We define the admin variables now, because the user is now able to use the admin related features... define('IN_ADMIN', true); $phpbb_admin_path = (defined('PHPBB_ADMIN_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ADMIN_PATH : './'; // Some oft used variables $safe_mode = (@ini_get('safe_mode') || @strtolower(ini_get('safe_mode')) == 'on') ? true : false; $file_uploads = (@ini_get('file_uploads') || strtolower(@ini_get('file_uploads')) == 'on') ? true : false; $module_id = request_var('i', ''); $mode = request_var('mode', ''); // Set custom template for admin area $template->set_custom_template($phpbb_admin_path . 'style', 'admin'); $template->assign_var('T_TEMPLATE_PATH', $phpbb_admin_path . 'style'); // the acp template is never stored in the database $user->theme['template_storedb'] = false; // Instantiate new module $module = new p_master(); // Instantiate module system and generate list of available modules $module->list_modules('acp'); // Select the active module $module->set_active($module_id, $mode); // Assign data to the template engine for the list of modules // We do this before loading the active module for correct menu display in trigger_error $module->assign_tpl_vars(append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}index.$phpEx")); // Load and execute the relevant module $module->load_active(); // Generate the page adm_page_header($module->get_page_title()); $template->set_filenames(array( 'body' => $module->get_tpl_name()) ); adm_page_footer(); /** * Header for acp pages */ function adm_page_header($page_title) { global $config, $db, $user, $template; global $phpbb_root_path, $phpbb_admin_path, $phpEx, $SID, $_SID; if (defined('HEADER_INC')) { return; } define('HEADER_INC', true); // gzip_compression if ($config['gzip_compress']) { if (@extension_loaded('zlib') && !headers_sent()) { ob_start('ob_gzhandler'); } } $template->assign_vars(array( 'PAGE_TITLE' => $page_title, 'USERNAME' => $user->data['username'], 'SID' => $SID, '_SID' => $_SID, 'SESSION_ID' => $user->session_id, 'ROOT_PATH' => $phpbb_admin_path, 'U_LOGOUT' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=logout'), 'U_ADM_INDEX' => append_sid("{$phpbb_admin_path}index.$phpEx"), 'U_INDEX' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx"), 'T_IMAGES_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}images/", 'T_SMILIES_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['smilies_path']}/", 'T_AVATAR_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['avatar_path']}/", 'T_AVATAR_GALLERY_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['avatar_gallery_path']}/", 'T_ICONS_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['icons_path']}/", 'T_RANKS_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['ranks_path']}/", 'T_UPLOAD_PATH' => "{$phpbb_root_path}{$config['upload_path']}/", 'ICON_MOVE_UP' => '' . $user->lang['MOVE_UP'] . '', 'ICON_MOVE_UP_DISABLED' => 
etc etc...

Any ideas? Thanks...
have a look at the source code, do you see this sign:

<?
Anywhere?

If so, then you'll need to replace all of the above with

<?php
In the script you're having trouble with.

Looks like a great Mod :D

thomasfedb

Post by thomasfedb » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:53 pm

I'v noticed a big problem with phPKG.

Its that i dosn't seem to put things on new lines.
I have been unable to move tpics for a while because of this and finally got it sorted out by sending the mod maker copies of my files.

This is the problem i had
This:

//-- end: Prime Topic Moved Info --------------------------------------------//      confirm_box(false, 'MOVE_TOPIC' . ((sizeof($topic_ids) == 1) ? '' : 'S'), $s_hidden_fields, 'mcp_move.html');    
Was supposed to be this:

//-- end: Prime Topic Moved Info --------------------------------------------//
            confirm_box(false, 'MOVE_TOPIC' . ((sizeof($topic_ids) == 1) ? '' : 'S'), $s_hidden_fields, 'mcp_move.html');

This meant that a part of the code was commented out! Not good...

I have seen this a bit while going through my files and i would love for it to be fixed ASAP.
Thanks

Kojote1980

Post by Kojote1980 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:03 am

hope the project is still alive... you barely give us status updates on your marvellous phpkg :(

f199

Post by f199 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:32 pm

I can't get it to work.

izstas

Post by izstas » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:59 pm

I wait update! When? :)
Sorry for my bad English ;)

kenta

Post by kenta » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:43 am

The download Isn't working for me for some reason. anyone have a working link?
thanks!
<3 Phpbb

Ozzapoo

Post by Ozzapoo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:18 am

I know this is a really stupid question, but how do you install this??? I know that you put all the files/folders in 'root' into the root phpBB3 folder, but then what? I'm a newb at phpbb so please help me!

I'm currently using PHP 5.2.4 and I'm just testing it on a local apache server for the time being, because I don't want to ruin my actual forum!

Thanks!

P.S. There is nothing wrong with my PHP/Apache installation.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I FOUND OUT!
Last edited by Ozzapoo on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ozzapoo

Post by Ozzapoo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:49 am

Woops... Sorry for the double-post.

JavaKinetic

Post by JavaKinetic » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:26 am

pL_KernelPanic

I am having this problem:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/bb3phpkg.php on line 317 . . .

What I *believe* is happening, is that the ".zip" is not being included at the end of the filename (install_content($dir, $pkgdata)), where the PHP code (using SYSTEM CALL) opens the zip file as if it were an OS directory.

Normally, this install would probably work... but, if you have installed a Zip package that prevents the OS (WinXP) from recognizing a Zip as a directory.... then, the SYSTEM CALL fails with:

{ pL_KernelPanic }

No valid XML was found!

- - -

EDIT: Okay, that wasn't it. Some directory issue. I will check into it.

QUESTION: Is this product still active? It seemed like such a great idea, and yet... there have been zero posts over the last few months.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”