[BETA] phPKG - MOD installer with repositories & packages

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
SilentSniper

Re: [BETA] phPKG - MOD installer with repositories & packages

Post by SilentSniper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:59 pm

I would also like to agree. I posted my post quite some time ago and it still has not been answered.
The documents on this file is very poor.

If I can get around to it. I shall help you. Please do not take this as a promise because there is a 70% chance that I either can not get on the net or have to work.

Thanks

SilentSniper

Post by SilentSniper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:19 pm

This is the reply i had got from the creator.
After i tried this. It worked fine.
Thank you to dabroz for this information.
Date: 2008-01-21 03:52
Sender: dabroz - Project Admin
Logged In: YES
user_id=1135698
Originator: NO

On the main screen [http://upload.scythe.pl/files/php-pkg3-001.jpg] you
need to select Configuration [http://upload.scythe.pl/files/dev2-s05.jpg]
and enter valid FTP data. On global configuration
[http://upload.scythe.pl/files/dev2-s04.jpg] you need to leave FTP and FGC
(as they are only supported modes for now), and select VIAPHP if you are
using Windows server or TARCOMMAND if it is *nix machine.

It seems that no files has been uploaded via FTP to your forum. Feel free
to ask if above solution doesn't work.
You can monitor this tracker item if you register an account on SF.net.

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:20 am

Um thanks, but I haven't even gotten THAT far. How do I bring up that "main screen" exactly? All I've done so far is upload the files to the directories I was told to upload them to. I don't know where to go from there. There is currently no phPKS under my automation on the System tab.

porfavor

Post by porfavor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:43 pm

looks great. Will install it when it's rc or gold status.

It will install the mods completely even if there are previous mods installed, right?

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:59 am

Someone wanna tell me what the next step to installing this is after I upload the files, so I can get the phPKG to show up under the System area of the ACP?

So, far all I've done is upload the files as instructed. If I was supposed to manually edit anything the instructions don't say so. And what is with that part that says, "Use your keyboard to navigate the code boxes. You may also hit 's' on your keyboard to go to the first code box." Someone please HELP!

manofgames

Post by manofgames » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Renodil wrote:Someone wanna tell me what the next step to installing this is after I upload the files, so I can get the phPKG to show up under the System area of the ACP?

So, far all I've done is upload the files as instructed. If I was supposed to manually edit anything the instructions don't say so. And what is with that part that says, "Use your keyboard to navigate the code boxes. You may also hit 's' on your keyboard to go to the first code box." Someone please HELP!
Err...
Go into your acp -> system -> ACP module control -> add module -> add a new root module (A module without a parent) -> select the phPKG modules from the drop down list and add them to the root module :?

liquidtroll

Post by liquidtroll » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:01 am

hello every body....

Dabroz i need your help m8
well i have installed phPKG also and getting the same error like a lot of ppl in here
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in "my ROOT"/public_html/pkg/bb3phpkg.php on line 27

i have read as you said that the problem is PHP 4, But my host server doesnt use PHP4

see by yourself

plz tell me what to do cause now i cant use the
Module management/Administration Control Panel
i also erased the hole public_html directory n uploaded a fresh BACKUP
but the problem is still show up.

can you plz give me a solution ??????? :|

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:38 pm

manofgames wrote:
Renodil wrote:Someone wanna tell me what the next step to installing this is after I upload the files, so I can get the phPKG to show up under the System area of the ACP?

Err...
Go into your acp -> system -> ACP module control -> add module -> add a new root module (A module without a parent) -> select the phPKG modules from the drop down list and add them to the root module :?
OK I did all that. I enabled it and I now have a phPKG tab. However one thing wrong. The stupid thing still doesn't show up under the ACP -> System -> Automation. Oh. And another thing. When I click on the phPKG tab I get the following error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/P/i/k/Pikachu1/html/phpBB3/pkg/bb3phpkg.php on line 27. I checked and this is what's written in that file on that line.

Code: Select all

protected $fileedit, $filebackup;
BTW you failed to mention which of the three areas to add the module under. I'm guessing you wanted it down under the "Administrator Control Panel" right?

bearsaj99

Post by bearsaj99 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:24 am

Just a little confused.

The drift I am getting is that this can install mods for you am I right?

And if this one doesn't work are there any other working ones out there?
"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do."
Ted Nelson

Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:03 am

I am still unable to delete the phpkg folder in the cache folder, even though there are no files in them. :roll:
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

bearsaj99

Post by bearsaj99 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:13 am

When I try to install a new package I get this error message. This is a zipped package I got straight from this sight and it has a modx file. (It is the Evil Quick Reply Mod)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpkg.php on line 167: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32962 is not allowed to access /cache/phpkg owned by uid 2001
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 63: chdir() [function.chdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32962 is not allowed to access /cache/phpkg owned by uid 2001
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 64: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 65: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 66: copy() [function.copy]: Unable to access ../../pkg/local_34476a086ce7b6b556c7090a967fd452.zip
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 66: copy(../../pkg/local_34476a086ce7b6b556c7090a967fd452.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Success
You need to install/enable the php_zip.dll extension (use PHP 5.2.0 or later)
{ pL_KernelPanic }

No valid XML was found!

* 04:11:58(3): [tar] Unpacking zipfile ./../cache/phpkg/pkg/local_34476a086ce7b6b556c7090a967fd452.zip via PHP
    * 04:11:58(3): [xml] Searching for a XML file in /www/zzl.org/d/e/l/deltaunited/htdocs/phpBB3/adm
"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do."
Ted Nelson

manofgames

Post by manofgames » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:17 pm

bearsaj99 wrote:When I try to install a new package I get this error message. This is a zipped package I got straight from this sight and it has a modx file. (It is the Evil Quick Reply Mod)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpkg.php on line 167: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32962 is not allowed to access /cache/phpkg owned by uid 2001
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 63: chdir() [function.chdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32962 is not allowed to access /cache/phpkg owned by uid 2001
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 64: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 65: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 66: copy() [function.copy]: Unable to access ../../pkg/local_34476a086ce7b6b556c7090a967fd452.zip
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/tar_class.php on line 66: copy(../../pkg/local_34476a086ce7b6b556c7090a967fd452.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Success
You need to install/enable the php_zip.dll extension (use PHP 5.2.0 or later)
{ pL_KernelPanic }

No valid XML was found!

* 04:11:58(3): [tar] Unpacking zipfile ./../cache/phpkg/pkg/local_34476a086ce7b6b556c7090a967fd452.zip via PHP
    * 04:11:58(3): [xml] Searching for a XML file in /www/zzl.org/d/e/l/deltaunited/htdocs/phpBB3/adm
Look at the first line:

SAFE MODE Restriction in effect
Looks like you don't have permission to access certain files.
You might want to ask your host to switch safe mode off, or find a new host altogether :?
Anyasha wrote: I am still unable to delete the phpkg folder in the cache folder, even though there are no files in them.
You might have done this, but have you made sure your user has correct permissions?

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Anyone going to help me?

Still have the

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/P/i/k/Pikachu1/html/phpBB3/pkg/bb3phpkg.php on line 27
problem.

I created a new parent category. Called it phPKG. And added the ACP_PHPKG [acp_phpkg] module as Module type: Module. Choose module mode: is ACP_PHPKG. Selected Yes to both Module enable: and Module displayed:

What am I doing wrong?

I even tried adding it under the System -> Automation like described in the images by SilentSniper and still got the error.

bearsaj99

Post by bearsaj99 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:41 pm

About the safe mode thing. Is there a way to get around it and still have the mod working?

Also if this isn't possible do you know of any free hosts with php safe mode off?
Ted Nelson

Renodil

Post by Renodil » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:19 am

No, but if you could afford $9.95 a month I highly recommend dynonames. They give you 100Gbs of space a month and 1000Gbs monthly bandwidth allowance as well as 1000 pop3 email accounts. Or go with godaddy who does all that and it's only $6.99 a month.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”