[BETA] phPKG - MOD installer with repositories & packages

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
tucsondrivers

Re: [BETA] phPKG - auto-installer, repositories, packages

Post by tucsondrivers » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:16 pm

:roll: oh look, hes back.

I'm having another couple of problems, i'm batting a thousand here. Both of the errors appear to be the same thing so I'm wondering if it's a simple fix (such as the .htaccess file)

1-- I have tried to install the included mods, and they have all given me the same (or perhaps just familiar) page of errors.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 85: ftp_connect() [function.ftp-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 86: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 131: ftp_put() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 131: ftp_put() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 102: ftp_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
This happens after I confirm that I am about to install _________ mod. The 'install' option dissapears after it fails, so I am not sure how I can re-install it properly :o

2. As for uploading my own mods, how do I go about it? I scoured the folders supplied in dev3 to see where the example mods go, yet found no such thing. When I try to upload them from my computer via phpkg in the ACP I get the following after clicking 'upload' and pointing to a .zip mod from my computer:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 85: ftp_connect() [function.ftp-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 86: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /pkg/class/ftp.php on line 102: ftp_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
I took a brief look at the ftp.php to see if I can supply any variables (i.e. usernames / passwords) but given that I'm not an advanced coder I figured it's best to not mess with it unless I saw a clear 'put FTP username here' :D
http://tucsondrivers.com -- Hyundai Tucson Forum & Community

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:20 pm

You should configure FTP in Configure/FTP section. Did you do that? (there is also “Check FTP” button to check FTP parameters)

And if you are wondering, uploaded (and downloaded) mods go to /cache/phpkg/dir/XXX/ directories. ;)
http://www.phpbb2.pl - the first and the biggest Polish phpBB site.
My tools and MODs: phPKG (dev3) • User Useragent Stats
If you appreciate my work, you can donate me with PayPal.

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:42 pm

Dabroz you think there are any chance that Beta3 out this weekend ? :?
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:52 pm

Read first page, it was released a couple of hours ago. :D

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:57 pm

Dabroz wrote:Read first page, it was released a couple of hours ago. :D

Omg you are joking ? YOu want to give me heart attack :shock: :shock:

Ok Ok I run to home now i need to install thousands of MOds :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

while i reach the Home, please list all MOds that will potenatiolly work :mrgreen: :lol:

Thanksssssssss :D
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:10 pm

I have tested: You will have to unpack ZIP files, fix bugs, pack files again and then install them (or better you should tell MOD authors about errors and encourage them to test their MODs with this tool). For example in “Mods Database” there is prosiver instead of prosilver, in “Advanced Quick Reply” button.css instead of buttons.css...

But with valid XML files it does work! :mrgreen:

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:34 pm

Back to home It is time to test :D will give you the feedback :P

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:46 pm

My theme is not prosilver but an other prosilver based theme. How to force it to do edits for both styles please ?

Edit I did a simple edit and it did a mess. The line are place not on correct place, it has place the first edit on 2nd edit place, it also did not placed on new line. And it is a big mess.

I can send you the file if you want. but it is a simple edit here is the code :

Open: includes/functions_display.php
Find

Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.
Code: Select All

$last_post_time = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time']);

Add after

Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

$last_post_year = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time'], 'Y');
         $last_post_date   = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time'], 'd M');
         $last_post_hour = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time'], 'h:i a');

Find

Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

'LAST_POST_TIME'		=> $last_post_time,

Add after

Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

'LAST_POST_YEAR'         => $last_post_year,
         'LAST_POST_DATE'         => $last_post_date,
         'LAST_POST_HOUR'        => $last_post_hour,

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:30 pm

If you are using different style you can only update prosilver and then copy prosilver files (handling other templates will be done in dev4 version).

PM me with MOD files or link to it.

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:53 pm

here it is : I also added the file that was edited by phPkg and you ll see that the edit is not good at all.

http://rapidshare.com/files/52565483/testedit.zip.html

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:54 am

Just curious... I read a post awhile back that the mod team will make a mod similar to easymod for phpBB3 once it is gold release. So what will happen to yours once they made one for phpBB3? What is the response from the mod team here about yours?

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:24 am

Well, it is invalid, because the XML file with MOD is invalid!
<open src="includes/functions_display.php">
<edit>
<find><![CDATA[$last_post_time = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time']);]]></find>
<action type="after-add"><![CDATA[$last_post_year = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time'], 'Y');
$last_post_date = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time'], 'd M');
$last_post_hour = $user->format_date($row['forum_last_post_time'], 'h:i a');]]></action>
<find><![CDATA['LAST_POST_TIME' => $last_post_time,]]></find>
<action type="after-add"><![CDATA['LAST_POST_YEAR' => $last_post_year,
'LAST_POST_DATE' => $last_post_date,
'LAST_POST_HOUR' => $last_post_hour,]]></action>
</edit>
</open>
It should be in two <edit> blocks, because every <edit> block can have only one action of each type. Also all find instructions are processed before action instructions. You can read MODX schema if you don't believe me. ;)

So it is not an error with phPKG, but with malformed MOD file.

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:38 am

how to correct it ? is their any tool to check the validity of Modx ?

Dabroz

Post by Dabroz » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Insert </edit><edit> after first </action>.

It would not be so simple to check validity of MOD, because it would need to be checked againt XML schema. I believe that number of such tools exists, you have to google for them. And even valid XML file doesn't have to be a valid MOD. :mrgreen: And this is the reason that only approved MODs should be installed. However, after correcting all structure and logic errors it should install easily.

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:25 pm

Then there should be an error report and log file and a confirmation for editing. As there is no way to know for now that installation went good or not.

Hope you ll add this in your next release ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”