[DEV] MyTube (like youtube but hosted by you)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Ragman

Re: [DEV] MyTube (like youtube but hosted by you)

Post by Ragman »

d3ad wrote:Hmm i have a question:
Is it possible to have all Features like MyTube have oh well not all but just basic will be fine but video are hosted in another serve like video sites eg.youtube. we get the code and place it in the right place like we can see in demo.
Well, if all you want to do is view youtube videos, then you can code some custom bbcode to do that directly inside the forum posts you make.
There's several ways to do this already and would be a better option for you if that's all you wanted is the ability to view youtube videos in your own forum.
wtjy1380 wrote:i'm quite sure this will become a popular mod if you finish it. =P
Don't forget the ratings and stuff XD
*crosses fingers and waits*
this will take up a lot of traffic, won't it?
Traffic shouldn't be that big of an impact unless you have a lot of users, or the ability to view the videos is public and open to anyone regardless of if they're logged on or not.
If you restrict it to only registered users/specific groups, then it will reduce traffic (this will be implemented to give you the ability to do this eventually).
However, yes, the potential is there for it to use a lot of bandwidth if your forum is extremely popular.
That is something you'd have to worry about though, for me it's not an issue thankfully.
d3ad

Post by d3ad »

Yeah more likely whats Ragman is saying but more like in a theater way -.-"
hehe I am just saying is it is possible to put the youtube video like you (Ragman) showed in a demo forum.
If bbcode can do that i am happy with it >.< but It just I want in a Thread not in a post >.< not sure if you get my point because it is hard to explain for me.
Live life as you want
wtjy1380

Post by wtjy1380 »

d3ad wrote:Yeah more likely whats Ragman is saying but more like in a theater way -.-"
hehe I am just saying is it is possible to put the youtube video like you (Ragman) showed in a demo forum.
If bbcode can do that i am happy with it >.< but It just I want in a Thread not in a post >.< not sure if you get my point because it is hard to explain for me.
You mean like embedding? =] i'm sure that'll be a great feature too.

Will there be availability for comments to be posted? Say, maybe like in a thread form for forum originality, or like the comments displayed such as in youtube. o_0
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

wtjy1380 wrote:
d3ad wrote:Yeah more likely whats Ragman is saying but more like in a theater way -.-"

Will there be availability for comments to be posted? Say, maybe like in a thread form for forum originality, or like the comments displayed such as in youtube. o_0
Comments are a good idea and a feature i'll definitely try to implement. Thanks for the idea.
wtjy1380

Post by wtjy1380 »

Ragman wrote:
wtjy1380 wrote:

Comments are a good idea and a feature i'll definitely try to implement. Thanks for the idea.
cool. i'm looking forward to that. an advanced captcha option will be useful ;D
keep out those spammers -.-
goodluck on the mod!
Tw3nt

Post by Tw3nt »

How is this mod coming along?
Helmut71

Post by Helmut71 »

yeah - any news abot this mod?
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Helmut71 wrote:yeah - any news abot this mod?
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
MewDragon

Post by MewDragon »

It looks fantastic, definitley would help put 3.0 in it's place as King of forum softwares. :P
sixers33

Post by sixers33 »

Is there an estimated date for this to be complete? I am interested in placing this on my forum before launch.

Thanks 8-)
kenta

Post by kenta »

I know this been asked alot I'll just like to know. is there any updates for this mod?
<3 Phpbb
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Sorry guys, i've been so busy with work and everything else. I've not had any time to work on this right now.

I'm actually going to put the project on hold until the official release of phpbb3 is out.

What's going on with it right now?
Not much, i'm actually re-writing the entire thing as i'm learning about the control panels, etc. The mod is useless without a control panel and i don't think it's quite as easy as the tutorial/guide makes it out to be.
So for now, consider this project on hold while i figure out the behind the scenes things to make sure this will all work perfectly with the official release of phpBB3.

Once again, my apologies for lack of updates, etc. I've simply had no time to be posting on forums or browsing the web really.
It has not died yet though, fear not ;)
naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

good to know its still alive :mrgreen:
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )
kenta

Post by kenta »

Good news. :D thanks! I can't wait when phpBB3 is gold.
<3 Phpbb
cornnfedd

Post by cornnfedd »

nice mod, great idea, i cant wait for it to be released for gold!! :D :D :D
Mazda Rotary Videos Online Free braptv.com

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”