[DEV] MyTube (like youtube but hosted by you)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
salmercker

Re: [DEV] MyTube (like youtube but hosted by you)

Post by salmercker »

ok ummmmmm any news on this yet?
kenta

Post by kenta »

Did you read this post? :D
<3 Phpbb
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

kenta wrote:Did you read this post? :D
hehe, thanks for bringing that to the other guys attention, Kenta.
Least it shows that some of you actually read the thread.

But i bring another update with me...

It's official, i don't like making mods which need a control panel, lol.
This thing has been nothing but a nightmare to get working. However, i continue to fight it and figure out how to get it working.
The good news...

I can now make it save and read info from a custom table that stores data about where the path for the videos is going to be, etc. It might seem trivial to some of the mod writers here, but i'm happy with the simple things ;)
I think once i've got the basics worked out fully, i'm going to set up a category view so that the view page will allow you to choose from different folders to view videos in. So it'd allow for say "Music", "Family Vids", "Holiday Vids" (that's vacation for the non UK english speakers ;)), etc, etc. As for me that's rather important over much of the other things i want to put into it.

So, i'm getting there. Slowly, but surely.

One request...

If there's any modders reading this who could give me a simple working example of how to set up a basic control panel (specially as an additional module to the admin CP), i'd really really appreciate it.
It only needs to be something that will read and write to a custom table, with data forms to enter/edit info.
Soemthing that i can elaborate on by using that as a base to work from. As i'm sure that my attempt is probably far too clunky and fully of extra code i don't need.
Plus i find it's helpful to see other attempts at it so i can understand how it all works better.
As the data on phpbb about adding ACP modules isn't what i'd call easy to follow :(

Well, that's me out for now.

Thanks,
--
Ragz
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

If you don't get any response, why won't you ask directly at those modders which you feel that can help you?
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

yexusbeliever wrote:If you don't get any response, why won't you ask directly at those modders which you feel that can help you?
Trying to get help from them directly isn't the easiest thing in the world. More often than not, they will direct you back to the documentation. :( I've tried asking several times, but to no avail. So i have to work slowly on my own to get things figured out hehe.
kenta

Post by kenta »

Hmm someone might can help It just takes some time.
<3 Phpbb
daemonic

Post by daemonic »

ive sent ragman a working acp example :)
My Mods:
OurTube (YouTube clone) [Core: 95%, Features: ??%]
Shop with PayPal Checkout [85%]
Like my mods? Why not make a donation
naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

any updates?
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )
Topdrag

Post by Topdrag »

Will someone please take over this mod? I think this would be a pretty cool addition to many sites out there looking for a video gallery system.
Tokenizer

Post by Tokenizer »

I would love to have this MODs as well, i will be exactly what i'm looking for. CAN"T WAIT to see it ready. Please.....i really need this MODs.
achievehigh.org

Post by achievehigh.org »

I was going to ask for this phpbb add on or mod (whichever name you may call it) a long time ago when my forum was phpbb2. I didn't have time to find where to post it and suddenly, I saw this thread in my "View your posts." I don't remember posting in this thread, but somehow it got in there. Luckily I found this thread for that accident reason. Thanks for developing this mod. Good luck! Now, I need to go find a host that would allow me to stream video like this because it would use a lot of bandwidth. I need a good host with very fast and stable speed to load the forum and connect to MySQL database in a stable manner though, not disconnect and then connect and then disconnect like crazy. When that is sorted out, I am looking forward to using such a mp3 and video mod that goes with the forum!
naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam »

The best way to do this, is to turn it to a FLASH file while it uploads.

Cos im sure some videos will be ilegal to host and most hosting people dont like it :D

so if this is the case when the file is uploaded it converts to a flv file then its kool and also the admin have a feature to add a watermark writing for copyright stuff.
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )
Tokenizer

Post by Tokenizer »

Hi
all of member of my forum would love to have this feature, because they love to upload their video to the forum, and they have no tool to convert to FLV format, also what is watermark? And it will be cool to have like a Video Hosting Mods
Thanks
achievehigh.org

Post by achievehigh.org »

I am waiting for this mod release every day! I hope more mod authors will work together to make this mod really powerful--has all the useful features, instead of making their own video mods. I can't wait for this mod to be released! Even a beta version would do!

Please make an install file if this mod requires executing MySQL database queries because it would certainly help! I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
tupeu

Post by tupeu »

Developers last message was on november 2007

This MOD is abandoned~

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”