[MODDB] Mods Database 1.0.6a

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
lefty74

[MODDB] Mods Database 1.0.6a

Post by lefty74 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:03 pm

MOD Title: Mods Database
MOD Description: Adds a simple Mods Database for keeping track of the mods installed on the board with possibility to add various additional information.
Mod detail page to view the additional information, founders will be able to see installation date on mod detail page
MOD Version: 1.0.6a

MOD Download: Mod has been validated and is now in the MODDB: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1501815
phpbb3 version: 3.0.4

Demo Board: Demoboard
Demo Username: test
Demo Password: testtest

Note:
RobinAndersson wrote:Lefty, It's URL Rewriting that is the problem. You should write something about that people should disable URL Rewriting in their SEO mods temporarily to install this mod, on the same page that they can download it or something, and You'll probably save Yourself lots of headaches! ;)

Credits: Many thanks to kingmob for the great prosilver download button
Last edited by lefty74 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 16 times in total.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

playerfr

Re: [BETA] Mods Database 0.0.1

Post by playerfr » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Wao this will be handy :D
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:44 pm

cheers, initially i only wrote that for myself but then i was asked to put it out as a mod. :)
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:49 pm

lefty74 wrote:cheers, initially i only wrote that for myself but then i was asked to put it out as a mod. :)
That was a good decision you took :D
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:05 am

Good idea! Beats trying to find my slip of paper buried on my desk to remember what I installed on which forum. Thanks! I'll give it a try. :D
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:07 am

darcie and playerfr have you tried this and got it working? you havnt had any errors by any chance have you??

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by darcie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:17 am

I have it downloaded, but not the chance to work on it yet. I'll post back as soon as I can. :)

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 am

yes, i would be grateful for some feedback as cyborg get some header errors which i cant explain why atm
lefty74

king.mob.gr

Post by king.mob.gr » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 am

cyb0rg wrote:darcie and playerfr have you tried this and got it working? you havnt had any errors by any chance have you??
Modify again the language files with PSPad. Some editors put some junk characters before <? (ex. )
Last edited by king.mob.gr on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by darcie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:31 am

Installed perfectly for me. Tried an entry- no problems. Sorry I couldn't help find the errors. ;)

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:09 am

Just installed and it is working really Great :D

Just some sugestion to add :

Field to add :
- Phpbb Version
- Date of installation of the Mod (this can be help full to find bacjup files if problem later)
- A comment field where you can add codes if you have personolized the installation.

Website should open in new window when click on Mod URL

Add possibily to upload zip file of originla mod to the our own server so if one one need to install or uninstall again and that the author has disapread it can be helpfull :) (attachment or ftp)

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:41 am

darcie wrote:Installed perfectly for me. Tried an entry- no problems. Sorry I couldn't help find the errors. ;)
thanks very much :)
playerfr wrote:Just some sugestion to add :

Field to add :
- Phpbb Version
- Date of installation of the Mod (this can be help full to find bacjup files if problem later)
- A comment field where you can add codes if you have personolized the installation.

Add possibily to upload zip file of originla mod to the our own server so if one one need to install or uninstall again and that the author has disapread it can be helpfull :) (attachment or ftp)

Hi, thanks for your suggestions, the problem with adding fields is that you end up running out of space quickly. When I was thinking of the fields I should include I limited it to the basics due to space constraints. It is ok if you have a high resolution and display the forum at full-width but a lot of users have 1024 x 768.
since this is not standard throughout the phpbb3 board, I wont include that in the standard mod but will post the change later when i get home from work :)
sorry, i dont think i have the knowledge to do that :( if you have ftp access to your server, you can do that anyway, just upload it and link it to the uploaded file, thats what i have been doing with the phpbb2 version i have on my board.
lefty74

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:16 pm

For Spcae what you can do is, add multiple line on description, location url can be reduce as it is Icon. You can limit also number of charachter on mod name and go to next line if name is too long. Also the Link URL can be in the name of mod instead of having an extra column. ;)

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:57 pm

playerfr wrote:For Spcae what you can do is, add multiple line on description, location url can be reduce as it is Icon. You can limit also number of charachter on mod name and go to next line if name is too long. Also the Link URL can be in the name of mod instead of having an extra column. ;)
Sorry, this sounds a bit messy to be, what I might do is add the extra fields in the php files and you can put them in the template the way you like.

This is a simple mods database. i might change my mind one day and maybe try to make it so that you can open a mod in another window with more details and will definitely include your sujggestions but for now i wont have time to spend on that i am afraid.
lefty74 wrote:
since this is not standard throughout the phpbb3 board, I wont include that in the standard mod but will post the change later when i get home from work :)

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
styles/prosilver/modsdb_body.html
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
				<!-- IF modsrow.MOD_URL --><li class="web-icon"><a href="{modsrow.MOD_URL}" title="{L_VISIT_WEBSITE}: {modsrow.MOD_URL}"><span>{L_WEBSITE}</span></a></li><!-- ELSE --><li class="no-icon"></li><!-- ENDIF -->
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
				<!-- IF modsrow.MOD_URL --><li class="web-icon"><a href="{modsrow.MOD_URL}" title="{L_VISIT_WEBSITE}: {modsrow.MOD_URL}" target="_blank"><span>{L_WEBSITE}</span></a></li><!-- ELSE --><li class="no-icon"></li><!-- ENDIF -->

lefty74

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:27 pm

i was wondering, is there actually interest for a 'more details' feature where you can e.g. click a button and a new page (or maybe popup) opens with an overview of the mod including additional information like e.g. suggested by playerfr, a comment field etc.?

... or is what is available sufficient?

thanks
lefty74

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”