[RC1] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Locked
Sultani
Registered User
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: California, Orange County
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by Sultani »

Hit there, this is just the mod i was looking for!

But also, im looking for a mod that open external links with a frame at the top, i have installed a mod on my phpbb2 but i cant remeber the name atm.

Anyway, any chance to implement this function to this mod?

It would be awesome believe me.

thanks
Dani
Scraablee - Free Flash Games!

Sorry for my bad english ( Im american ) :D
User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by primehalo »

Sultani wrote:Hit there, this is just the mod i was looking for!

But also, im looking for a mod that open external links with a frame at the top, i have installed a mod on my phpbb2 but i cant remeber the name atm.

Anyway, any chance to implement this function to this mod?

It would be awesome believe me.

thanks
Dani
I don't understand what you're asking for. Links with a frame at the top? What does that mean?
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
Sultani
Registered User
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: California, Orange County
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by Sultani »

lol, and you have all right, cause i wasnt so clear on my above post.

What i meant was:

Ok, the internal links open on the same window, and the external links open in a new window. So, when someone click an external link, that link will open in a new window, and with a frame on the top, for example, with 2 links saying:
Back to your_site_name :arrow:
Close this frame

you know what i mean?

thanks
Scraablee - Free Flash Games!

Sorry for my bad english ( Im american ) :D
User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by primehalo »

Sultani wrote:lol, and you have all right, cause i wasnt so clear on my above post.

What i meant was:

Ok, the internal links open on the same window, and the external links open in a new window. So, when someone click an external link, that link will open in a new window, and with a frame on the top, for example, with 2 links saying:
Back to your_site_name :arrow:
Close this frame

you know what i mean?

thanks
To do that you would need to change the actual address of the link to point to your frame page, and put the original link address as a parameter in the new link. Then create a framed page that will read the original link parameter (probably using PHP, though I'm sure you could do it with JavaScript too) and use it to display the page in the bottom frame.
Last edited by primehalo on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
Sultani
Registered User
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: California, Orange County
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by Sultani »

primehalo wrote:
Sultani wrote:lol, and you have all right, cause i wasnt so clear on my above post.

What i meant was:

Ok, the internal links open on the same window, and the external links open in a new window. So, when someone click an external link, that link will open in a new window, and with a frame on the top, for example, with 2 links saying:
Back to your_site_name :arrow:
Close this frame

you know what i mean?

thanks
To do that you would need to change the actually address of the link to point to your frame page, and put the original link address as a parameter in the new link. Then create a framed page that will read the original link parameter (probably using PHP, though I'm sure you could do it with JavaScript too) and use it to display the page in the bottom frame.

Yeah i have a mod that do that on my phpbb2, and i was hoping tbhat u maybe could integrate that function on your mod :oops:

Dont want to sound a leacher, but i really dont have the time and skills to do that :cry:

:D
Scraablee - Free Flash Games!

Sorry for my bad english ( Im american ) :D
User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by primehalo »

Unfortunately I don't have the time either. I'm really backed up as it is, and it looks like I'll be staying that way for at least the next few months.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
Sultani
Registered User
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:42 pm
Location: California, Orange County
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by Sultani »

primehalo wrote:Unfortunately I don't have the time either. I'm really backed up as it is, and it looks like I'll be staying that way for at least the next few months.
I really understand your point :D

Well maybe someone remeber to make this mod for the community.

Anyway, im going try your mod ;)

Thanks a lot mate
Scraablee - Free Flash Games!

Sorry for my bad english ( Im american ) :D
I love you
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:38 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by I love you »

Thanks a lot, primehalo. This mod worked perfectly for my RC7. You saved the day!
User avatar
miaRave
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:06 pm

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by miaRave »

Thanx primehalo. You are a real hero :D (I don't like these new smilies.. lol)
:: mia ::
Sulquendi
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:00 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by Sulquendi »

Got some troubles with this mod and a [spoiler] BBCODE.

The BBCODE is :

Code: Select all

[spoiler]{TEXT}[/spoiler]

Code: Select all

<div style="padding: 3px; background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-size: 1em;"><div style="text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC; margin-bottom: 3px; font-size: 0.8em; font-weight: bold; display: block;"><span onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') {  this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerHTML = '<b>Spoiler: </b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>hide</a>'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = '<b>Spoiler: </b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>show</a>'; }" /><b>Spoiler: </b><a href="#" onClick="return false;">show</a></span></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">{TEXT}</div></div></div>
And it seems that this mod messes badly with the

Code: Select all

<a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>hide</a>';
User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by primehalo »

Sulquendi wrote:Got some troubles with this mod and a [spoiler] BBCODE.

The BBCODE is :

Code: Select all

[spoiler]{TEXT}[/spoiler]

Code: Select all

<div style="padding: 3px; background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-size: 1em;"><div style="text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC; margin-bottom: 3px; font-size: 0.8em; font-weight: bold; display: block;"><span onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') {  this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerHTML = '<b>Spoiler: </b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>hide</a>'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = '<b>Spoiler: </b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>show</a>'; }" /><b>Spoiler: </b><a href="#" onClick="return false;">show</a></span></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">{TEXT}</div></div></div>
And it seems that this mod messes badly with the

Code: Select all

<a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>hide</a>';
How is it messing up those links? This MOD works with my Prime BBCode Spoiler MOD, as can be seen here:
http://www.absoluteanime.com/phpbb3/vie ... 7&p=14#p14
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
palebluedot
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by palebluedot »

I love you wrote:Thanks a lot, primehalo. This mod worked perfectly for my RC7. You saved the day!

Awesome mod! Works great on my RC7 as well.
santa.85
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 am

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by santa.85 »

Fantastic mod, thank you!
It would be great now if you would support the version check mod:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=581604
User avatar
namkyahai
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:27 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by namkyahai »

If the mod is working perfectly, hopefully the Phpbb team will move this mod out of beta and to the Released Mods thread. That would be great.
User avatar
primehalo
Former Team Member
Posts: 2898
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Redding, CA
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Prime Links - Classify Locals & Target Externals

Post by primehalo »

santa.85 wrote:Fantastic mod, thank you!
It would be great now if you would support the version check mod:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=581604
It's too much for me to remember, at least for right now. I already forget to update the version number in the instructions files, so I'm sure I would forget to update version in the extra files that need to be included for this MOD to work.
namkyahai wrote:If the mod is working perfectly, hopefully the Phpbb team will move this mod out of beta and to the Released Mods thread. That would be great.
I'd have to submit it to MOD database before they can do that. I was just waiting to see if there were any more bugs.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”