MOD Description: A system for awarding medals/ribbons to users.
MOD Version: 0.11.0
MOD Download: Medal System MOD for phpBB3
Last Stable version: None at this time
Demo Board: http://test.dupra.net
Demo Username: n/a
Demo Password: n/a
ycl6: For creating the original system for phpBB2. And giving me the go ahead to do the conversion.
geoffreak: For getting a great start on writing the Medal System 0.2.0, for which I continue his work here.
- Admin Control Panel
- Medal Control Panel - per user
- User-User Nominations
- Profile Display
- Topic display
- Medal reason/date displayed
- Dynamic multiple images
- Global Medal Control Panel
- Self installing/upgrading DB
- Awarded medals earn points (integrate for Simple Points Mod)
- prosilver template
- subsilver2 template
- Medals can be nominated more than once
- Nominated medals can be edited before awarded
- Multiple Nominations
- Nominations Control Panel
- MOD Version Check compliant
- Activation/Deactivation switch
- automod compatible
- UMIL database install
- Testing is currently underway
- Awarded medals earn cash (integrate for Cash Mod)
Note: I did not integrate Cash Mod as the only thing I did to get Simple Points Mod "integrated" was to require 'points_enable' be set to 1 in the config table and user_points field be defined in the users table for every user. Anyone can change that to work with cash mod quite simply by changing the medals.php file.
Upgrade: There is now upgrade install instructions in the upgrade folder.
Unsupported: Conversion from Medal System Mod 0.4.6 for phpbb2 :: "converter"
Also provided is a reference in the extras folder to the Database updates. This is NOT meant to be run, but provided to show you what the SQL changes are. DO NOT run this as it may not do all the SQL setup. The statements provided are the edits that I have created.
Put medals under a user's signature
FYI: If you are unfamiliar with installing mods, please read the following posts before continuing.
MODX Instructions How-to
SQL Update How-to (should not be needed for this mod, but is good to understand.