[BETA] Search back (x minutes, days, month)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [BETA] Search back (x minutes, days, month)

Post by IPB_Refugee »

One more problem. :lol: When I do a different search (e.g. for my posts or any other search) I get this error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /search.php on line 529: Undefined variable: show_results_st
529 is the new line

Code: Select all

$u_search .= ($show_results_st) ? '&search_time=' . $show_results_st : '';
Regards
Wolfgang

EDIT: I think the line

$show_results_st = request_var('search_time', 30);
should be at the beginning of search.php below

// Define initial vars
Then it works fine. :)
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi Wolfgang!

Didn't see your second post: that's why this MOD is in BETA. It's work in progress. Thanks for your fix! :D

The next version will take care of this and will hopefully provide a fix for the non-displayed results too.

Greets,
Bálint
biffstallion

Post by biffstallion »

Hi, I see all this talk about fixes being in the "latest version" or "will be in the latest version". What version number would that be and when will it be available ?

Thank you for this MOD.
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi!

...and shame on me not wrapping up a new version of this MOD'o'mine. Erm, tomorrow at the same time 22:00 CEST)? Then it'll be ready, version 1.03.

Greets,
Bálint
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi!

1.0.3 is up... small fixes (all known and verified errors have been corrected), please test for any errors. Download link in the first post.

If you need an update plan, please answer in this thread, I'll provide the update from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3

Greets,
Bálint
biffstallion

Post by biffstallion »

Hi,

Thanks for posting the update.

This is my first MOD that I have installed on a default phpBB 3.0.2 installation.

After performing all the steps, the board still looks identical, as if nothing was changed. Is there something I need to "reload" or tell the board to reread some cache files or something?

Actually, the REAL REASON I wanted this MOD was so I could simply change the default value in the pull-down box from "7 days" to "1 day". What code do I need to edit to allow this change??

Thank you,
Biffstallion

EDIT/UPDATE: NEVER MIND. I had to delete all the cache files in the cache file directory and that works now. Were you aware of this? That you had to delete all your cache files ???

Thanks!
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi and thanks for your installation!

There's no "default value" for the dropdown box, you always have to choose a timeframe. Do you want to remove the "7 days" option by any chance?

Regarding the need of clearing the cache the installation instruction clearly states:
Do not forget to purge your cache (General page) and refresh your theme (Styles --> Themes page) in the ACP.
in the DIY-section.

Greets,
Bálint
biffstallion

Post by biffstallion »

Hi !... two things:

1) I'm looking at the file called "install_search_back_1.0.3.xml", I just don't see the mention of the "cache clearing".
I'm a QA guy so that's why I'm being anal :0)

2) As to setting a "default value", I really wasn't talking about your MOD - I really was referring to when you click on "View Active Topics", then at the bottom of that generated list of Topics, you get a pull-down box. That pull-down box is set to "7 days" as the default. I wanted to have it be "1 day" by default. That's really the reason I installed your awesome MOD as no one has been able to tell me how to do that. The good thing about your MOD is how granular a user can be, but most of my users really don't need that much granularity in time. "1 day" is sufficient. I was really simply looking to set the default of the existing "View Active Posts" functionality, from "7 days" to "1 day".

Thanks!

Biffstallion (Bob)
Boston, MA
Balint

Post by Balint »

biffstallion wrote:1) I'm looking at the file called "install_search_back_1.0.3.xml", I just don't see the mention of the "cache clearing".
I'm a QA guy so that's why I'm being anal :0)
You are right, the DIY-instructions did only show up in Internet Explorer, not in Firefox. Fixed download.
2) As to setting a "default value", I really wasn't talking about your MOD - I really was referring to when you click on "View Active Topics", then at the bottom of that generated list of Topics, you get a pull-down box. That pull-down box is set to "7 days" as the default. I wanted to have it be "1 day" by default. That's really the reason I installed your awesome MOD as no one has been able to tell me how to do that. The good thing about your MOD is how granular a user can be, but most of my users really don't need that much granularity in time. "1 day" is sufficient. I was really simply looking to set the default of the existing "View Active Posts" functionality, from "7 days" to "1 day".
Open search.php

Find

$sort_days = request_var('st', 7);
Replace with

$sort_days = request_var('st', 1);

Greets,
Bálint
leoricc

Post by leoricc »

Thanks for good module, it provides needed functionality. But unfortunately just have tried on 3.0.4 with no success - empty result list is showed. Can someone confirm that module works with 3.0.4? Or any advices how to adapt it to this version?
dmtalon

Post by dmtalon »

leoricc wrote:Thanks for good module, it provides needed functionality. But unfortunately just have tried on 3.0.4 with no success - empty result list is showed. Can someone confirm that module works with 3.0.4? Or any advices how to adapt it to this version?
I am currently running 3.0.4 and using this mod successfully, so it. I do not remember having to modify anything specific to searchback, but I do remember having to look at / merge quite a few file during the upgrade to 3.0.4.
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi,

the MOD was successfully tested with 3.0.4 - however, AutoMOD doesn't seem to like it, one "find-add after" shows "success" but mis-places the line in search.php which could have lead to the mentioned error from leoricc.

The

$show_results_st = request_var('search_time', 30);
line has to be after

$search_forum	= request_var('fid', array(0));
Regards,
Bálint
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi Balint,

if you haven't already done it, you should report this AutoMOD bug because I guess that many people will be using AutoMOD.

Regards
Wolfgang
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi Wolfgang,

it's partially my fault, there's a "blank" in my FIND and there sould be a "TAB". Will test again, i just wanted to make sure the MOD's still working.

Regards,
Bálint
leoricc

Post by leoricc »

Thanks for pointing issue, mod works fine after manual edit.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”