[Tutorial] How to use phpMyAdmin

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Bobster60

Re: [Tutorial] How to use phpMyAdmin

Post by Bobster60 »

good clear instructions thanks for the help :D
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.
Atkascha

Post by Atkascha »

Thank you, I forgot how to use that for so long.
thepimster

Post by thepimster »

Hi,

I am trying to get the Anti Bot Question Mod to work on my forum, and am following this tutorial by doing the following, as instructed:

But I get this "answer" back, now what?:

appreciate your input,

Thanks
Pim van Wijngaarden
MuseumShips
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

No expert here, but when that happens to me... usaully means that the table is already in your database. in your case the first line of that SQL ( enable_abquestion ). Even though you may or may have not installed it already. I now, it's whacky, but I get that from time to time myself.
I would skip the first line of SQL and insert the rest just to be sure you have all the ncessary SQL data for that mod in your database. Then, you might get the same error stating about duplicate entrys.. should mean your MOD is all set to go.

Again,no SQL guru here, but thats what works best for me when im trouble shooting simillar problems with my SQL.
thepimster

Post by thepimster »

Thanks Peter,

I tried your suggestion, but then I get the same error message for 'abquestion' etc........... :(

But thanks anyway
Last edited by thepimster on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pim van Wijngaarden
MuseumShips
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

Duplicate entry does mean exactly that. It means you already have the key "enable_abquestion" in your config table.

You have probably already done those queries once.
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

Here is a video on running a query, made it for someone and thought it may help more.

http://www.screencast.com/users/platinu ... 69c0368367
Graemei

Post by Graemei »

Great tutorial, thanks. :)
sugarie

Post by sugarie »

Hi there,
I am trying to install this mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&start=15 (ReIMG Image Resizer) and it requires that I input this code into sql.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('reimg_max_width', '640'), ('reimg_max_height', '480'), ('reimg_rel_width', '0'), ('reimg_swap_portrait', '1'), ('reimg_zoom', '_litebox');
However, after logging into phpmyadmin, and inputting the code into the SQL tab of my php database I get this error:
SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config( config_name, config_value )
VALUES (
'reimg_max_width', '640'
), (
'reimg_max_height', '480'
), (
'reimg_rel_width', '0'
), (
'reimg_swap_portrait', '1'
), (
'reimg_zoom', '_litebox'
)

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'reimg_max_width' for key 1
Any ideas on why I'm getting this or what it means? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

sugarie wrote:Hi there,
I am trying to install this mod http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&start=15 (ReIMG Image Resizer) and it requires that I input this code into sql.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('reimg_max_width', '640'), ('reimg_max_height', '480'), ('reimg_rel_width', '0'), ('reimg_swap_portrait', '1'), ('reimg_zoom', '_litebox');
However, after logging into phpmyadmin, and inputting the code into the SQL tab of my php database I get this error:
SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config( config_name, config_value )
VALUES (
'reimg_max_width', '640'
), (
'reimg_max_height', '480'
), (
'reimg_rel_width', '0'
), (
'reimg_swap_portrait', '1'
), (
'reimg_zoom', '_litebox'
)

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'reimg_max_width' for key 1
Any ideas on why I'm getting this or what it means? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
That means the tables are already there :)
sugarie

Post by sugarie »

Strange, why is that? It's my first time ever even going into the phpmyadmin panel. Ah, well. Thanks for your help.
platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 »

sugarie wrote:Strange, why is that? It's my first time ever even going into the phpmyadmin panel. Ah, well. Thanks for your help.
I believe it could have been done if you installed the Mod's Admin module and then browsed to the mod control in the ACP
work

Post by work »

Looks like you wrote this a few years ago... but it still works! Thank you for the help. I finally got my new mod working.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

work wrote:Looks like you wrote this a few years ago... but it still works! Thank you for the help. I finally got my new mod working.
Glad it helped. phpMyAdmin hasn't changed too much since I wrote this, so the info is still valid :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Can someone explain to me how to empty a table like users_birthday? I only see an option to change, browse or delete...

Say for example, 500 birthdays are in the table and those users are not even active on my forum.

I'd like to empty it out without messing up or deleting the birthdays table from phpbb_users table.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”