[RC1] phpBBroadcast - Leave a message across your whole boar

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
laclos

Re: [RC1] phpBBroadcast - Leave a message across your whole boar

Post by laclos »

I don't know how the code worked in phpNuke - it was just a built in feature and one my posters liked to abuse.

In their user control panel, they had a place to enter a message and send it. It showed up exactly like yours does in the header.

It lasted 10 minutes, but would only show up one time for any user. After that the message would be gone. If another user came along and sent one, I don't know if that knocked out the one before or if they were stored in a table and displayed in order.

I don't care too much about whether they remain on the board longer than 30 seconds. I just would like to make the functionality available to the posters. It would be nice to be able to turn it off completely in the admin panel though in case it gets to be too much.
yasinahmetsevim

Post by yasinahmetsevim »

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3575: Undefined index: broadcast_msg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3575: Undefined index: broadcast_uid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3575: Undefined index: broadcast_bitfield
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3575: Undefined index: broadcast_options
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3578: Undefined index: broadcast_on
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2954)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2954)

I get this error after the installation. Any idea to fix it?..
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

Are you sure you uploaded the needed files to includes/acp and includes/acp/info?
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve
yasinahmetsevim

Post by yasinahmetsevim »

Yes i was sure. I have founded the problem. When you have debug mod open in config.php and have installed the mod newly it gives that errors. After closing debug mod and open board wide message and enter an message it goes fine.
scansoft

Post by scansoft »

Nice mod,work's well...thanks :mrgreen:
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

first up... mod works perfectly ..
[Feature Request]
i'm not sure if we can do this in current version or not :?

1. multi line information..
2. limit of characters increased... because if i include a picture with a link to certain forum or outside link it leaves with very less characters to work with :mrgreen:
3. modification ares box dimension be increased in ACP. Currently that box is very small (only can view two lines) ..

thanks again for the useful mod..
oglach

Post by oglach »

Can you set this so that you can specify what users can turn it on and off?
davethegreat

Post by davethegreat »

Subsliver2 style support would be nice.
trib0

Post by trib0 »

on phpbb3.0.2 i get this error

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 155: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 158: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 159: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/common.php:1)
This only in my ACP. Also in the ACP i don't see where to turn on this setting and enter the tekst which should be visible on the index page.
This is also not mentioned in the mod install file???????????
http://www.puretrancers.com Trance Download Forum
moselekm

Post by moselekm »

Just what I've been wanting. Maybe you can make it so you can post several announcements due to the limited characters.
Sunka

Post by Sunka »

moselekm wrote:Just what I've been wanting. Maybe you can make it so you can post several announcements due to the limited characters.
I agree :mrgreen:
trib0

Post by trib0 »

Question: the mod works well on my phpbb3.0.2 forum but would it be possible to change the tekst "information" somewhere?
Im trying to find the right laguage file to change it but I cant find it.

Thanks a lot for writing this mod!
http://www.puretrancers.com Trance Download Forum
alok85india

Post by alok85india »

D/L link broken... can anyone fix it ?
Frank K

Post by Frank K »

lol another dead mod, they need to keep up on these issues and lock or remove the forums to a dead zone.
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

Please note i have now officially taken over this mod. Will review the code in due course

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”