[RC1] phpBBroadcast - Leave a message across your whole boar

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
nanothree

[RC1] phpBBroadcast - Leave a message across your whole boar

Post by nanothree »

Modification name: phpBBroadcast
Author: nanothree
Modification description: This MOD allows you to broadcast a message across the whole of your forum. It goes right under the navigation bar
Modification version: 1.1.RC1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.RC7

Download file: phpBBroadcast

This mod will allow you to broadcast a message to all users on your site via every page, you can turn it on and off in the ACP. Also supports bbcode Hope someone else finds it useful!
Last edited by nanothree on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
.:: Chico ::.

Re: [RC1] phpBBroadcast - Leave a message across your whole boar

Post by .:: Chico ::. »

is it like a global announcement in index_body, forumtopicbody, etc?
notsa

Post by notsa »

nice thanks i like that it's easy to turn on and off lol :) :D :D
wee_helen

Post by wee_helen »

Does anyone know if you can include html or BBCode in your message? I have tried and failed.

Helen
yaw_pakhtoon

Post by yaw_pakhtoon »

cool.. this might come in handy..
thanks.
nanothree

Post by nanothree »

.:: Chico ::. wrote:is it like a global announcement in index_body, forumtopicbody, etc?
Yes it is.
wee_helen wrote:Does anyone know if you can include html or BBCode in your message? I have tried and failed.
No it can't but i will look into adding BBcode for version 1.1

I will release that in a couple of days
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

This is one mod that I would LOVE to have!! Since I'm still developing my forum this would be a great announcement feature.

After adding all of the code and files required I am unable to locate the option for this mod in the ACP.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

TIA!

-Michael
nanothree

Post by nanothree »

OK, its likely that you haven't added it as a module.
  • Go to the ACP.
    Click on the "System" tab
    On the left under "Module Management" click "Administration Control Panel"
    Then choose the "General" category
    Then create another category called "phpBBroadcast" (or whatever you want). Make sure you enable the module
    Go into the category you just made and choose "Configure" form underneath the phpBBroadcast heading in the dropdown list next to the button that says "add module"
    Make sure that you enable and display the module.
    It will then appear under the "General" tab
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

Thanks! I managed to get the module added, but when trying to get to it in ACP I get the following debug error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpBBroadcast.php on line 13: main(./..//includes/functions_phpBBFolk.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpBBroadcast.php on line 13: main(./..//includes/functions_phpBBFolk.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpBBroadcast.php on line 13: main(): Failed opening './..//includes/functions_phpBBFolk.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
nanothree

Post by nanothree »

I think i know why thats happened, go to line 13 in includes/acp/acp_phpBBroadcast.php

and replace

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . '/includes/functions_phpBBFolk.'.$phpEx);

with

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_phpBBFolk.'.$phpEx);

Tell me if that works.
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

Same Thing:
phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpBBroadcast.php on line 25: main(./../includes/functions_phpBBFolk.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpBBroadcast.php on line 25: main(./../includes/functions_phpBBFolk.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_phpBBroadcast.php on line 25: main(): Failed opening './../includes/functions_phpBBFolk.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3720)
FYI - I checked the includes folder, and I do not have a functions_phpBBFolk.php file...
nanothree

Post by nanothree »

Oh dear, sorry about that. I didnt read the message properly. You can safely remove that line. Thats from my other mod and shouldnt have been left in there
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

Ok. Thanks!! FYI, I got the following error also:
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./style/acp_phpBBroadcast_configure.html does not exist or is empty
***EDIT****

If my FTP client wouldn't have changed case I would be ok....Got it installed finally :)

I'll let you know how it works!

Thanks for your help.
Gizmokid2005

Post by Gizmokid2005 »

It does work! I noticed it's only on the main index page, but it does show up.

My forum
User: testuser
PW: testtest
nanothree

Post by nanothree »

Are you sure that you edited the correct files? The one on my board is on all pages. Let me just check wether the installation file is correct.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”