[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
champsabin

Re: [DEV] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.0.0

Post by champsabin »

battye wrote:Is there a medals system for Olympus yet?
Yeah, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=582123
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

Well, I do have a request.

So far the most limiting seems to be inability to combine all three types of questions into one quiz. Honestly, I do not see principal difference between True / False Quiz and Multiple Choice Quiz containing only two choices - "True" or "False". It may make all the difference in terms of coding, but not from a user stand point.

I see there is new 'One page layout' feature. Would this combine all the types of quizzes?

Since attachments are build-in now would it be feasible to add pictures to questions?

Somebody actually wants smilies support? I am dumb-struck how they are going to use them... :shock:
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

phpDummie wrote:Well, I do have a request.

So far the most limiting seems to be inability to combine all three types of questions into one quiz. Honestly, I do not see principal difference between True / False Quiz and Multiple Choice Quiz containing only two choices - "True" or "False". It may make all the difference in terms of coding, but not from a user stand point.

I see there is new 'One page layout' feature. Would this combine all the types of quizzes?

Since attachments are build-in now would it be feasible to add pictures to questions?

Somebody actually wants smilies support? I am dumb-struck how they are going to use them... :shock:
Smilies are only added because they are dead easy. It's just as easy to have them than to not have them, so why not include them.

It might be feasible to have attachments. I haven't had a good look at attachments in v3 yet, but it is a strong possibility.

As for combining quizzes, I'll need to think about it. From a development perspective, I have always had different template files, different code, etc for the three types. I'm not sure how easy it will be to combine them, but I will consider it. It would make things interesting.

Thanks for the ideas.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
phpDummie

Post by phpDummie »

battye wrote:... It might be feasible to have attachments. I haven't had a good look at attachments in v3 yet, but it is a strong possibility. ...
If not full-blown attachments, then at least support for BBcode to put the links into the questions.
This would make it possible to have quizzes to identify paintings or music, for example. Yeah! Multi-media quizzes - the next level of sophistication!
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

phpDummie wrote:
battye wrote:... It might be feasible to have attachments. I haven't had a good look at attachments in v3 yet, but it is a strong possibility. ...
If not full-blown attachments, then at least support for BBcode to put the links into the questions.
This would make it possible to have quizzes to identify paintings or music, for example. Yeah! Multi-media quizzes - the next level of sophistication!
http://forums.cricketmx.com/viewtopic.php?p=81360#81360
Submit quiz
-Quiz categories
-Option to include explanation to answers
-Use of bbCode and smilies
;)

lennibert

Post by lennibert »

hi there, great work so far!

I got another suggestion, which would be very helpful for me (don't know if it would be of use to many other people though)...

The idea is to have like two types of categories for the quizzes and enable the user to choose one or more of each of these to answer questions. I'll do a little example to make it clear. Let's say I'm gonna use the quiz to help users practice for certain anual exams, using the questions of the last years. So it would be usefull to have one category concerning the year of the exam and another regarding to the topic, eg. math.
The user should now be able to choose for example the years 1999 AND 2000 and the topics math AND geography and is then presented all the questions of these topics that were used in these years.

Hope u got my point ;-)
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

lennibert wrote:hi there, great work so far!

I got another suggestion, which would be very helpful for me (don't know if it would be of use to many other people though)...

The idea is to have like two types of categories for the quizzes and enable the user to choose one or more of each of these to answer questions. I'll do a little example to make it clear. Let's say I'm gonna use the quiz to help users practice for certain anual exams, using the questions of the last years. So it would be usefull to have one category concerning the year of the exam and another regarding to the topic, eg. math.
The user should now be able to choose for example the years 1999 AND 2000 and the topics math AND geography and is then presented all the questions of these topics that were used in these years.

Hope u got my point ;-)
Why couldn't you just put your quizzes in their respective categories - ie. add a Geography and a Maths quiz to 1999 and then to 2000?

lennibert

Post by lennibert »

battye wrote:Why couldn't you just put your quizzes in their respective categories - ie. add a Geography and a Maths quiz to 1999 and then to 2000?
obviously that's an option, but it's not quite the same. the slight difference:in this case it won't be possible to be asked for example the Math questions of all the years in one quiz. no need to bother though ;-)

since phpbb3 gold was finished recently - any idea when the first release of the new quiz mod will be ready? :)
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

lennibert wrote:
battye wrote:Why couldn't you just put your quizzes in their respective categories - ie. add a Geography and a Maths quiz to 1999 and then to 2000?
obviously that's an option, but it's not quite the same. the slight difference:in this case it won't be possible to be asked for example the Math questions of all the years in one quiz. no need to bother though ;-)

since phpbb3 gold was finished recently - any idea when the first release of the new quiz mod will be ready? :)
Not yet. When I finish my phpBB3 based website then I will have time for UQM2 :)

Appaz

Post by Appaz »

my 2 cents:

I remember i was having a thought couple of years ago, about forum experts thingie.
that could be easy made with quiz mod, actually.

so, what is that experts thing about?

for example:
forum (or category?) has a quiz, made by forum moderator or admin. each site member can access every forum's quiz and participate. everybody gets his score. and, if user gets needed amount of poins (for example - 90% correct answers), he becomes a forum expert. his status is shown on viewtopic, under avatar - expert!

for example user passed quiz test for forum id 3 (arts), so, he has expert status in that exact foprum. but not on other forums.

every user may pass experts test just once (i guess that would make less possibility to have fake "experts")

what does that experts thing give to a forum?
users are not lost. they see who's who on each forum, they know on who's answers they can rely.

maybe even badly passed test (10% correct) might be shown on viewtopic, so users know, who just "makes" himself an expert...

i hope my idea is clear... :)
People won't work. Successful idea will.
lli

Post by lli »

Bump!

Is there any progress on this MOD? I have a board ready & waiting for it... :)
Dave
uninvitguest

Post by uninvitguest »

me too.
I´ll use it for exams.
I hope it could be finish as soon as possible!!

:lol:
atomjani

Post by atomjani »

This is not much. There isn't some function. Example:Highscores,where every members see the highsore(not only my scores).
Jan Christensen

Post by Jan Christensen »

Is this MOD abandoned?
Jan Christensen • Danish language package author • Olympus DK Team
drankur

Post by drankur »

waiting for its release , any updates plz :roll:

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”