+100 for all threevipaka wrote:Even more suggestions:
*Result-based quizzes. Like which blah-blah are you/personality quizzes where each question's answers holds a specific value towards a result, and at the end of the quiz those values (for each possible result) are totaled to find the appropriate result.
*Double or triple point rewards for perfect quiz scores.
*For permissions, permissions for which groups can submit quizzes in each specific quiz category, not just who can see/test with them.
it's being developed again:darkonia wrote:the mod author is a long time not active and the mod also, why also wish new things, code it for ya own and present it us
posted on Oct 27battye wrote:I am restarting development of the Ultimate Quiz MOD with Dugi! We are currently co-authoring v2.1.2 which will contain several new features. We will be continuing the v2.1.x line so that anyone currently using v2.1.0 or v2.1.1 will be able to easily upgrade.
Here is a message from Dugi outlining the plans for the new version:
If anyone has any suggestions for a future release, please do post them so we can take them into consideration!Dugi wrote:I'm happy to announce that battye has decided to continue the development of the Ultimate Quiz MOD. The only new thing is that I'm helping battye with this MOD's development now.
This MOD continues the series of the previous versions, so the next version will be 2.1.2.
This topic shows how me and battye are progressing with the MOD and we will list all future features here.
- Version 2.1.2
- Quiz timer (countdown) - Adds a countdown timer to a quiz. - battye - 0%
- UMIL installer - Dugi - 0%
- BBCode support for quizzes - Dugi - 0%
- User Interface fixes and additions (includes new icons) - Dugi - 0%
- Group permissions - When creating categories, select which groups should see quizzes from that category. - Dugi - 0%
- Group rewards - User will become part of group X if he answered X% of the questions correctly (this is category based) - battye - 0%
I'm glad to hear you're planning to update this cool mod!battye wrote:If anyone has any suggestions for a future release, please do post them so we can take them into consideration!
hell4ween wrote:In the table of statistics, it is necessary to record the id of question and answer, then when editing will not spoil the statistics.
I commented on some of the suggested features above.hywel wrote:I'm glad to hear you're planning to update this cool mod!battye wrote:If anyone has any suggestions for a future release, please do post them so we can take them into consideration!
Here are my suggestions:
- category description
- quiz introduction text
- bbCode option - Next version
- question forms like true/false, input answer and multiple choice - True/false and multiple choice already available
- users can/cannot play their own quizzes
- time limits - Next version
- quiz save and resume - Can't be added
- "best results" stat - Already available
- "most played" stat - Already available
- "most correct answers" stat - Already available
- "highest percentage of correct answers" stat - Already available
- group permissions - Next version
- specific icon in overall_header - Already available
- users shouldn't be allowed to play a quiz more than once - Next version
- chance to put the acp module inside the parent .mod module (I've tried that and the quiz module isn't showing at all) - Next version
- button image for creating a new quiz - Next version
- naming the quiz on the same page where you add questions
- setting the correct question on the same page where you add them all
- exact name of the author (as for now, all nicks get lowercased)
- hell4ween wrote:In the table of statistics, it is necessary to record the id of question and answer, then when editing will not spoil the statistics.
- correct answer in quiz_results shouldn't be explained (correct: you voted x, x was the correct answer / should just be: correct: you voted x).
- when questions get sent to the database, in case they're longer than 255 chars a general error pops out; however a partial quiz gets sent, but it is missing the whole questions. I'd like the mod to say questions are too long without popping out a general error, and also without sending a partial quiz to the database
I haven't had a chance this week to add anything new, but I did finish the group rewards feature last week. The admin can define the minimum percentage a user must get in each quiz in a given category, and once the user achieves that requirement they will be moved into a usergroup specified by the admin.Jessica wrote:What's the progress so far? (just want to know)