[ALPHA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
vipaka

Re: [DEV] Ultimate Quiz MOD v2.1.2

Post by vipaka »

Even more suggestions:

*Result-based quizzes. Like which blah-blah are you/personality quizzes where each question's answers holds a specific value towards a result, and at the end of the quiz those values (for each possible result) are totaled to find the appropriate result.
*Double or triple point rewards for perfect quiz scores.
*For permissions, permissions for which groups can submit quizzes in each specific quiz category, not just who can see/test with them.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

vipaka wrote:Even more suggestions:

*Result-based quizzes. Like which blah-blah are you/personality quizzes where each question's answers holds a specific value towards a result, and at the end of the quiz those values (for each possible result) are totaled to find the appropriate result.
*Double or triple point rewards for perfect quiz scores.
*For permissions, permissions for which groups can submit quizzes in each specific quiz category, not just who can see/test with them.
+100 for all three
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

the mod author is a long time not active and the mod also, why also wish new things, code it for ya own and present it us :ugeek:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

darkonia wrote:the mod author is a long time not active and the mod also, why also wish new things, code it for ya own and present it us :ugeek:
it's being developed again:
battye wrote:I am restarting development of the Ultimate Quiz MOD with Dugi! We are currently co-authoring v2.1.2 which will contain several new features. We will be continuing the v2.1.x line so that anyone currently using v2.1.0 or v2.1.1 will be able to easily upgrade.

Here is a message from Dugi outlining the plans for the new version:
Dugi wrote:I'm happy to announce that battye has decided to continue the development of the Ultimate Quiz MOD. The only new thing is that I'm helping battye with this MOD's development now.

This MOD continues the series of the previous versions, so the next version will be 2.1.2.

This topic shows how me and battye are progressing with the MOD and we will list all future features here.
  • Version 2.1.2
    1. Quiz timer (countdown) - Adds a countdown timer to a quiz. - battye - 0%
    2. UMIL installer - Dugi - 0%
    3. BBCode support for quizzes - Dugi - 0%
    4. User Interface fixes and additions (includes new icons) - Dugi - 0%
    5. Group permissions - When creating categories, select which groups should see quizzes from that category. - Dugi - 0%
    6. Group rewards - User will become part of group X if he answered X% of the questions correctly (this is category based) - battye - 0%
If anyone has any suggestions for a future release, please do post them so we can take them into consideration!

Thank you
posted on Oct 27
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

We have a fairly structured plan for the 2.1.2 release, but beyond that we can definitely incorporate some of these requests. I know Dugi is quite keen to see vipaka's idea of permissions for which usergroups can submit quizzes included, while I quite like Jessica's idea of only being allowed to play one quiz at a time as it leaves the system less open to abuse (ie. users just clicking until they find an easy quiz that they can earn some forum cash or points on).

Also Jessica, the "fill in the blank" (or input answer questions as I call them) will definitely be included at some point, I personally rate that as the most important future feature. You can actually do True/False quizzes in the existing version by just typing in True and False as the multiple choices :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

on our board we have on the quiz mainpage over the categories a block with the 5 newest Quizzes from the users, maybe its also a good new feature for a new version.

MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

hywel

Post by hywel »

battye wrote:If anyone has any suggestions for a future release, please do post them so we can take them into consideration!
I'm glad to hear you're planning to update this cool mod!
Here are my suggestions:
  • category description
  • quiz introduction text
  • bbCode option
  • question forms like true/false, input answer and multiple choice
  • users can/cannot play their own quizzes
  • time limits
  • quiz save and resume
  • "best results" stat
  • "most played" stat
  • "most correct answers" stat
  • "highest percentage of correct answers" stat
  • group permissions
  • specific icon in overall_header
  • users shouldn't be allowed to play a quiz more than once
  • chance to put the acp module inside the parent .mod module (I've tried that and the quiz module isn't showing at all)
  • button image for creating a new quiz
  • naming the quiz on the same page where you add questions
  • setting the correct question on the same page where you add them all
  • exact name of the author (as for now, all nicks get lowercased)
  • hell4ween wrote:In the table of statistics, it is necessary to record the id of question and answer, then when editing will not spoil the statistics.
  • correct answer in quiz_results shouldn't be explained (correct: you voted x, x was the correct answer / should just be: correct: you voted x).
  • when questions get sent to the database, in case they're longer than 255 chars a general error pops out; however a partial quiz gets sent, but it is missing the whole questions. I'd like the mod to say questions are too long without popping out a general error, and also without sending a partial quiz to the database
Cheers

Dugi

Post by Dugi »

hywel wrote:
battye wrote:If anyone has any suggestions for a future release, please do post them so we can take them into consideration!
I'm glad to hear you're planning to update this cool mod!
Here are my suggestions:
  • category description
  • quiz introduction text
  • bbCode option - Next version
  • question forms like true/false, input answer and multiple choice - True/false and multiple choice already available
  • users can/cannot play their own quizzes
  • time limits - Next version
  • quiz save and resume - Can't be added
  • "best results" stat - Already available
  • "most played" stat - Already available
  • "most correct answers" stat - Already available
  • "highest percentage of correct answers" stat - Already available
  • group permissions - Next version
  • specific icon in overall_header - Already available
  • users shouldn't be allowed to play a quiz more than once - Next version
  • chance to put the acp module inside the parent .mod module (I've tried that and the quiz module isn't showing at all) - Next version
  • button image for creating a new quiz - Next version
  • naming the quiz on the same page where you add questions
  • setting the correct question on the same page where you add them all
  • exact name of the author (as for now, all nicks get lowercased)
  • hell4ween wrote:In the table of statistics, it is necessary to record the id of question and answer, then when editing will not spoil the statistics.
  • correct answer in quiz_results shouldn't be explained (correct: you voted x, x was the correct answer / should just be: correct: you voted x).
  • when questions get sent to the database, in case they're longer than 255 chars a general error pops out; however a partial quiz gets sent, but it is missing the whole questions. I'd like the mod to say questions are too long without popping out a general error, and also without sending a partial quiz to the database
Cheers
I commented on some of the suggested features above.
PM me for custom extension pricing / My validated MODs / My MODs in development

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

When would you estimate you would be finished with development? Next month?

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

It's a bit early to say right now. We've planned 4 major features for this release (time limits, group permissions, group rewards and bbCode support) plus a few minor things like UI tweaks and a UMIL installer. Time limits is finished, and this weekend I am starting work on group rewards (moving a user into a specified usergroup if they meet some quiz criteria).

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

ok, keep it up :mrgreen:

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

What's the progress so far? (just want to know)

shinoj

Post by shinoj »

Hello,
I am pretty new to phpbb and I am from India. I am looking for a quiz tool to my web site, www.ugcenglish.com .I am really interested to have this plugin working in my website. Looking forward to its finalization.

Loving regards,
Shinoj

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Jessica wrote:What's the progress so far? (just want to know)
I haven't had a chance this week to add anything new, but I did finish the group rewards feature last week. The admin can define the minimum percentage a user must get in each quiz in a given category, and once the user achieves that requirement they will be moved into a usergroup specified by the admin.

That leaves the following major things still to be done before release, of which the group permissions will probably be the most time consuming:

Group permissions
UMIL installer
bbCode support
UTF-8 investigation (as there have been reports UQM doesn't handle foreign characters correctly)

I also want to add a feature requested a few posts up by Darkonia, of the last few quizzes being shown on the quiz index.

wbxpress

Post by wbxpress »

eagerly waiting for this MOD. :mrgreen:

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”