[MODDB] Smartfeed for phpBB 3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
MarkDHamill

Re: [RC11] Smartfeed for phpBB 3

Post by MarkDHamill »

This looks suspicious:

/language/en_us/mods/smartfeed.php on line 195: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_registered

The install instructions say to install in /language/en/. Are you sure you copied the language file to the correct location?
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. eBook and paper versions available.
EAM

Post by EAM »

Yes, I duplicated all of the smartfeed and digests changes into my en_us folders and they were working great. I only copied three of the en_us files for 3.0.5 since that is all that was supposed to have changed. I then did file compares and made the smartfeed and digest changes in them. Maybe I need to copy up all of the en_us files. I'll have to check that out.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

It may be easier to try to install from scratch then apply all the changes. Just check the code changes to make sure they are not different from what you already have and copy down the new files.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. eBook and paper versions available.
EAM

Post by EAM »

At the end of the language/en/mods/smartfeed.php file there is:

$smartfeed_sort_by_values = array(
'BOARD' => 'user',
'POSTDATE_DESC' => 'postdate_desc',
'POSTDATE' => 'postdate',
'STANDARD_DESC' => 'standard_desc',
'STANDARD' => 'standard',
);

$smartfeed_feed_style_values = array(
'COMPACT' => 'COMPACT',
'BASIC' => 'BASIC',
'HTML' => 'HTML',
'HTMLSAFE' => 'HTMLSAFE',
);

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
'SMARTFEED_FEED_STYLE_VALUES' => $smartfeed_feed_style_values,
'SMARTFEED_SORT_BY_VALUES' => $smartfeed_sort_by_values,
'SMARTFEED_TIME_LIMIT_REGISTERED' => $smartfeed_time_limit_registered,
'SMARTFEED_TIME_LIMIT_SECONDS' => $smartfeed_time_limit_seconds,
'SMARTFEED_TIME_LIMIT_UNREGISTERED' => $smartfeed_time_limit_unregistered,
));

As you can see the other variables, $smartfeed_sort_by_values, etc., are being assigned values but when doing a search of both my old and new installations and all of the smartfeed mod installation files, I can't find anywhere where the $smartfeed_time_limit_registered and the other two variables are assigned values or even referenced. Maybe I can just assign them here but do you know what should those values represent?

Thanks. P.S. Not sure why I wasn't getting an error when I used 3.0.3.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

These values are now constants and are in /includes/constants_smartfeed.php. This was at the suggestion of the phpBB Mod Team, I believe.
nobrell

Post by nobrell »

Hi Mark.
Just for your information.
I have now updated to 2.2.10 and I still have the same problem as before
Using TripleDES.php from 2.2.8 to get it to work.
I know that there is nothing you can do about it, and I will let you know if I get it to work.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Thanks. No, I did not correct it because it would be drawn to my attention again by the phpBB Mod team as a defect. Sorry.
Rebell

Post by Rebell »

Hello,

where is an actual download link ?

Tnx - cya :D
OLDSKOOLDEMOMAKER FORUMS : http://kickme.to/osdm
make demos like in the good old days on amiga or c64 without programming knowledge !
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

One post above yours there is a link in the authors signature, but if it is hard to find, here is the link: http://phpbbservices.com/smartfeed/
nobrell

Post by nobrell »

nobrell wrote:Hi Mark.
Just for your information.
I have now updated to 2.2.10 and I still have the same problem as before
Using TripleDES.php from 2.2.8 to get it to work.
I know that there is nothing you can do about it, and I will let you know if I get it to work.
Hi Mark
Update on my problem. I have finally got around to build my own LAMP host and I have now moved(not reinstalled) everything from my old windowshost.
Now TripleDES.php from 2.2.10 works for me too :D
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian)/PHP5.2.6-1/MySQL 5.0.51a
Mickroz

Post by Mickroz »

MarkDHamill wrote:This looks suspicious:

/language/en_us/mods/smartfeed.php on line 195: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_registered

The install instructions say to install in /language/en/. Are you sure you copied the language file to the correct location?
i got the same here when updating from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 with smartfeeds 2.2.7.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/nl/mods/smartfeed.php on line 194: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_registered
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/nl/mods/smartfeed.php on line 195: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_seconds
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/nl/mods/smartfeed.php on line 196: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_unregistered
i updated to 2.2.10 still gets the same error.
whe going to smartfeed_url.php i get this

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/nl/mods/smartfeed.php on line 194: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_registered
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/nl/mods/smartfeed.php on line 195: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_seconds
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/nl/mods/smartfeed.php on line 196: Undefined variable: smartfeed_time_limit_unregistered
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 81: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /smartfeed_url.php on line 370: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 182: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 193: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_INTERNAL - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_INTERNAL'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 214: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_MCRYPT - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_MCRYPT'

Fatal error: Class 'Crypt_DES' not found in /sites/bmwforum.nl/www/includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 226
I don't need to "get a life." I'm a Gamer, I have lots of lives!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I did not turn on notices when testing, so I did not see this.

I would comment out or remove these lines from the bottom of /language/en/mods/smartfeed.php:

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'SMARTFEED_FEED_STYLE_VALUES'			=> $smartfeed_feed_style_values,
	'SMARTFEED_SORT_BY_VALUES'				=> $smartfeed_sort_by_values,
	'SMARTFEED_TIME_LIMIT_REGISTERED'		=> $smartfeed_time_limit_registered,
	'SMARTFEED_TIME_LIMIT_SECONDS'			=> $smartfeed_time_limit_seconds,
	'SMARTFEED_TIME_LIMIT_UNREGISTERED'		=> $smartfeed_time_limit_unregistered,
));
You shouldn't need these since they are no longer language variables but constants stored in /includes/constants_smartfeed.php.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 81: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /smartfeed_url.php on line 370: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 182: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_CBC'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 193: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_INTERNAL - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_INTERNAL'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/Crypt/TripleDES.php on line 214: Use of undefined constant CRYPT_DES_MODE_MCRYPT - assumed 'CRYPT_DES_MODE_MCRYPT'
These are defined in /includes/Crypt/DES.php which you should have copied down. That they do not appear means that the lines I changed in TripleDES.php at the request of the phpBB Mod Team are not working correctly, specifically, these:

// require_once 'DES.php'; -- MDH 4/29/09 - This line commented out and following lines substituted to address MPV warning
if (file_exists('DES.php'))
{
	include ('DES.php');
}
Try uncommenting the require_once line and commenting the others and see if it goes away. I think someone else reported this issue. I assume it has something to do with the file_exists function? Are you hosted on a Windows server?
Mickroz

Post by Mickroz »

i commented out the lines in the language file, and changed back the changes to tripleDES.php, now im getting:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 19: Constant SMARTFEED_NO_LIMIT_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 20: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_QUARTER_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 21: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_MONTH_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 22: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_TWO_WEEKS_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 23: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_WEEK_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 24: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_DAY_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 25: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_12_HOURS_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 26: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_6_HOURS_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 27: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_3_HOURS_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 28: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_1_HOURS_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 29: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_30_MINUTES_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 30: Constant SMARTFEED_LAST_15_MINUTES_VALUE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 31: Constant SMARTFEED_SINCE_LAST_VISIT already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 33: Constant SMARTFEED_NO_LIMIT already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 34: Constant SMARTFEED_3_MONTH already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 35: Constant SMARTFEED_1_MONTH already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 36: Constant SMARTFEED_14_DAY already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 37: Constant SMARTFEED_7_DAY already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 38: Constant SMARTFEED_1_DAY already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 39: Constant SMARTFEED_12_HOUR already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 40: Constant SMARTFEED_6_HOUR already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 41: Constant SMARTFEED_3_HOUR already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 42: Constant SMARTFEED_1_HOUR already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 43: Constant SMARTFEED_30_MINUTE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 44: Constant SMARTFEED_15_MINUTE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 46: Constant SMARTFEED_BOARD already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 47: Constant SMARTFEED_POSTDATE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 48: Constant SMARTFEED_POSTDATE_DESC already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 49: Constant SMARTFEED_STANDARD already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 50: Constant SMARTFEED_STANDARD_DESC already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 52: Constant SMARTFEED_BASIC already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 53: Constant SMARTFEED_COMPACT already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 54: Constant SMARTFEED_HTML already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/constants_smartfeed.php on line 55: Constant SMARTFEED_HTMLSAFE already defined
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3960: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3279)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3962: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3279)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3963: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3279)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3964: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3279)
as far as i can see the site is running on a freeBSD apache server.
I don't need to "get a life." I'm a Gamer, I have lots of lives!
Q: Whats a hash and a root password?
A: hash gets you high, root password gives you god powers, combine the 2 and you are invincible.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I don't have an instant answer, but I am looking at Smartfeed now because I got comment back from the phpBB Mod Team and I will turn on notices and see if I can figure all these out.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”