[RC] lastRSS agregator 2.0.0RC

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
trilarian

Re: [RC] lastRSS agregator 2.0.0RC

Post by trilarian »

Smix wrote::shock: I can´t find any other reason for this behavior than this :
Did you edited the templates ??? Epoch is subsilver2 based style ...
The only edit I did to the template was to replace the logo with a custom graphic. Other than that, out of the box Epoch. What *should* it look like when working properly? Also, the edits where just includes - is that all that is needed for the mod to function?

Smix

Post by Smix »

I think, we´ve finally found your problem ;) ...

No. Changing php is only one half of the mod ;) ... Open the root of the packaged mod and go to "/templates" directory and open prosilver.xml / subsilver2.xml file and make all necessary edits in templates ;)

trilarian

Post by trilarian »

OK, at least we know where I am going wrong. What edits do I need to make? I looked over the included Install.xml file again, but it doesn't mention editting any files outside of the PHP.

EDIT => Nevermind, I see there is a second set of intructions within the template folder... I'll post back when I do those.

Smix

Post by Smix »

Install.xml is only one part of installation. Edits for styles are separated in /templates directory ... I´m following the standard packaging policy for phpBB3 MODs ...

btw. I´ve already noticed, that there are more edits for templates ...
install.xml wrote:After editing all templates, copy file contrib/install.php to contrib/install.php.
edit : LOL ... The packaging policy has changed today ... :lol:

trilarian

Post by trilarian »

OK, that seemed to do the trick. Now there is a tracker centered across the top that alternates text from the RSS Feed. Thanks for the help.

For the long run, I'd want more of a menu that you can see all 10 items at the same time (like a sidebar) instead of one flashing. However, I see you have an auto-post feature that you are working on. I'll just wait for that to be complete (at least to the point of ACP) and go with that. That would be more in line with what I want, because it could clone post the original while allowing users to respond to the auto-post.

Thanks again.

Smix

Post by Smix »

I´ve got good news ... I´ve probably fixed all known bugs and I´m going to pack RC2 version of this mod ;) ...

exterminabur

Post by exterminabur »

Hi
thanks for this mod , good work!

but one thing, your Rss reader can obtain "rss" from http://feeds.feedburner.com/viedemerde

Socan you help me to modify to add this one or any help ;)

Ican show rss from "chuck norris facts", "guildwars rss" but not forum this site.

Thanks and go on ;)

Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello
Thanks for the report, it´s because CDATA are striped from the code ... I´ll probably add a feature (as was in the original lastRSS class) to enable/disable striping CDATA ...

exterminabur

Post by exterminabur »

Ok great ;)

I see too that this "style" of Rss like "http://feeds.feedburner.com/viedemerde" have a XML version "http://feeds.feedburner.com/viedemerde?format=xml" doesn't work too.

If it can help you.

;)

And we can see on the Rss Board (on the index for example) only 3 sorts of RSS in the same time .

I want to say if I put 4 "Rss agregator" on "ON" , only 3 of them are on the agrgator reader.

It's maybe normal ^^,i search where to read more than 3.

rohithathie

Post by rohithathie »

thnxx trying right now

Smix

Post by Smix »

exterminabur wrote:I want to say if I put 4 "Rss agregator" on "ON" , only 3 of them are on the agrgator reader.
... maybe you´ve found a bug :? :) ... I´ll check this more clearly before releasing RC2 (that means now / this weekend) ... as I´m reading my code (after long time), I´m not sure, how many feeds are shown :lol: :roll: :oops: ...

busterkat

Post by busterkat »

Hi
Quick question about functionality of this mod.

I would like to take a Google news feed and push it into a forum. Can this mod do that?

Thanks

zelnik44

Post by zelnik44 »

Hi, Hoping some can help.

Edited all files, Uploaded and I've ran the install.php..

When I goto: Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > .MODs and add both modules and the enable them.

Everything seems fine

I click the .MOD tab and nothing is there..

Any help? thanks so much!

zelnik44

Post by zelnik44 »

Nevermind sorted that part.

I didn't create a category before i placed the 2 mods into the section.

zelnik44

Post by zelnik44 »

I have found what is probably a quite easy bug to fix.

If the RSS feed titles include any 'foreign' characters it cuts the description name.

So if say the topic is "Three of the five youngsters missing from care home in Córdoba have been found"

it will display "Three of the five youngsters missing from care home in C"

Another example: "Julian Muñoz starts third prison pass" just shows "Julian Mu"

Is there a quick/easy fix for this please? Thanks as it's a brilliant mod otherwise.

Should mention that the RSS feed is a English newspaper site for Spain so a lot of these characters are used.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”