[ABD]Ajax Shoutbox 1.2.x

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [BETA]Ajax Shoutbox 1.1.x

Post by Paul »

joebart72 wrote:
Paul wrote:
dunv007 wrote:hi paul i updated the shoutbox from version 1.0.0 to 1.1.1

i also refreshed the templetes .But Still Its Giving A Error In the ShoutBox

"There has been a JavaScript error. \nError:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment"

please Help :cry:
Can you try it with this js.php: http://paulsohier.nl/ajax/browser/branc ... format=raw please?
I had the same error message but it's OK with the new js.php :)

But I would like the view I had besfore, IE the names under the date because it's not very nice now...

Use http://paulsohier.nl/ajax/browser/branc ... js?rev=266 and http://paulsohier.nl/ajax/browser/branc ... format=raw for a bit better layout. The username will not be placed again under the date, as that was never how it should be displayed.
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

OMG !!!!

:o :o :o
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
Paul

Post by Paul »

joebart72 wrote:OMG !!!!

:o :o :o
Can you try this one: http://paulsohier.nl/ajax/browser/branc ... format=raw
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

Hi Paul I had a look over the install I made yesterday again now in more detail and I cant understand what I am doing wrong? I have everything installed as the instructions tell me to do but the shoutbox wont show on my forum at all on any of the templates I have and I have added to all the templates! I have no errors showing on the forum ... just no shoutbox and nothing in the ACP regarding a shoutbox? here's a couple of things that confuse me in the instructions that might be where I am going wrong ..

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php

I followed the route but the direction ( mods/acp ) in the above direction puzzled me as my route was more likely to be root/language/en/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php or was I supposed to create the acp folder inside the mods folder? and then drop the file in that :?

also this one other bit I am not sure about?

If you place it somewhere else as index_body.html you need also to move the call to $user->add_lang in index.php to the correct page. <-- did I need to paste the bolded part to some other file not mentioned in the install notes that would let me see the shoutbox?

Sorry mate I dont intend to be a pest but I feel I have scrutinized everything so many times over and cant understand why I don't see a shoutbox yet and no forum errors after the install makes me think its just hiding :lol: I wont attempt the updated rar just yet until I get an idea why this install has failed sort of ..

Any suggestions mate?
Cheers
Ron.
Last edited by Mysteron71 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

That's better :)

I think I'm going to keep like that ;)
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mysteron71 wrote:Hi Paul I had a look over the install I made yesterday again now in more detail and I cant understand what I am doing wrong? I have everything installed as the instructions tell me to do but the shoutbox wont show on my forum at all on any of the templates I have and I have added to all the templates! I have no errors showing on the forum ... just no shoutbox and nothing in the ACP regarding a shoutbox? here's a couple of things that confuse me in the instructions that might be where I am going wrong ..

Copy: root/language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php
To: language/en/mods/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php

I followed the route but the direction ( mods/acp ) in the above direction puzzled me as my route was more likely to be root/language/en/acp/permissions_ajax_shoutbox.php or was I supposed to create the acp folder inside the mods folder? and then drop the file in that :?

also this one other bit I am not sure about?

If you place it somewhere else as index_body.html you need also to move the call to $user->add_lang in index.php to the correct page. <-- did I need to paste the bolded part to some other file not mentioned in the install notes that would let me see the shoutbox?

Sorry mate I dont intend to be a pest but I feel I have scrutinized everything so many times over and cant understand why I don't see a shoutbox yet and no forum errors after the install makes me think its just hiding :lol: I wont attempt the updated rar just yet until I get an idea why this install has failed sort of ..

Any suggestions mate?
Cheers
Ron.
I suggest you use the latest version.
blauesblut

Post by blauesblut »

Paul wrote:
blauesblut wrote:i have shoutbox 1.10 but when i try to install i get this error

This file is only meant for new installs

thx
I suggest you read this http://www.paulsohier.nl/ajax/wiki/111/

i have already downloaded the 1.11 version and uploaded it. but the same error came again :cry: :cry:
help....
babywon

Post by babywon »

i just update from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1
but i stil have the same problem
i only have the loading word in my shout box
http://www.duhoc4phuong.com/forum
please check for me thanks
Last edited by babywon on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

As you read my message under the announcment there is a solution.
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

Sorry mate I never saw your reply until after I went back and tried installing version 1.1.0 again .. anyway I managed to get somewhere now :D I installed again and now have the shoutbox mod tab section in my ACP as well as options for the shoutbox being available in user and group permissions.

I have been tweaking around with it for user settings and admin settings etc .. but for the life of me I still cannot view it on my index page on any template and I even reinstalled java on my pc! I feel I am so close and nearly there with the ACP showing up at last but still would like to know whats stopping me seeing the actual shoutbox :mrgreen:
I will definitely be updating to the new version as soon as I can find the reason for not seeing the actual shoutbox because I dont want to update and have the exact same problem :cry:

Any idea what could be stopping me from seeing it when it is pretty clear it is installed?
Thanks again
Ron.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Without board url, no.
babywon

Post by babywon »

I read through, but i didnt get anything ! :|
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

Paul wrote:Without board url, no.
Thanks for the quick reply ;) here's the forum url - http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx/forum/index.php

and I created an account for you to look as its closed to guests - username = *** and password = ***
Thanks for taking your time to look 8-)
Last edited by Mysteron71 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mysteron71 wrote:
Paul wrote:Without board url, no.
Thanks for the quick reply ;) here's the forum url - http://www.keeponrollin.co.uk/forum/index.php

and I created an account for you to look as its closed to guests - username = *** and password = ***
Thanks for taking your time to look 8-)
In overall_header.html

Code: Select all

// ]]><!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SHOUTBOX -->
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{U_SHOUT_STATIC}"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/editor.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{U_SHOUT}"></script>
    <!-- ENDIF -->
</script>
should be

Code: Select all

// ]]>
</script>
<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SHOUTBOX -->
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{U_SHOUT_STATIC}"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/editor.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="{U_SHOUT}"></script>
    <!-- ENDIF -->
babywon

Post by babywon »

babywon wrote:
I read through, but i didnt get anything ! :|
lolz seriously, i try to read through all of it over again. i didnt get anything to fix my problem. Maybe my english is too bad, so i didnt get it. I try different js.php...i still dont know what my problem is. Please help me, and i wont border you anymore.
Thank you very much
LOL never mind, it works lucky!....i think because of the js.php. Thank you anyway

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”