[ABD]Ajax Shoutbox 1.2.x

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
boriss

Re: [BETA]Ajax Shoutbox 1.1.x

Post by boriss »

Clean install of 1.1.1 version and the same Java error here :cry:
dunv007

Post by dunv007 »

hi paul, The Shoubox Is Working Fine But Bro Whenever i edit a message then the message Does Not Get edited . Only This Comes "sending edited post..." And Nothing Happens Even After Refreshing The Whole Page Nothing Happens And The Message remains same.

Here Is One Screen Shot So That You Could Understand better

I Am Using Internet Explorer 5 And Theme Based On Pro Silver :cry:
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

IE5 is from before the year 1900, so its time to update to IE7 :). IE5 and lower isnt supported, and IE6 only for parts.
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Great job on this release :)
Got in running both in IE and FF now. Just prosilver for now. I can't seem to find the stylesheet.css that I think I need for it to work on subsilver2. It is not in my subsilver2 dir.

A appearance question: if I want to align the messages in the shoutbox, so that each message starts at the same place, independant of username length - maybe using a fixed (max) length for user+date/time - which file should I edit, and how (if I may be so bold to ask...)
Croaton

Post by Croaton »

Hi Paul!

First I would like to say a big thank you for your mod!! It is really great. 8-)

I had the same Java error as others had here, but solved it with the new js file ;) .

However, now I have two other problems... tried to find the solutions, but had no success, so this is my last idea to ask you. Sorry for disturbing :oops:

First problem. In the administration log, the following activity appears with every kind of users (of course none of them are administrators!):
{LOG AS PURGED}
I'm wondering how can I get this report in the administration log, since they are not admins... I'm even getting Anonymous logs there too. :shock: What's the reason behind this? Can I solve it somehow? It's a little bad that my valuable admin log is full with useless entries :(

Second problem. Under IE7, the chat is fine, all rows appearing (currently I have 15 configured in the mod settings). But under Firefox, only 5 rows appearing... if I'm configuring 15, then the other 10 is there too, but the user has to scroll down. Look:

http://img196.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_82lo.jpg

If I'm configuring less than 5, then in that case all okay. But it is not so enjoyable, viewing only 5 rows...
How can I solve this? All firefox users should see their 15 rows what I've set in the mod settings...

Thank you very much for your time, I'm very grateful for this support here!
mrgratuity

Post by mrgratuity »

Congratulations on a fine mod, it has worked perfectly for me since 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 but i'm having some difficulties with this last version (1.1.1) partly due to my own making :oops:

The latest version was working ok for me until i had to purge the cache on my forums earlier and now i cannot get the shoutbox to display properly. In Firefox i get the Shoutbox header and no posts and in Internet Explorer i get a stack overflow error (at line 340) which if i click past the site will come up ok but again the shoutbox loads with the header and no posts. If i take the <!-- INCLUDE shout_body.html --> out of the index_body however the site loads fine which leads me to believe the shoutbox is the issue. If i go back to the 1.0.2 version of the shoutbox it loads fine, however as soon as i put 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 back on it will not display properly, ideally i would like to use this latest version and not 1.0.2 for its added flexibility in its permissions.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated :)
BizimPencere

Post by BizimPencere »

Englisch translations of this errorrr on my forum and on paulscripts demo forum...

Code: Select all

JavaScript Error... \nERROR:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment 
Loss please this picture on http://www.paulscripts.nl/phpBB3/ forum.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7818 ... reeat7.jpg

Please fix it.

Thanks...
www.phpbbturkiye.net | Turkish phpBB3 support and development
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

also just upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and now getting
There has been a JavaScript error. \nError:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
this is using IE7.

FireFox is fine.
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

For those of you with: "There has been a JavaScript error. \nError:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment"

Did you try what is described in this post?
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p4343355

Try using one of the other js.php files - that worked for me in IE
Granit

Post by Granit »

Can this Beta be tested on a Subsilver based theme or is it just prosilver?
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

-.-PhanTom-.- wrote:For those of you with: "There has been a JavaScript error. \nError:Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment"

Did you try what is described in this post?

Try using one of the other js.php files - that worked for me in IE

i tried

fixed my problem by going back to the js.php file from the previous version that worked like you did.

everything is happy again :)

thank you :mrgreen:
catandtom

Post by catandtom »

It works well with FF anf IE7, but IE6 has problem as attached picture, please help:

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

Granit wrote:Can this Beta be tested on a Subsilver based theme or is it just prosilver?
For both worksit very good for prosilver and subsilver, for subsilver don't forget to view the template directory for the instructions :)
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!
BizimPencere

Post by BizimPencere »

spaceace wrote:

i tried

fixed my problem by going back to the js.php file from the previous version that worked like you did.

everything is happy again :)

thank you :mrgreen:
Yeeessss thank you...

I use js.php from 1.1.0 now funtionality perfect,

Paul fix please js.php from new version :)

Thanks for ajax shoutbox.
www.phpbbturkiye.net | Turkish phpBB3 support and development
Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 »

-.-PhanTom-.- wrote:Great job on this release :)
Got in running both in IE and FF now. Just prosilver for now. I can't seem to find the stylesheet.css that I think I need for it to work on subsilver2. It is not in my subsilver2 dir.

A appearance question: if I want to align the messages in the shoutbox, so that each message starts at the same place, independant of username length - maybe using a fixed (max) length for user+date/time - which file should I edit, and how (if I may be so bold to ask...)
Great question and I would like to know this also .. it is all aligned perfectly on prosilver template, but on the aerogreen and aeroblue templates the username lengths are not taken into account and the delete box and the ip box are not in a nice neat line order when a member with 5 letters in the username posts directly after a user with more!

Still a wicked mod that works great .. but would like the finishing touch to set it off 8-)
Thanks in advance
Ron.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”