[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello alightner,
at the moment I have no need for your MOD on my websites. But I've tested some things for MOD compatibility with one of my MODs.
I know what it means to program large projects like this one here. (I have three medium and large size MODs finished and one large MOD still in developement.) So I want to support and help you and your MOD a little bit. I've done an UMIL installer file for your MOD: http://www.martin-truckenbrodt.com/down ... 1_UMIL.zip
Feel free to add it to your MOD package in every way you want to do it. I've tested it with phpBB 3.0.11, UMIL 1.0.4 and AutoMOD 1.0.0.2 (Sajaki edition) successfully.
To workaround problems after uploading the files and before running the UMIL installer file I've changed following code in install.xml:
edit for functions.php
FIND

Code: Select all

else if( prune_calendar_required() )
		{
			$cron_type = 'prune_calendar';
		}
		else if( populate_calendar_required() )
		{
			$cron_type = 'populate_calendar';
		}
REPLACE-WITH

Code: Select all

else if( prune_calendar_required() && array_key_exists('calendar_version', $config))
		{
			$cron_type = 'prune_calendar';
		}
		else if( populate_calendar_required() && array_key_exists('calendar_version', $config))
		{
			$cron_type = 'populate_calendar';
		}
This checks for the installed MOD, too. If the UMIL installer has not been run by now then the page_footer will not crash the board.

Also I had to delete some parts from your install.xml. So the SQL commands only will been done only once with the UMIL installer file.
And I've changed the two longblobs to text columns.

If you want to test it or to use it don't use the buggy ACP AutoMOD Upload MOD button. Upload the files per FTP client insteat.

If you want I will help you oncew for your next MOD version to update the UMIL installer file.

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
guardianwill

Post by guardianwill »

Hi, Been reading the whole forum about the calendar and it sounds like something my support group for CHD could use. Is it at a stable point to add to a live board?

William

Joseph's Journey
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

guardianwill wrote:Hi, Been reading the whole forum about the calendar and it sounds like something my support group for CHD could use. Is it at a stable point to add to a live board?

William

Joseph's Journey
I've been using it on my live site for a couple of years now without an issue.
guardianwill

[SOLVED] : [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by guardianwill »

keith10456 wrote:
guardianwill wrote:Hi, Been reading the whole forum about the calendar and it sounds like something my support group for CHD could use. Is it at a stable point to add to a live board?

William

Joseph's Journey
I've been using it on my live site for a couple of years now without an issue.
Greetings,

I installed the mod and it seems everything is fine. I have not run into any errors as of yet but never the less, I cannot for the life of me find the acp settings. I installed the 2 mods in the Mods tab for admin and set permissions, purged, and purged and cleared the cache and logged out and cleared everything and for the life of me its not there. Please view the few images I snapped to display all is set up correctly as far as I can tell I should add.

Help Please. Thank you in advance
Last edited by guardianwill on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello,
have you tried it with the UMIL installer I've posted some posts above?

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

If you successfully added both modules, be sure to set the Administrator Permissions. See below:

1) In the ACP, click the "Permissions" tab at the top of the screen.

2) Click "Administrators" link on the left-hand-side of the screen.

3) Under the Groups section, select "Administrations" then click "Edit permissions" button

4) Click "Advanced permission" on the right-hand-side

5) Under Administrative permissions, click the "Calendar" tab

6) Select "Yes" for "Can manage calendar settings and event types"

7) Click the "Apply permissions" button

*Edit - I added the step-by-step instructions.
guardianwill

Post by guardianwill »

keith10456 wrote:If you successfully added both modules, be sure to set the Administrator Permissions. See below:

1) In the ACP, click the "Permissions" tab at the top of the screen.

2) Click "Administrators" link on the left-hand-side of the screen.

3) Under the Groups section, select "Administrations" then click "Edit permissions" button

4) Click "Advanced permission" on the right-hand-side

5) Under Administrative permissions, click the "Calendar" tab

6) Select "Yes" for "Can manage calendar settings and event types"

7) Click the "Apply permissions" button

*Edit - I added the step-by-step instructions.

Hi Keith thank you so much. I had to add them to a different heading under mods -- dont know how to add my own. And there they appear.

The second command though was tricjy because all it shows is a function call named generic? but I think I am firguring it out. Great mod. Now to add the user modules. This is so kewl. Wonder why they never added such a thing to the core. Hat's off to the developer and thank you keith for helping.

William
guardianwill

[SOLVED] Re: [Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Post by guardianwill »

Hi Keith,

Sorry to keep bothering you. I have everything installed and working, though things liook a little different than yours and the demo version. I only have a date to select from to add an event and the whole week becomes highlighted as you scroll. Also, I added the holidays and its not showing anything past this month of october besides for my birthday which is in december but christmas ect is not there. Do I have an old version? Although I downloaded it from the first page here.

William

I made some additional refreshes and purges, logged out closed up shop and used firefox then to load instead of ie even after using Ccleaner to clean all remnants of browser history and cache. Works like a charm now. Guess 1 time refresh on all 3 didn't do the trick.
Last edited by guardianwill on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pilxy

Post by Pilxy »

Hi guys,

I have two requests if anyone is so kind to help me with them...

1. I would like to change a date format in calendar header. Now it says: October 10, 2012 and I would like it to be 10th October, 2012

2. When posting new events, I would like the "All day event" checkbox to be unchecked by default (it's checked now), and the "track attendance" checkbox is checked by default (now it's unchecked).

Thank you! :)
XDNDX

Post by XDNDX »

Is it possible to get this calendar to work on Code Black-Bird style?
XDNDX

Re: subsilver2 addon files 0.1.1

Post by XDNDX »

D¡cky wrote:Here are the files and changes to add subsilver2 to the phpBB Calendar

DOWNLOAD: subsilver2 addon

MODx inside, can be installed manually or with AutoMOD.

Thanks mate,, I have the calendar working on the Code Black-Bird style now but I have a couple problems,

the first one is I have no Calender button on the main page. how could I add one?
(FIXED)

and the other is on the calender page I have a yellow bar on the bottom of it, How can I remove it or change the color of it?
keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

XDNDX wrote:
D¡cky wrote:Here are the files and changes to add subsilver2 to the phpBB Calendar

DOWNLOAD: subsilver2 addon

MODx inside, can be installed manually or with AutoMOD.

Thanks mate,, I have the calendar working on the Code Black-Bird style now but I have a couple problems,

the first one is I have no Calender button on the main page. how could I add one?
(FIXED)

and the other is on the calender page I have a yellow bar on the bottom of it, How can I remove it or change the color of it?
Post a screenshot or link to your site so its a little clearer as to what the problem is.
XDNDX

Post by XDNDX »

keith10456 wrote: Post a screenshot or link to your site so its a little clearer as to what the problem is.

sorry I must of removed the link,

this is the bar I'm talking about
Kunaman

Post by Kunaman »

Looking for a calendar for my board and was wondering when version 1.0.0 was coming out if I read it right that it was in beta. Until then is there any good instructions to install the other version? REally need a calendar for my board or any suggestions for another calendar option with good instructions.

thanks.

Jeff
szurilo

Post by szurilo »

Hi,

I also don't see the two new mods in ACP. During the installation everything went fine, the calendar is already in use by several users. I have purged the cache and refreshed the styles multiple times, checked the SQL tables for duplicity and gave myself every possible rights that exists including the calendar admin rights. I am not clueless, can someone help?

Current version of phpBB is 3.0.11

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”