[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
MCnettet

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1

Post by MCnettet »

Thanks, ill give it a try this evening :D
naijand

Post by naijand »

Hi nickvergessen and thanks for this gallery mod.

I've just installed today 0.4.1 it and have noticed a problem;

this is my menu in overall_body:

for board index (notice that I want to make the buttons actve when clicked);

Code: Select all

<li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "index" --> class="menu_button_active"<!-- ELSE --> class="menu_button"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="index.php"><span>Board Index</span></a></li>
for gallery;

<li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "/gallery/index" --> class="menu_button_active"<!-- ELSE --> class="menu_button"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="/gallery/index.php"><span>Gallery</span></a></li>
My problems are;
  • When I click on gallery, it makes my ''board index'' button active instead of itself
  • The second and biggest problem is that when you are in 'gallery' and want to go to index and you click 'index' it stays on gallery and refuses to go to index, even with several clicks
  • Now after the above you click on any other button on the menu it returns a 404 page not found error
I thought the problem was the menu_button_active code and replaced the gallery menu with

<li class="icon-gallery"><a href="{U_GALLERY_MOD}" title="{L_GALLERY_EXPLAIN}">{L_GALLERY}</a></li>
but I still had had same set of problems

I'd be gratful if you help come up with a solution to this.

Thanks in anticipation.
Last edited by naijand on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kharon

Post by Kharon »

Hi nickvergessen

what is the script name ? /gallery/ or /gallery/index.php ?

I installed phpbb gallery (0.4.1).and I installed this addon. I tried /gallery/ and /gallery/index.php is not working

I don't understand.how can I do it ? can you help me ?

http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... 019#p94019

<!-- ELSEIF SCRIPT_NAME == "gallery" --><div class="headerbar" style="background-image: url({T_THEME_PATH}/images/header_custom.jpg); background-position: bottom;">
thanks for reply
sorry my english
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

Darn... I'm such a simpleton.

So I'm trying to update from 0.4.0 RC2 through 0.4.1, doing the file edits for 0.4.0 RC3 and 0.4.0, and running the updater. I got errors, of course. Am I not supposed to run the updater if I'm running through multiple steps?

Here's the error I got:

------------------------
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'config_value' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb3_gallery_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('link_imagepage', NULL)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install/install_functions.php
LINE: 190
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: install/install_update.php
LINE: 738
CALL: set_gallery_config()

FILE: install/install_update.php
LINE: 77
CALL: install_update->update_db_data()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 188
CALL: install_update->main()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 60
CALL: module->load()
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I backed out of the whole thing, by uploading all my original files and file structure, and at least my site still works, and my gallery thumbnails work as well, but the problem is all my images are missing, and when you try to click on a gallery image, users get an error like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'd LIMIT 15' at line 4 [1064]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb3_gallery_images WHERE image_album_id = 3 ORDER BY t d LIMIT 15

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: gallery/album.php
LINE: 124
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will things repair themselves if I do a complete re-installation? Or is there a partial update to the database that I need to undo?
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

I guess an easier question for me to ask would be:

If I screwed up the gallery update by trying to take multiple steps in a single update, and the gallery is only partially installed/uninstalled, can I simply upload all files and file changes from the full install and run the install script rather than the update script?

Will this clean things up for me? Or will I screw them up further?

Thank you!
naijand

Post by naijand »

naijand wrote:Hi nickvergessen and thanks for this gallery mod.

I've just installed today 0.4.1 it and have noticed a problem;

this is my menu in overall_body:

for board index (notice that I want to make the buttons actve when clicked);

<li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "index" --> class="menu_button_active"<!-- ELSE --> class="menu_button"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="index.php"><span>Board Index</span></a></li>
for gallery;

<li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "/gallery/index" --> class="menu_button_active"<!-- ELSE --> class="menu_button"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="/gallery/index.php"><span>Gallery</span></a></li>
My problems are;
  • When I click on gallery, it makes my ''board index'' button active instead of itself
  • The second and biggest problem is that when you are in 'gallery' and want to go to index and you click 'index' it stays on gallery and refuses to go to index, even with several clicks
  • Now after the above you click on any other button on the menu it returns a 404 page not found error
I thought the problem was the menu_button_active code and replaced the gallery menu with

<li class="icon-gallery"><a href="{U_GALLERY_MOD}" title="{L_GALLERY_EXPLAIN}">{L_GALLERY}</a></li>
but I still had had same set of problems

I'd be gratful if you help come up with a solution to this.

Thanks in anticipation.
Can anyone help please, this is to much a mod to uninstall.

Thanks in anticipation
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

you may just replace

<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "/gallery/index" -->
with

<!-- IF S_IN_GALLERY -->
No Support via PM
EAnushan

Post by EAnushan »

Thanks for the great mod ^^ Really appreciate it.
EAnushan

Post by EAnushan »

I'm having a small problem with the slide show feature. Every time I go to a slide show for a particular album, I get something like this:

Looks to me like an Html problem. I can't seem to find the html file which is used for this page (in conjunction with the php file). Anyone have any insight on how to fix this? Or at least the html page which I should modify to fix it?
Kingdombuilder

Post by Kingdombuilder »

This is a great mod... How ever I have a couple of issues.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gallery/image_page.php on line 191: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gallery/image_page.php on line 196: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gallery/image_page.php on line 202: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /gallery/image_page.php on line 233: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3164)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3164)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3164)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3164)

When I view a large photo I get this at the top above the board. Can anyone elaborate for me?
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

NV (or somebody) - Please help me out here... I think I've done a partial install, and I'd like to either fix my database back to version 0.4.0 RC2 or move forward to 0.4.1. Right now my board is stuck without being able to open any albums at all, let alone upload to them.

When the user clicks an album, this error pops up:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'd LIMIT 15' at line 4 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Ideally, I could just re-run the update without creating any double entries in my db? Can the full installation be done without losing the several hundred images already installed?

Also... My board seems to have spontaneously reverted back from 3.04 to 3.03 since this happened. I know I upgraded to 3.04 a few days ago, so there's more broken here than I originally thought. Ideas?

Thanks.
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

Just installed it without any problems, works like a charm, thanks, just got one question:
Is it possible on the main gallery page to just show categories and when you click on those to go to a page showing the albums? And if that's possible, how do I do that?

*edit: for now I just made the categories into albums, but if the above is possible I'd still like to know how ;)
Last edited by JasonWade on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

Enjoying testing out the latest version once again.
Thanks for the update ;)
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
RooMeat

Post by RooMeat »

Is it going to be possible at all in the forseeable future for members to create albums in the public section of the gallery??
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

RooMeat wrote:Is it going to be possible at all in the forseeable future for members to create albums in the public section of the gallery??
Hmmm... It IS possible to do this (at least is is in 0.4.0 RC2). Permissions need to be set for this, but it's pretty straightforward.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”