[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1

Post by Gremlinn »

np azzurri. I just wanted to explain what I discovered about the lytebox code. I know what the problem is, but, I don't know enough about programming js to be able to fix it. Maybe having it setup once per block (recent and random) so that the blocks use "different" js code. Of course, that adds to download time/size.

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal »

zake black wrote:Thanks again for the help. soon as i typed this i'll go make a donation.

phpbb_gallery_albums > display_on_index / display_subalbum_list

I found these in the DB do i just delete these two entrys?
I assume you just update the value from 1 to 0 for the subalbums you would like to turn off
azzurri wrote: I have uploaded 2 images only. Still when I view an image with the lytebox thing it says in the bottom left corner "image 1 out of 4". I click next and it shows image no 1, I click next again and it goes back to image no 1 but say's "image 3" in the bottom corner. This is of course not correct. This only happens in the gallery index. In personal album it is displayed correctly as 2 images. Obviously it has to do with the fact that it is currently showing the 2 images in index as "latest images" and "random images" doubling them. This is a bug.

Does the watermark work? I tried and it didn't for me. I upload an image and it is not watermarked at all.
The watermark does work. Make sure the path is correctly set as well as make sure that the permissions for the group are set properly

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1305/60476230vn4.jpg

If you have the Option set to Yes. then though you have a watermark you would be viewing the image without it

As for the image numbering..I currently use Highslide Mod on my site...i guess it doesnt have such numbering issues.You could try that add-on as well

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

shahinavthal wrote: If you have the Option set to Yes. then though you have a watermark you would be viewing the image without it
shahinavthal, that was exactly the issue. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I'll take a closer look at the highslide mod.

zake black

Post by zake black »

shahinavthal wrote:
zake black wrote:Thanks again for the help. soon as i typed this i'll go make a donation.

I assume you just update the value from 1 to 0 for the subalbums you would like to turn off
I tried setting these to 0 allready. this made no difference.. i just dont want to delete as im not sure thats the right thing to do?

zake black

Post by zake black »

zake black wrote:
shahinavthal wrote:

I tried setting these to 0 allready. this made no difference.. i just dont want to delete as im not sure thats the right thing to do?
Saying that. im assuming i did that correctly i just dont know??

I opend phpmyadmin. then selected the database. selected php_gallery_albums from the list on the left. then found display_on_index and edited that so default was changed from 1 to 0 and then did the same on display_subalbum_list

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal »

zake black wrote:

I opend phpmyadmin. then selected the database. selected php_gallery_albums from the list on the left. then found display_on_index and edited that so default was changed from 1 to 0 and then did the same on display_subalbum_list
Basically that is the default value...You would need to edit the values of the sub albums. For this try clicking the browse tab when you are inside php_gallery_albums (you should see all the subalbums now) and then under the 2 above colums (as you mentioned) try changing the values from 1 to 0..

Hope you understand..I am a bit bz to check out myself actually :oops: (at work)

zake black

Post by zake black »

shahinavthal wrote:
zake black wrote:

Basically that is the default value...You would need to edit the values of the sub albums. For this try clicking the browse tab when you are inside php_gallery_albums (you should see all the subalbums now) and then under the 2 above colums (as you mentioned) try changing the values from 1 to 0..

Hope you understand..I am a bit bz to check out myself actually :oops: (at work)
Dude, That works fine excellent thanks for the help really appreciate it!

:D :D

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

shahinavthal: How does one use Highslide instead of Lytebox? Is there a switch or do we have to install the Highslide mod and do something to get it to work with the gallery?

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

So, I am still having trouble with only half the upload button showing. Also, what do you think of my suggestion of displaying the latest images on the forum index. Making the gallery a bit more integrated to the forum itself encouraging to upload more photos.

zake black

Post by zake black »

Hi,

Yep me again another questions. im starting to upload images now..

If i want to force a certain image for catogory i see in admin their is a field called album image:

I have tried the following. the image number, the compelte url of the image and use the bbcode [album]202[/album]

but all do not work?

anyone advise?

zake black

Post by zake black »

azzurri wrote:So, I am still having trouble with only half the upload button showing. Also, what do you think of my suggestion of displaying the latest images on the forum index. Making the gallery a bit more integrated to the forum itself encouraging to upload more photos.
I like the idea off this. was already thinking i would like to add what appears to be a new catogory at the bottem of the forum but when clicking takes you direct to the gallery..

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

azzurri: Have you refreshed the theme and imageset for the style? Also, there is a block for the gallery that will display recent images on the index. There is a random image block too.

zake black

Post by zake black »

Gremlinn wrote:azzurri: Have you refreshed the theme and imageset for the style? Also, there is a block for the gallery that will display recent images on the index. There is a random image block too.
I think he may have meant in the main forum not the index of the gallery?

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

I tried refreshing, but no change. I think it is something in the code that doesn't work with my progray theme. Worst case I could just remove the button and put a simple url there.

Yes, I did mean the main board index. :)

novanilla

Post by novanilla »

zake black wrote:
Gremlinn wrote:azzurri: Have you refreshed the theme and imageset for the style? Also, there is a block for the gallery that will display recent images on the index. There is a random image block too.
I think he may have meant in the main forum not the index of the gallery?
What Zake black is saying is that there ARE changes to the index.php (and/or portal.php) files you can make that put the recent and random blocks in those other two pages, if you want them there. I think the info for those changes is in the install documentation. They're really nice to have, and work great.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”