[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
shahinavthal

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1

Post by shahinavthal »

ayashazoelle wrote:i have just installed the gallery and would like to know what the difference is between

Own personal albums
Personal albums

i don't want to mess up permissions, and i know that members need to be able to edit their albums, but not other members, but staff should be able to edit all albums. So which one should i give all access to here?

Own personal albums...everyone should be able to edit
Personal Albums...everyone should be albe to view and not edit

is that right?
Own personal albums= permissions given to the owner of the personal album
Personal Albums = permissions/rights given to a member (based by group)
azzurri wrote:Is there an option for users to be notified when someone comments their images? What is favorite images? Why subscribe to "own" images? What does that do?
subscribe own images by default: If you would like to subscribe on images that you uploaded, if they got edited/unapproved etc

subscribe commented images by default: if you would like to subscribe on new comments to your uploaded images with comments

subscribe favorite images by default: if you would like to subscribe to all your images as favourites by default

ayashazoelle

Post by ayashazoelle »

ok, i have read through this thread, and from what i can see and what i have been told, i can install the Highslide Attachment Mod 1.0.7 and then there will be a choice in the acp to switch to using that rather than the lightbox.

is there anything i need to do besides just installing the Highslide Attachment Mod 1.0.7?
ayasha on deviantART
ayasha on IMEEM
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys
the same good things for the first time several times.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

azzurri wrote:So, I am still having trouble with only half the upload button showing. Also, what do you think of my suggestion of displaying the latest images on the forum index. Making the gallery a bit more integrated to the forum itself encouraging to upload more photos.
You need to refresh your imageset in the acp afterwards
zake black wrote:Hi,

Yep me again another questions. im starting to upload images now..

If i want to force a certain image for catogory i see in admin their is a field called album image:

I have tried the following. the image number, the compelte url of the image and use the bbcode [album]202[/album]

but all do not work?

anyone advise?
You need to take the image path (relative to the phpbb_root_path)
ayashazoelle wrote:ok, i have read through this thread, and from what i can see and what i have been told, i can install the Highslide Attachment Mod 1.0.7 and then there will be a choice in the acp to switch to using that rather than the lightbox.

is there anything i need to do besides just installing the Highslide Attachment Mod 1.0.7?
no nothing else to do...
No Support via PM

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal »

ayashazoelle wrote:is there anything i need to do besides just installing the Highslide Attachment Mod 1.0.7?
As you mentioned.You can just switch in your ACP

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

shahinavthal, so the first option, "subscribe own images by default" is only useful if you wish to be notified if a moderator has done something with your picture?

And I was thinking about the second option "subscribe commented images by default", will you get notified on ALL comments on ALL pictures or only your own?

My questions are many and maybe ignorant, I'm sorry, but you have been very helpful so far and I appreciate it a lot.

Nickvergessen: it was mentioned as a solution already, but it didn't work. I think it is a css issue with my theme "progray".

ayashazoelle

Post by ayashazoelle »

nickvergessen wrote:
ayashazoelle wrote:ok, i have read through this thread, and from what i can see and what i have been told, i can install the Highslide Attachment Mod 1.0.7 and then there will be a choice in the acp to switch to using that rather than the lightbox.

no nothing else to do...
i installed this, refreshed cache, styles etc, went to the acp and there is only the option to open lightbox feature.....so why is it if i have to do nothing else, the option to open highslide feature is not there?

i know i said Highslide Attachment Mod 1.0.7 in my original post, but it is now Highslide Attachment Mod 4.0.10b...is there a difference in the way these 2 version act in the acp with the options?
ayasha on deviantART
ayasha on IMEEM
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys
the same good things for the first time several times.

DennyW

Post by DennyW »

Well, I have a problem. I'm new...I downloaded the 0.4.1. I am using subsilver2, 3.0.4. I opened up the subsiler2 folder, and looked at all that had to be changed. I used filezilla. Downloaded them one at a time, and made the changes, uploaded them back to their locations as I found them, replaced the new ones with the old.

Ok, all back on. Refreshed everything, I even had to put back a few minor changes. What I have is { GALLERY } on the index page at the upper right.------* { GALLERY } * FAQ * Search * Members * User Control Panel

I can click on Gallery, it acts like it wants to load, but does not. Please help Please explain simply...to new to know the proper terms.

zake black

Post by zake black »

DennyW wrote:Well, I have a problem. I'm new...I downloaded the 0.4.1. I am using subsilver2, 3.0.4. I opened up the subsiler2 folder, and looked at all that had to be changed. I used filezilla. Downloaded them one at a time, and made the changes, uploaded them back to their locations as I found them, replaced the new ones with the old.

Ok, all back on. Refreshed everything, I even had to put back a few minor changes. What I have is { GALLERY } on the index page at the upper right.------* { GALLERY } * FAQ * Search * Members * User Control Panel

I can click on Gallery, it acts like it wants to load, but does not. Please help Please explain simply...to new to know the proper terms.
It might help these guys if you post a url, that way they can see for themselves exactly what you are saying.

Thanks

Andy

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

DennyW wrote:Well, I have a problem. I'm new...I downloaded the 0.4.1. I am using subsilver2, 3.0.4. I opened up the subsiler2 folder, and looked at all that had to be changed. I used filezilla. Downloaded them one at a time, and made the changes, uploaded them back to their locations as I found them, replaced the new ones with the old.

Did you do all the regular edits of the install.xml aswell? (doesn't look like)
No Support via PM

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal »

azzurri wrote:Nickvergessen: it was mentioned as a solution already, but it didn't work. I think it is a css issue with my theme "progray".
Can you post your imageset in here? Just wrap it in with the code bbcode
DennyW wrote:Ok, all back on. Refreshed everything, I even had to put back a few minor changes. What I have is { GALLERY } on the index page at the upper right.------* { GALLERY } * FAQ * Search * Members * User Control Panel

As nick mentioned recheck all your file edits ... As well as make sure that you make the file edits for your style as mentioned in the contrib folder for subsilver2 (you can find a file subsilver2.xml for the instructions)

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "post your imageset". Do you mean imageset.cfg?

DennyW

Post by DennyW »

That may be a while. Seems as though I can't get on my site. I'm going to have to back track at the moment. I can't even put the backup in yet...

By the way, if someone has a tip on how to put my backup on from my desktop, it sure would help. I have file zilla to up load it, but where does it go ?

zake black

Post by zake black »

DennyW wrote:That may be a while. Seems as though I can't get on my site. I'm going to have to back track at the moment. I can't even put the backup in yet...

By the way, if someone has a tip on how to put my backup on from my desktop, it sure would help. I have file zilla to up load it, but where does it go ?
Im assuming you backed up before hand by simply copying the entire site from server to your desktop. In future its quicker to do it within your hosts control panel.. takes alot less time than file zilla.

If you can explaine how you backed and what folders you copied over to the desktop that would help. its not as simple as just moving the folders back over as it will not replace what is their but simply merge the contents and any duplicates you will be prompted to overright.

DennyW

Post by DennyW »

zake black wrote:
DennyW wrote:That may be a while. Seems as though I can't get on my site. I'm going to have to back track at the moment. I can't even put the backup in yet...

Im assuming you backed up before hand by simply copying the entire site from server to your desktop. In future its quicker to do it within your hosts control panel.. takes alot less time than file zilla.

If you can explaine how you backed and what folders you copied over to the desktop that would help. its not as simple as just moving the folders back over as it will not replace what is their but simply merge the contents and any duplicates you will be prompted to overright.
I understand that. I saw the over writting last night as I tried to follow the instructions on what to download and edit. To answer your question on the backup. Before I started, I did an on site backup in the ACP. Downloaded a copy to my computer. I usually just go to ACP and do a restore...except I cannot get on to do that. This is what it says when I try to log on to my site from the net. This is showing.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_SL, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/dennys6/public_html/dennyscartalk/includes/cache.php on line 468.

I've downloaded that, and on line 468, is has HIDE, followed by instructions from the gallery mod.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

DennyW seems like you miss edited the cache.php check your edits again.
No Support via PM

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”