[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
azzurri

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1

Post by azzurri »

shahinavthal wrote:
azzurri wrote: 1.) I cannot moderate pictures from the gallery index. I click the "moderate" link but nothing happens. It's dead. Works great though inside the an album. I click and get option to edit or delete.
Please check the permissions for your group.If you belong to multiple groups(like registered users,moderators etc) please make sure that your permissions dont conflict with a 'NEVER' in any of those groups. If you have want to deny a permission for those conflicting groups..give a 'NO'
I could be wrong now, but I don't believe that permission settings is the issue in this case. I think it might be a java error. I click and nothing happens at all, no message, nothing.
Can you let us know the style you are using on your site?
I am using the fairly common "Progray" theme.
In viewtopic you get a link to the personal album of that user (currently the total gallery info stats of that user is not available)
Alright, now I see it. I was looking for a link, not an icon.

zake black

Post by zake black »

Update:

Ok i have now re done the install in the correct location rather than the test forum that i setup. again easy install good work thanks.

Now that im trying to create my albumn structure i have come accross a problem.

Subforums listing in the index.. i can find no option to prevent this. Normally in phpbb you use the following option

"List subforum in parent-forum’s legend:
Displays this forum on the index and elsewhere as a link within the legend of its parent-forum if the parent-forum’s “List subforums in legend” option is enabled. "

However this option is not available.

The problem i have is that allready on the front page for my first catogory i have over 25 subalbumns showing and im no where near done??

Cheers and again great work for such a brilliant mod.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

zake black wrote:I have it currently running oagreenland style and works perfectly fine other than the loss of the transparency layer on the main logo?? is fine on forum index tho?
Do you have a link to your gallery?
zake black wrote:Hmm i just found another question though! the search function is it meant to search image titles or names? as mine is only searching posts?
No, the serach itself is not implemented in v0.4.1 but it's already in SVN and will come with the next version.

zake black wrote:Subforums listing in the index.. i can find no option to prevent this. Normally in phpbb you use the following option

"List subforum in parent-forum’s legend:
Displays this forum on the index and elsewhere as a link within the legend of its parent-forum if the parent-forum’s “List subforums in legend” option is enabled. "

However this option is not available.

The problem i have is that allready on the front page for my first catogory i have over 25 subalbumns showing and im no where near done??
The functionality is already implemented, there's just now option in the ACP to turn it on and off, but it is in the db. you may either change this directly in the db or wait for future versions ;)
No Support via PM

zake black

Post by zake black »

As requested http://www.thecampingforum.co.uk/forum/ ... /index.php

Still under development.. so all posts are tests.. other than those in the gallery.. you should see the problem i have straight away. and thats only 2 manufactures done so far.. i got about another 8 to go..
The functionality is already implemented, there's just now option in the ACP to turn it on and off, but it is in the db. you may either change this directly in the db or wait for future versions
Can you advise how i do this in the database? and will it effect all if i do..

I mean i dont want sub albumns listed on index. but i do want them when you go to the next level.

Cheers.

Andy

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal »

azzurri wrote: I could be wrong now, but I don't believe that permission settings is the issue in this case. I think it might be a java error. I click and nothing happens at all, no message, nothing.
Do you have any right click disable script or any such script installed on your forum?

dizee

Post by dizee »

I'm having a spot of bother, and I know I've doubled up somewhere on the script, but I can't for the life of me work out where so thought I'd ask in the vain hope that someone might just know and realise what I've done and where I should look to correct this.

I'm creating a forum for a group of dog lovers. They wanted a message board with an album and a chatroom, so I've installed Gallery 0.4.1 onto phpbb3.0.4 and had a few battles with it - mostly because I haven't done a lot of this kind of thing.

First of all I tried putting the TS album on but I couldn't get it to work, then read about this one. Stupidly I forgot to removed the other first so tho it nearly worked it had a couple of ugly glitches so, with renewed confidence I decided to start again from scratch....

Whatever I did then worked perfectly but upset somehing and I lost access to the ACP, so in frustration wiped the lot and started again, but this time I copied back the files I had edited as per the gallery instructions rather than going back to scratch, and it works just fine but for two little glitches :S

you can see the first here: http://www.barkersnook.com/chatrooms/phpBB3/
an extra 'eye' icon and link to the gallery are appearing on the index page.

The second is a whole second set of settings in the user control panel...

Thank you for taking the time to read, any help is much appreciated

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

shahinavthal wrote:
azzurri wrote: I could be wrong now, but I don't believe that permission settings is the issue in this case. I think it might be a java error. I click and nothing happens at all, no message, nothing.
Do you have any right click disable script or any such script installed on your forum?
Nothing like that. It works when I'm in an album, but not in the album index. Thing is that I get a little error in IE7 at the bottom left so that is why I think it is some sort of java error.

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

azzurri wrote:Hello!

I would like to thank you and congratulate you for creating a wonderful mod and thank you for sharing it with us.

Everything is working great, except for a few minor issues.

1.) I cannot moderate pictures from the gallery index. I click the "moderate" link but nothing happens. It's dead. Works great though inside the an album. I click and get option to edit or delete.

2.) For some strange reason within my personal album, the upload button image repeats vertically and only half of it is showing. When I slide the pointer over it the other half is showing. Strange.

Thank you
Besides these issues I also noticed that image views are not increasing properly. I tried viewing an image from a proxy and another ip adress but it is not increasing. The image currently has 12 views but it doesn't seem to increase correctly.

EDIT: Oh I understand. When you view an image with the java script the view count doesn't increase, only when you view it in phpbb. Should it really be that way? I mean, hundreds of people might view the image and still it might only display 5 views. I don't think that is a good thing.

EDIT No 2: I fixed the repeated button by adding "background-repeat:no-repeat" in gallery_lytebox.css

Code: Select all

.upload-icon span	{ background-image: url("{T_IMAGESET_LANG_PATH}/button_upload_image.gif"); background-repeat:no-repeat; }
I still have problem though with that only half the button is displayed and when I put mouse over the other half is showing.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

zake black wrote:
As requested http://www.thecampingforum.co.uk/forum/ ... /index.php
This seems to be fixed?
zake black wrote:
The functionality is already implemented, there's just now option in the ACP to turn it on and off, but it is in the db. you may either change this directly in the db or wait for future versions
Can you advise how i do this in the database? and will it effect all if i do..
I mean i dont want sub albumns listed on index. but i do want them when you go to the next level.
phpbb_gallery_albums > display_on_index / display_subalbum_list

@azzuri: seems like you didn't edit your imageset.cfg file
No Support via PM

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

I did edit my imageset.cfg. I already checked and double checked that file.

zake black

Post by zake black »

Thanks again for the help. soon as i typed this i'll go make a donation.

phpbb_gallery_albums > display_on_index / display_subalbum_list

I found these in the DB do i just delete these two entrys?

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

I keep finding bugs.

I have uploaded 2 images only. Still when I view an image with the lytebox thing it says in the bottom left corner "image 1 out of 4". I click next and it shows image no 1, I click next again and it goes back to image no 1 but say's "image 3" in the bottom corner. This is of course not correct. This only happens in the gallery index. In personal album it is displayed correctly as 2 images. Obviously it has to do with the fact that it is currently showing the 2 images in index as "latest images" and "random images" doubling them. This is a bug.

Does the watermark work? I tried and it didn't for me. I upload an image and it is not watermarked at all.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

azzurri: I have mentioned that a few months ago. The bug is not with the gallery, it is with the lytebox code. It doesn't separate the recent images from the random images box and doesn't remove duplicate images properly.

And, I use the watermark on a few different sites without a problem.

azzurri

Post by azzurri »

I'm sorry, I had no idea. I don't mean to be negative, only wish to help to improve this wonderful mod which has a lot of potential.

I cannot get watermark to work, but I guess it is a problem with my code then if no one else is experiencing this.

Also I have an idea which might have been mentioned as well. It would be great if the last uploaded images could be displayed on the forum index. Doesn't have to be with all the information and text, only simple with small thumbnails and a title that say's "random images" or whatever.

zake black

Post by zake black »

azzurri wrote:
Does the watermark work? I tried and it didn't for me. I upload an image and it is not watermarked at all.

I got watermark no problem.. if you select it as on.. i dont think existing images will have the watermark? as i disabled it first.. but the images uploaded kept the watermark.

But i have it all on now all ok

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”